Status
Not open for further replies.
The image captures the main idea I think
Spoiler :

Nothing complex was suggested - putting two small pots on the stove to reheat some sauce in one and boil water in the other does not require manual dexterity. If your mobility/fatigue is limited to the point that you are putting something you don't even like in the microwave because putting two small pots on the stove comprises an insuperable obstacle, I genuinely don't understand how you are able to live independently.

@aimee you've been posting in OT since I started posting here, and in that time I've seen you master website design, database operation, and multiple other skills along with becoming far more assertive. You've never struck me as the type to avoid doing something because it is too hard.

In the Sims 2, there's a horrible loop that a Sim can get stuck in when their hunger and energy motives both drop to the red:

They're unable to eat a single bite before they pass out in their own plate of food. Then, since their hunger is still low, they wake up a few seconds later. This is a very easy trap for a Sim (especially a pregnant one) to fall into, and a difficult one to pull them out of.

The easiest solution? Have them grab an instant meal from the fridge and drink that down to stave off starvation, then have them take a nap. But it takes a while. Meanwhile, the rest of their motives keep right on decaying, so now they're also stinky, have to pee, bored out of their minds and lonely.

(Or, y'know, just use maxmotives. But...)

Last edited:
In the Sims 2, there's a horrible loop that a Sim can get stuck in when their hunger and energy motives both drop to the red:

They're unable to eat a single bite before they pass out in their own plate of food. Then, since their hunger is still low, they wake up a few seconds later. This is a very easy trap for a Sim (especially a pregnant one) to fall into, and a difficult one to pull them out of.

The easiest solution? Have them grab an instant meal from the fridge and drink that down to stave off starvation, then have them take a nap. But it takes a while. Meanwhile, the rest of their motives keep right on decaying, so now they're also stinky, have to pee, bored out of their minds and lonely.

(Or, y'know, just use maxmotives. But...)
TIL I'm a Sims NPC.

So my auto insurance company did in fact get my check for renewal about 2 months ago. But never cashed it, and then lost it, and I got another bill to pay it. I am not pleased with them, and had to pay with a credit card today.

In other news, the IALS domain has now expired and will not be renewed.

I've been waylaid since yesterday morning with severe nausea. I've done nothing else except sit as quietly as possible. I haven't been able to eat at all, and OTC solutions are only letting me barely keep it at bay. If it's not better by tomorrow, I'll need to go to the ER.

I've been waylaid since yesterday morning with severe nausea. I've done nothing else except sit as quietly as possible. I haven't been able to eat at all, and OTC solutions are only letting me barely keep it at bay. If it's not better by tomorrow, I'll need to go to the ER.
:hug:

Try to keep hydrated. If you can manage anything at all, I recommend unsalted soda crackers. They're what work for me. If acid is involved, they will help.

You are 8 posts over your limit. You should have been more careful. I hope you feel better soon.

There's a posting limit?

Rant: Montrose site being dismantled! My SGVY! Unavailable! My weekly comics run is RUINED!

There's a posting limit?
Long ago the Admin staff set postcount thresholds for posters and once you cross them, the site rolls dice and any number of good and bad things can enter into your life. Apparently 21,000 was one for Syn and he got a bad roll. You guys really need to pay more attention to the links between your postcount and RL events. They are tightly connected. I know @Zkribbler is aware of this because he has been thinking about a story based on that fact.

You guys really need to pay more attention to the links between your postcount and RL events. They are tightly connected.
I think you have the order wrong. Now that I am confined I have no option for company but the Internet. Before, unless I was engaged with a forum game, I could spend days without posting.

I have six hard drives sitting on a shelf. I went to get the data off of them so I can format them (they are my old BAT files I saved when lightning hit my server). All of them worked fine when I put them on the shelf...

Two of the drives now will not work no matter what I do. [pissed]

I have six hard drives sitting on a shelf. I went to get the data off of them so I can format them (they are my old BAT files I saved when lightning hit my server). All of them worked fine when I put them on the shelf...

Two of the drives now will not work no matter what I do. [pissed]
Bad news that they don't work now. :( Good news: you don't need the data and new, better drives are cheap. :D

Stop chain smoking. :hug:

Malware bytes blocks that site for me because of trojans. Where are Ajax, Ulysses and Achilles when you need them?
I get a trojan block for this whole page every time I load it. Just parsing the link in Synsensa's post is freaking out MalwareBytes. Good thing I didn't follow it.

I get a trojan block for this whole page every time I load it. Just parsing the link in Synsensa's post is freaking out MalwareBytes. Good thing I didn't follow it.
Yes every time I load it I get the popup that says a trojan has been blocked. I'm hoping that when we get a few more posts, and the page turns it will stop. Score 1 for Malware Bytes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom