1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Rants #88: [incoherent screaming]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by aimeeandbeatles, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Commodore

Commodore Deity

I blame it on the fact that I was at work when I hired the maid so my multitasking caused me to miss the detail that the maid would be cleaning in her birthday suit.

amadeus likes this.
  2. Samson

Samson Deity

I so expected it to be a coronavirus horror story (ie. "she was coughing and sneezing over everything"). I am not sure which I would rather be apologizing for.

3. amadeus

amadeus As seen on OT

I can look at naked women for free on the computer. If I hired a maid, I’d have to pay for it.

Honestly, I’d rather it be the other way around. :crazyeye:

GenMarshall, The_J and Commodore like this.
  4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

So... um... what was the price...?

I also find it hilarious that you just previously got warned about encountering nudity while making business online, and now this happens :lol:.

5. Commodore

Commodore Deity

$60 an hour and I hired her for 3 hours.

Yes, but it wasn't the slavering gang of naked homosexuals I was warned about. That interaction still bothers me by the way. I mean, what disturbed fantasy land does that guy live in that he thinks such a thing is a legitimate threat?

The_J likes this.
  6. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    And some have the means of production to make virtual lewds via Blender. :mischief:

7. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

My landlord tried to DIY install an automated sprinkler system for the yards while the power was still on. It went as expected.

8. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

I cannot imagine how you could make such a mistake. Before my wife let any maid service into the house (naked or not) she would feel obligated to clean everything thoroughly.

Hygro likes this.
  9. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

:lol: Raves thread is that way --->
    Uhm, I'd just like, to, um, clarify, ummm, that I have been using Blender for over a decade with, um, different objectives.

GenMarshall likes this.
  10. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

You posted this at 5:05 am in my time zone, so I needed it. Your cooperation is appreciated.

:p

Okay, rant time.

Several days ago the upstairs neighbors were stupid and allowed their toilet to get clogged. Then the toilet overflowed and caused a flood in their suite. Then, water and gravity being what they are, the water flowed down through the walls into my living room, hallway, bathroom, and one bedroom. This happened at 4 am, and thankfully I was still up and awake, though it would have been loud enough to wake me.

I had to rescue as many shelves and their contents as possible in a very short time. The plumber came, explained what was going on, and eventually they got the water stopped.

The carpet cleaner came and I've had fans running constantly for several days to dry out as much of the carpet as possible. Today my housekeeping helper and I discovered that the carpet under one of my dressers is wet and some of my boxes of stuff got damp (My Carl Sagan books... :gripe: ).

Anyway, I got one of the assistant managers in to look at the situation, she contacted the leasing agent, and my housekeeping helper backed me up in asserting that this place is no longer fit for me due to mold concerns.

Therefore on Saturday I will be shown some other suites in the building and will be moving. Not sure when, but fairly soonish.

Now I have to explain all this to my AISH worker and the Housing Authority and one of the agencies that provides mobility devices and safety devices and explain that one of them got contaminated when water rained down on it from the upstairs bathroom (seriously, it came through the ceiling) and can I have a replacement and extra funding to hire a mover. Twice in 3 years, also due to mold. I know they're going to suggest moving right out of this building, but if I move to a high enough floor there should be fewer plumbing problems since all of them have been due to water leaking from somewhere above. Besides, there's a shortage of affordable suites in Red Deer that are accessible (ie. don't have stairs at the entrance and do have elevators) and take cats.

My oldest cat died 3 years ago and I think part of the reason was the mold - her walking on contaminated carpets and licking her feet. I don't want the same thing happening to Maddy.

The current batch of people are more sensible and responsive than the ones 3 years ago, who berated me as though they thought I'd caused the situation, and they weren't going to let me have my safety bars (I told them that since they had to gut the entire suite to deal with the mold, what difference did a few holes in the wall where the screws were matter; it took a letter from a social worker to make them understand how serious this is).

So... instead of continuing to tidy things, I will be packing. Some of my boxes got wet. Yay. Not.

JFCOASB, I hate moving.

11. Commodore

Commodore Deity

Had a city employee complain about one of my guards because my guard denied him access to the building for refusing to have his temperature taken. I backed my guard though and basically told the employee "demz da rulez" if you want to come in the building and my guard did nothing wrong.

What makes me angry though is how this guy acted. I looked back at the camera footage and this employee acted so childish about taking his temperature. When my guard first asked him, he threw his head back in frustration and literally stomped his feet while refusing to do it. Why do people over the age of 4 act this way? What do they seriously hope to gain by engaging in toddler-like behavior?

12. amadeus

amadeus As seen on OT

What an odd thing to object to.

Did anyone explain that it wouldn’t steal his soul? That’s only for cameras.

Commodore likes this.
  13. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

It's a good thing you didn't tell him about the chip that the thermometers implant or he really might have thrown a tantrum.

tjs282, Hygro, Synsensa and 1 other person like this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Deity

But why would my guard tell him something that isn't true... :mischief:

amadeus likes this.
  15. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

The chips are stated to delete all memory of the chip's existence from any implantees.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  16. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

why am i a leafs fan

cardgame likes this.
  17. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Because the alternative to leaf fans is devil's lettuce.

Rant: Why do Indian restaurants never give you enough rice to go with the curry?

18. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

Maybe you're supposed to dip more foodstuffs into the curry? I don't have any Indian takeaways to start experimenting with, unfortunately.

19. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Even with a side of naan I ended up with too much. Got an extra order of naan to dip it tomorrow with the leftover curry.

20. amadeus

amadeus As seen on OT

Nobody posts in the health and wellness thread anymore, and I don’t like adding something to a thread without at least a buffer of someone else also talking. I feel like I’m talking to myself, even if there’s no connection between post content.

I stopped going to Indian restaurants when I noticed that the staff are more relaxed about hand-washing before, shall we say, returning to work. Never felt comfortable there after that.

I think I have 4 or 5 restaurants in my permanent, unconditional boycott list. Usually as a result of some unpleasant incident stemming from food safety.

Kyriakos likes this.