Random Rants LXXVII: I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no cookies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
It's a very serious and unhappy situation to be surrounded by no cookies. :(

Spoiler Previous threads :

Random Rants
Random Rants Two
Random Rants 3
Random Rants 4: Keep Complaining
Random @#%& rants 5: Life is a female dog.
Random Rants VI: See, this is why we can't have nice things!
Random Rants VII: Why do they ALWAYS do that?!
Random Rantii VIII: When will Latin DIE?
Random Rants IX: I'm Mad As Hell, And I'm Not Gonna Take It Anymore!
Random Rants X: Mraarrrrrrr!!!!!!
Random Rants XI: This Title Actually Has Some Imagination
Random Rants XII: It's Alright To Cry
Random Rants XIII: I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
Random Rants XIV: You're gonna love my nuts
Random Rants XV: Like a Fine Whine
Random Rants XVI: Whambulance Dispatch Center
Random Rants XVII: Rage Against The Machine
Random Rants XVIII: It's cold as hell!
Random Rants XIX: Failure Tactics
Random Rants XX: I CAN'T FIND MY FAGS!!!
RANDOM RANTS XXI: Relapse
RANDOM RANTS XXII: The Angry Dome
RANDOM RANTS 23: Christ, you know it ain't easy!
Random Rants #XXIV - The Angry Mob
RANDOM RANTS XXV: Put a Smile On
RANDOM RANTS XXVI: Those Damned Kids!
Random Rants XXVII: The Rent Is Too Damn High!
RANDOM RANTS XXVIII: Everything is Flammable
Random Rants XXIX: Watch your %*$@ Language!
RANDOM RANTS XXX: age-restricted
RANDOM RANTS XXXI: I hate my job
RANDOM RANTS XXXII: I'm In a Glass Case of Emotion!
RANDOM RANTS XXXIII: World, Y U make me fed up wit U?!!
Random Rants XXXIV: Severe Cussing and VERY Illegal Pony Fights
Random Rants XXXV: BANNED IN THE UK
Random Rants XXXVI: Can't Sleep, Clown Will Eat Me
Random Rants XXXVII: The Server Is Too Busy
Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems
Random Rants XXXIX: Coming up with a title is stressful
Random Rants XL: I'm having trouble growing my wood
Random Rants XLI: Life won't take the lemons back!
Random Rants XLII: The Four-Part Plan
Random Rants XLIII: So Much Whinging Your Head May Explode
Random Rants XLIV: I Can't Find The Answer
Random Rants XLV: Isn't This Just a Ray of Sunshine?
RANDOM RANTS XLVI: Slightly More Than a Month-ly Edition #1
Random Rants XLVII: I don't like food anymore!
Random Rants XLVIII: Worst. Thread Title. Ever!
Random Rants XLIX - IT CHAFES MY ARSE!!!
Random Rants Νʹ: Pissed tae th' gills
Random Rants LI- Hell hath no Fury, like a Woman Scorned
Random Rants ნბ: WE FORGOT THE ANAESTHETIC!
Random Rants LIII: F My Life
Random Rants LIV: I Took An Arrow In The Knee
Random Rants LV: The Joy of Ranting
Random Rants LVI: Raving Mad
Random Rants LVII: wow. many anger. very whining.
Random Rants LVIII: Wassamatta U... Ah Shaddap you face.
Random Rants ΝΘʹ: Someone is wrong on the Internet
Random Rants LX: I wish to register a complaint
Random Rants 61
Random Rants ΞΒʹ: Bloody hell!
Random Rants #63: These Rants Don't Run
Random Rants LXIV: Who's Acting Like a Child Now?
Random Rants ΞΕ': No, YOUR thread titles suck!
Random Rants LXVI: NO, **YOUR** THREAD TITLES SUCK!!
Random Rants LXVII: Emptiness = Melancholia*Cheerlessness^2
Random Rants LXVIII: Burn it all to the ground and start over!
Random Rants LXIX: Life is a Dismal Chore
Random Rants LXX: CFCOT's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Random Rants OA - I Have 71 Problems, But This Thread Ain't One
Random Rants LXXII - What is wrong with us?
Random Rants LXXIII: "You've had this place redecorated, haven't you? I don't like it."
Random Rants 75: This is Bat Country!
Random Rants 76: Argh! Augh! Ahhh!

This thread's title was inspired by a brief scene in an episode of "Keeping Up Appearances":

I'm ranting against international mailing restrictions, or I'd happily help you with your no-cookies predicament.

Someone opened my door at 5:45 this morning. Dog went nuts and the person ran off before I could get a look at them. I had forgotten to lock the door after taking the dog out.

So now I'm wondering if it was an accident or someone was testing the apartment for a later break in. :-/

Probably the former but who knows. I've had elderly, confused people walk into my apartment before and I myself have walked up to the wrong door and nearly let myself in as well. At the same time there has been break ins at my building before so idk.

