? Did the battering ram have some effect on city without wall? And on encampment?

On the image below, it's seem not for the encampment...
Battering ram.jpg

Last edited:
? Did the battering ram have some effect on city without wall? And on encampment?

On the image below, it's seem not for the encampment...
View attachment 476380

Weird. That wall *should* be about three quarters gone after attacking...

I don't know what's happening there.

Simple question: Does a small stuff pack (like the Denmark one) have the same system patches as the full expansion packs (like Gods and Kings)?

I've had this problem where workers who're improving an area will suddenly stop. I've read that simply giving them the same orders will eventually get the job done, but that's just annoying. I've also read this is a common glitch that's solved by getting expansions where there is a patch that solves this. Due to financial constraints, I can't currently afford to buy a full expansion pack, so I was wondering if the smaller ones (the ones for about £2.99) also had this patch.

Are you asking a question about Civ VI or Civ V?

I am having trouble trading resources. For example, Teddy offered to sell me some silk and then he offered to sell me silk again a few turns later. I obviously didn't remember that I was already buying silk from him so now I have 2 silks from Teddy, which is useless right?

Am I expected to keep track of what resources I am trading for or is there a way to see it when a deal is offered? Why would the AI offer me a second copy of a luxury resource?

Secondly, is there a diplomatic summary screen like in Civ V where you can see what resources the AI is willing to sell? Or do I have to click every leader, go to "Make Deal" and then ask for a particular resource after memorising which resources I don't have already?

I am sure I am doing something wrong because it can't possibly be this cumbersome.

Edit: One more quick question, why is the resources map cluttered with bonus resources? And why do my vassal city states give me their bonus resources? Bonus resources are only useful when worked on by a citizen on the map, right? Non-tradeable, like in previous games?

Last edited:
On bonus resources, ordinarily you are correct (bonus resources need to be worked to provide a bonus and cannot be traded), but the suzerain bonus for Buenos Aires is that your bonus resources (including those obtained from CSs) act like mini-luxuries - each unique bonus resource provides +1 amenities.

Thanks. I found a mod that fixes my issue with the duplicate trading of resources, but it seems to be buggy as per the comments and abandoned by it's creator. It basically did this:

"All resources a civilization has access to are now listed, including those acquired via trade with other civs and those imported from city states, to avoid trading for resources you already have".

Anyway I just wanted to know if maybe I was missing some screen.

Is there any way to delete buildings on districts? Specificly the holy buildings? Playing Arabia and want to replace them in cities I conquered for the science and culture bonusses.

Not clear on this...

Buenos Aires: does each 1st instance of a bonus resource apply +1 amenity to one city or four?

Considering an invasion if its only to one city.

Not clear on this...

Buenos Aires: does each 1st instance of a bonus resource apply +1 amenity to one city or four?

Considering an invasion if its only to one city.

Only one city. Basically, you get amenities equal to the amount of different bonus resources you own, which are then of course distributed over your empire. See also the Reports screen, where you can see they grant one amenity each. It's still something like 10 amenities total though, comparable to two average Zoos. Plus they stack on those Zoos.

Not a question, but something I just noticed - Nan Madol suzerain bonus (+2 culture to coastal districts) applies to the city center.

Guess I should have known that.

I was wondering why a new coastal city was expanding its borders so fast... looks like I have a Nan Madol and Antananarivo combo going.

Last edited:
Do we get right side notification icons after an enemy unit killing our Siege Tower/any other support unit? It seems we get none for support units, which should be fixed.

With which Access Level do we get notifications that a civ starts building a wonder?

Does having a Spy create a Listening Post in a civ's city increase the Access Level with that civ permanently or only for the duration of the mission?

Last edited by a moderator:
With which Access Level do we get notifications that a civ starts building a wonder?

I am not certain, but I believe it is open access level. To check, you can go to the access level screen of a leader with limited or open access, and then read what you get at current access level and what you'll get at the next access level.

Does having a Spy create a Listening Post in a civ's city increase the Access Level with that civ permanently or only for the duration of the mission?

For the duration of the mission.

Do we get right side notification icons after an enemy unit killing our Siege Tower/any other support unit? It seems we get none for support units, which should be fixed.

I don't think you get them for support units... I've had that happen to me this week, a siege tower was taken by a knight that shouldn't have been able to see it... no notice...

Not a question, but something I just noticed - Nan Madol suzerain bonus (+2 culture to coastal districts) applies to the city center.

Guess I should have known that.

I was wondering why a new coastal city was expanding its borders so fast... looks like I have a Nan Madol and Antananarivo combo going.

Nan Madol is one of my favorite city states. Each coastal town with a harbor and commercial hub adjacent to the city center can generate 6 CPT in addition to tons of gold.

I have recently developed a problem - after about 70 turns (on all era and difficulty settings) all units on my map simply disappear together with UI.
As I play in windowed mode I click close window an then get an option to retire or return to main menu. I have tried disabling and switching mods to no avail.
Mods currently used AI+ CQUI, TCS improved water yields, Multiple units per tile, and Quo's Lvl2 scouts. These are summer patch compatible.
I've stooped using Wordlbuilde/Fire Tuner and I have verified my files. Any suggestions/solutions would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
As of the Summer 2017 Update, Urban Defenses unlock with Steel. When does building walls, Siege Towers and Battering Rams become impossible after this update?

I don't think Towers and Rams ever go obsolete. Not sure about the walls.

They do, as of the Summer Patch. Urban Defenses are not affected by siege support units, and you can upgrade your Towers and Rams to Medics. Most units go obsolete as soon as you can build their upgrade, which would happen at Sanitation in the case of the siege units. Walls presumably go obsolete when you research Steel.

Top Bottom