What do you think of the thread title?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut my own hair today for the first time and went way too short by accident.
I did that once, first time I tried. The clipper I'd borrowed had a faulty lock on the comb (or more likely: I hadn't locked it properly because I wasn't familiar with it! ;) ), and it slipped while I was reaching round to do the back of my head.

I ended up carving a nice 15 cm streak of "extra-short", straight upwards from neck to crown. The rest had been cut to about 12mm anyway, so it grew out reasonably fast, but even so, still kind of noticeable for the next couple of weeks...

I did that once, first time I tried. The clipper I'd borrowed had a faulty lock on the comb (or more likely: I hadn't locked it properly because I wasn't familiar with it! ;) ), and it slipped while I was reaching round to do the back of my head.

I ended up carving a nice 15 cm streak of "extra-short", straight upwards from the back of my neck. I mean, the rest had been cut to about 12mm anyway, so it grew out reasonably fast, but even so, still kind of noticeable for the next couple of weeks...
Maybe men should consider just letting it grow for the next few months. It used to be the norm anyway, several hundred years ago.

The last time I was in Canada, I stopped for the night at the first motel back over the US border. And the diner attached to the place had home fries cooked with chopped onion. That's how my parents used to cook them. And that was the first time I'd ever seen them cooked that way in a restaurant. Were good.

It's snowing again. We really didn't need a late spring this year.

Maybe men should consider just letting it grow for the next few months. It used to be the norm anyway, several hundred years ago.
Maybe so, but several hundred years ago scuba-diving holidays weren't really a thing. And long hair wasn't hugely practical when I was taking folks diving on a twice-daily basis (yes, I did get a bit of good-natured stick about my 'haircut', from the next couple of sets of guests).
It's snowing again. We really didn't need a late spring this year.
We had a week of sunny-but-cold, followed by snow pretty much out of the blue this morning.

I ended up carving a nice 15 cm streak of "extra-short", straight upwards from neck to crown. The rest had been cut to about 12mm anyway, so it grew out reasonably fast, but even so, still kind of noticeable for the next couple of weeks...
I have no such excuse, my Aldi special buy clipper set from last summer worked perfectly. I just went with a 6mm blade and gave myself a scalping like I haven't had in 20 years (on the back and sides), I went for 12mm on top.

Still at least my receding hair line is less obvious to the handful of people that might see during lockdown. My daughter likes it.

Add to the list of first world covid virus problems...my store was low on creamer, including being out of the vanilla kind we normally get and not having the giant bottle we normally get. So figuring I wanted two of the smaller bottles anyway I split them with a cinnamon one that my gf would be okay with, and a hazelnut one that I guessed I would try since it seems most common next to vanilla.

So, a hazelnut is a nut, and nuts are generally seeds from trees, so at some base level a hazelnut is apparently made from wood. My coffee tastes like it was stirred with a stick, and the stick dissolved.

I just want to say that hash browns are delicious

It's potato fried in grease. How can it be all that different from any other potato fried in grease?

It's potato fried in grease. How can it be all that different from any other potato fried in grease?

Depends I you make your own or not.

We use the air fryer on them.
IMG_20200328_115423.jpg

Father in law sometimes makes his own. They're about half an inch thick and are basically a big Pattie.

Just saw a TV ad for 5 hour energy...sleeping parents with newborn, baby starts crying, Dad says I got it after downing a little bottle of 5 hour energy.

He's gotta get his fix of 'energy in a bottle' to deal with a crying baby in the middle of the night? And 5 hours?

Breaking Bad legally

If that's what you call hash browns, that I'm with Syn that they don't look good, especially with the canned spaghetti next to them. You need bigger patties than that, more shredded than just cooked, and they should be more, well, brown looking.

Like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom