Random Rants : Pissed tae th' gills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yeah, there's that.

Camikaze, we'll say nice things about you, and if you do die in the cold (which you WON'T) we'll all sing:

Spoiler :
"Freeze a jolly good fellow, freeze a jolly good fellow..."

Having to get up at 4 AM to attend a workshop at 1 PM, which will fill the rest of the day...yeah...that's great.
Will be a hell of a day *grmpf*.
4am for a 1 PM meeting? What?
Rant: I can't think of a way to share my interest in armor without making armor the new Poland.
Eh, just send me a word document with the stuff if you feel the urge to talk about it. I always enjoy learning about the middle ages -especially when the info allows me to correct people BECAUSE THEY ARE WRONG.
We need an Armour thread in WH.
Armour is vastly superior to Armor.
We could have a discussion on 'archer: archero or arquero" in the NitpickingFanaticsforums.

We need an Armour thread in WH.
We could have a discussion on 'archer: archero or arquero" in the NitpickingFanaticsforums.

Waste of a perfectly good joke!
Spoiler :
Can't you start an Armor thread? Or an Armor social group.

I'd start an Armour social group, but I'm afraid it'd get Spammed

:rofl:

Some sweatshirts, a thick jacket, a pair of boots, a pair of gloves, and a scarf, and everyone can surfive a winter in Germany.

4am for a 1 PM meeting? What?

Includes bus, train, flight, train, train, train, taxi, and a change of time zone.
And I arrived nearly 1 hour too late.
The british railway website is crap. It appeared like a direct connection, but were in fact 3, and no indication where to go :mad:. Took me nearly 1 hour to get out of Heathrow :mad:.

All those jokes about the trains running on time are an indicator of a country that is abnormal in this regard, not an indicator of self effusing admittance of fault!

I hate having to watch weird/depressing South American movies for Spanish class. If the prof thinks it is so important we watch the movie -and that we need to waste two hours of our life instead of reading a scholarly document on the subject- why can't we watch it in class?

Apparently a water main broke, and most of the buildings on campus were evacuated for reasons related to that.

On the bright side, the second half of my most boring class was cancelled because of that.

Some sweatshirts, a thick jacket, a pair of boots, a pair of gloves, and a scarf, and everyone can surfive a winter in Germany.
You're writing with a Funetik Aksent!
The_J said:
Includes bus, train, flight, train, train, train, taxi, and a change of time zone.
And I arrived nearly 1 hour too late.
The british railway website is crap. It appeared like a direct connection, but were in fact 3, and no indication where to go :mad:. Took me nearly 1 hour to get out of Heathrow :mad:.
Maybe you should've overnighted there. Didn't you have a more direct route?
All those jokes about the trains running on time are an indicator of a country that is abnormal in this regard, not an indicator of self effusing admittance of fault!
I think you mean 'self-effacing', but in a country that has been run by the Tories for over three decades, what do you expect?
I hate having to watch weird/depressing South American movies for Spanish class. If the prof thinks it is so important we watch the movie -and that we need to waste two hours of our life instead of reading a scholarly document on the subject- why can't we watch it in class?
Because he needs the class time for hiw own highly important activities. And/or he's a jerk.
missed a pop quiz doing homework for another class TT
What's a pop quiz?

an unnannounced quiz

some teachers use them to check along the way people are understanding the material. Typically not more than 5-10% of course grade after summing up all pop quizes (eg this class pop quizzess 10%)

Oh. Sorry, but Raves thread is over there. -->

Spoiler :
Might not be captain for the soccer game tomorrow, let alone starter, despite the fact that I know what I'm doing on the field (most of the time). Combine that with the fact that I seem incapable of bumping my English grade above a B+ and feeling socially ******ed lately, especially when it comes to girls, I'm really not having a good time.
Oh, and the A's lost.

Things will look up, Sam. Pats haven't lost to the Aints, yet; English isn't easiest language to learn. There's always the next game and, frankly, I didn't have my first girlfriend until I was fifteen. I had, like, one a year -- maybe -- and I'm 45 and never been married. Woo-hoo!

Oh, yeah, there's that.

Camikaze, we'll say nice things about you, and if you do die in the cold (which you WON'T) we'll all sing:

Spoiler :
"Freeze a jolly good fellow, freeze a jolly good fellow..."

I really hope you haven't been waiting for winter to come around to use that line. :lol:

The jacket shouldn't be a problem (I think I'll buy a pea coat), but the boots are trickier, seeing as I don't know what proper boots are meant to be like, and sizes are different here. I've always never gone shopping for hand shoes, but I assume department stores will have a section.

Gloves are not a big deal, but yeah...shoes...last time it took me 2 hours to find some which I liked.
Just check for some proper hiking boots, these should do it.

You're writing with a Funetik Aksent!

It was late here :p.

Maybe you should've overnighted there. Didn't you have a more direct route?

That is the most direct route (unless you take a taxi straight from the airport ^^).
Taking a day more would have been an idea (also what one of the postdocs at my lab said), but then again...didn't want to waste time and money...and also didn't think so far...ahem.
But well, has worked out, was just not very convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom