1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

On 1, you need a majority religion in that city to get a free Apostle. On 2, you get no retroactive Apostles -- you must have a majority religion in that city when you complete the Mbanza or Theater Square.

On 3, the religion persists even if the holy city has been conquered (or converted to another religion) or the Civ that founded hat religion has been eliminated.

joedoe21 likes this.
  2. Eretas

Eretas Chieftain

? Did the battering ram have some effect on city without wall? And on encampment?

On the image below, it's seem not for the encampment...
    Battering ram.jpg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  3. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Weird. That wall *should* be about three quarters gone after attacking...

I don't know what's happening there.

4. Browd

Are you asking a question about Civ VI or Civ V?

5. cranium1

cranium1 Chieftain

I am having trouble trading resources. For example, Teddy offered to sell me some silk and then he offered to sell me silk again a few turns later. I obviously didn't remember that I was already buying silk from him so now I have 2 silks from Teddy, which is useless right?

Am I expected to keep track of what resources I am trading for or is there a way to see it when a deal is offered? Why would the AI offer me a second copy of a luxury resource?

Secondly, is there a diplomatic summary screen like in Civ V where you can see what resources the AI is willing to sell? Or do I have to click every leader, go to "Make Deal" and then ask for a particular resource after memorising which resources I don't have already?

I am sure I am doing something wrong because it can't possibly be this cumbersome.

Edit: One more quick question, why is the resources map cluttered with bonus resources? And why do my vassal city states give me their bonus resources? Bonus resources are only useful when worked on by a citizen on the map, right? Non-tradeable, like in previous games?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  6. Browd

On bonus resources, ordinarily you are correct (bonus resources need to be worked to provide a bonus and cannot be traded), but the suzerain bonus for Buenos Aires is that your bonus resources (including those obtained from CSs) act like mini-luxuries - each unique bonus resource provides +1 amenities.

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  7. cranium1

cranium1 Chieftain

Thanks. I found a mod that fixes my issue with the duplicate trading of resources, but it seems to be buggy as per the comments and abandoned by it's creator. It basically did this:

"All resources a civilization has access to are now listed, including those acquired via trade with other civs and those imported from city states, to avoid trading for resources you already have".

Anyway I just wanted to know if maybe I was missing some screen.

8. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Chieftain

Is there any way to delete buildings on districts? Specificly the holy buildings? Playing Arabia and want to replace them in cities I conquered for the science and culture bonusses.

9. rschissler

rschissler Chieftain

10. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Not clear on this...

Buenos Aires: does each 1st instance of a bonus resource apply +1 amenity to one city or four?

Considering an invasion if its only to one city.

11. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Only one city. Basically, you get amenities equal to the amount of different bonus resources you own, which are then of course distributed over your empire. See also the Reports screen, where you can see they grant one amenity each. It's still something like 10 amenities total though, comparable to two average Zoos. Plus they stack on those Zoos.

agonistes likes this.
  12. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Not a question, but something I just noticed - Nan Madol suzerain bonus (+2 culture to coastal districts) applies to the city center.

Guess I should have known that.

I was wondering why a new coastal city was expanding its borders so fast... looks like I have a Nan Madol and Antananarivo combo going.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  13. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Chieftain

Do we get right side notification icons after an enemy unit killing our Siege Tower/any other support unit? It seems we get none for support units, which should be fixed.

With which Access Level do we get notifications that a civ starts building a wonder?

Does having a Spy create a Listening Post in a civ's city increase the Access Level with that civ permanently or only for the duration of the mission?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
  14. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I am not certain, but I believe it is open access level. To check, you can go to the access level screen of a leader with limited or open access, and then read what you get at current access level and what you'll get at the next access level.

For the duration of the mission.

15. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

I don't think you get them for support units... I've had that happen to me this week, a siege tower was taken by a knight that shouldn't have been able to see it... no notice...

16. stinkubus

stinkubus Chieftain

Nan Madol is one of my favorite city states. Each coastal town with a harbor and commercial hub adjacent to the city center can generate 6 CPT in addition to tons of gold.

17. KyivanRusCivPlease

I checked yesterday - you are right, that's open access level. That's good that the level required to receive such important information is not higher.

18. jbxx

jbxx Chieftain

I have recently developed a problem - after about 70 turns (on all era and difficulty settings) all units on my map simply disappear together with UI.
    As I play in windowed mode I click close window an then get an option to retire or return to main menu. I have tried disabling and switching mods to no avail.
    Mods currently used AI+ CQUI, TCS improved water yields, Multiple units per tile, and Quo's Lvl2 scouts. These are summer patch compatible.
    I've stooped using Wordlbuilde/Fire Tuner and I have verified my files. Any suggestions/solutions would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017 at 7:57 AM
  19. KyivanRusCivPlease

As of the Summer 2017 Update, Urban Defenses unlock with Steel. When does building walls, Siege Towers and Battering Rams become impossible after this update?

20. Rosty K

Rosty K Chieftain

I don't think Towers and Rams ever go obsolete. Not sure about the walls.