Cookies can be sent over the border.
Yes, the President just said tremendous amounts of cookies are coming across the border.

Someone opened my door at 5:45 this morning. Dog went nuts and the person ran off before I could get a look at them. I had forgotten to lock the door after taking the dog out.

So now I'm wondering if it was an accident or someone was testing the apartment for a later break in. :-/

Probably the former but who knows. I've had elderly, confused people walk into my apartment before and I myself have walked up to the wrong door and nearly let myself in as well. At the same time there has been break ins at my building before so idk.
There have been times when the staff here have just walked in. Once was security because the manager had listed my apartment as vacant but I was still staying there until I could get the movers to take my heavy furniture downstairs to my new suite (where I'm living now). He must have seen the light on (I was in bed, about to turn the lights out) and wondered why someone was in a vacant apartment (the manager hadn't bothered telling security I was still here).

Lucky thing my canes weren't in reach, or there would have been a situation...

And then last year, one of the office staff just walked right in. She was supposed to be checking the suite across the hall from me, but demonstrated that she can't read numbers. No apology or explanation were offered until I complained to the manager (who apologized on her behalf; she didn't have the integrity to do that herself).

Ordinarily the staff here are not allowed to enter a suite without having given a minimum of 24 hours' notice, and they have to state why. Of course they can come in for emergencies (ie. burst pipes, fire, medical emergency), or if the tenant gives verbal permission, but none of those applied to the office worker just unlocking my door and strolling in. She didn't even bother knocking.
Cookies can be sent over the border.

Thread title's channeling its inner @Snerk.
Well, there are lots of other things I'm not surrounded by that I'd like, but I figured cookies were relatable to everyone here. I can't say I'm not surrounded by penguins, because I am - to the front of me, to the left and right of me, and behind me.

But as indicated, the thread title was inspired by Onslow's situation. He's out of beer, and in another episode he's out of smoky bacon-flavored potato chips (I get that complaint because that flavor is yummy).

#1 I've been wasting the last 3 hours to figure out how to format the input for a certain plugin in a certain tool.
It's supposedly only 2 space delimited tables. Only one of them is working.
And that is not the actual issue. I'm trying to layout a network automatically, because none of the built-in layout algorithms can even approximately do what I want.
If that is done, then I can tackle the actual problem. Wanted to have started this already one freakin' month ago, but I have really no idea where the time goes to.

#2 Yesterday, at dance class, a guy asked if I'll come to a party today. My answer was "maybe, in case I'm not too tired and can convince myself to get off the couch". His answer was "is there a specific reason you'd be tired tomorrow?".
That prick. I hate him so much. Because this means he's not tired on a regular evening. Hell, I wake up tired.

#3 Today in the canteen, I nearly bumped into someone. While saying sorry I noticed that it was actually a really pretty MD here from the hospital. And while realizing it, she was gone.
I then found my colleagues at a table. A minute later the pretty doctor sits down on the next table, back to me, with a female colleague. I told myself "you can do that, when our group leaves from the lunch table, you can do that!". Then 3 more colleagues (2F/1M) sat down at her table. Ewww.... crap.
And this damn hospital is really too big to have a chance to randomly run into someone again :(.

:mad: about everything.

There's a setting on your browser that can enable cookies.

Onslow's one of my favorite characters, so general approval for thread subtitle.

*right-wing voice*: "I can't be anti-Semitic because I believe that the shadowy cabal of cosmopolitan Marxists and financiers that are trying to destroy Christianity and/or the white race and/or "the West" are pro-Palestine."

Over the last month, all but 4-5 cars in front of me failed to get within 10 miles/hour of the speed limit before merging onto a high speed toll road.

Since I merge this way twice a day on weekdays and only sometimes lead the way, this means that well over half (more like 2/3 to 3/4) of all drivers taking this route that I've encountered are objectively poor at merging into traffic, even if I scratch reasonable exceptions like cement trucks and such.

It is harder to merge into traffic at higher speed differentials, and they're going to accelerate to that speed anyway. This creates a small hazard and forces the traffic on the toll road to slow down needlessly. There is plenty of room to accelerate, such that even 10+ year old 4 cylinder vehicle could do it twice over...so why are over half of the drivers in the area doing this so poorly? Many of these same vehicles go on to tailgate people too. Awful.

Inexperience and fear.

As it turns out, you can have pneumonia without a cough.

Ya boi's sippin' that cipro sizzurp now.

Very silly rant: I somehow forgot to take off my socks before getting into the shower. That wasn't very nice. On the upside, I guess I don't need to wash the socks now.

Takhisis said:
Please tell me that it's not something ridiculously literal e.g. ‘giben auf der geist’.
metatron said:
I'm getting gut at this.
Very silly rant: I somehow forgot to take off my socks before getting into the shower. That wasn't very nice. On the upside, I guess I don't need to wash the socks now.
Just wash the socks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom