Random Rants XLVIII: Worst. Thread Title. Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only because I was taking the time in notepad to manually create the quote for an old thread in the non-quotable old tavern! :mad:

I know that feeling.
You should get some help.

this is a really random post (in the sense that it's from half a month ago) but I appreciate the thought! It kind of sucks that pretty much all potential jobs I am facing have some level of "have you ever consulted a mental health professional for any reason or for counseling of any kind" and I kind of want to avoid any stigma for that.

myself, it's only at worst some mild depression or anxiety, but it really does suck that society really fracks over the people who need help the most (i.e. not me). So this post's "rant" is that society really does screw over way too many people before they get any fair shake at all.

above post of mine is unrelated to this.

Nope. Poster #1k starts. That way, there's one less postcount unit wasted.

No. And I don't know how that "1,001" thing ever got even assumed to be correct...
I knew that, I just thought poster 1k needed to wait until post 1001 was made before poster 1k posts the next serial. :dunno:

I've decided that the 16th century would be the perfect setting for a Total War game. Janissaries, Landsknechts, Lepanto and Malta, Ivan the Terrible, Charles V, Elizabeth I, Suleiman the Magnificent, the Italian Wars, and a perfect blend of firearms, cannons, armor, and melee weapons. Unfortunately, there's not one decent mod for this anywhere for Medieval II or later!:mad:

I've decided that the 16th century would be the perfect setting for a Total War game. Janissaries, Landsknechts, Lepanto and Malta, Ivan the Terrible, Charles V, Elizabeth I, Suleiman the Magnificent, the Italian Wars, and a perfect blend of firearms, cannons, armor, and melee weapons. Unfortunately, there's not one decent mod for this anywhere for Medieval II or later!:mad:
Well, Kingdoms has a beta version of With Fire and Sword taking place in Rennaissance Eastern Europe. There is also a full version for Barbarian Invasion although the AI is a bit buggy and the English translation makes Engrish look well-edited.

But yeah, that is a setting I wish CA would do instead of returning to Rome.

Also, in CK2 I finally managed to declare myself the King of Aquintaine, thinking I could subjugate an independent Duchy of Toulouse later. However, while I wasn't looking then went and swore their aliegence to the king of France. Sure, I made sure he can't muster an army worth ****** in an earlier war but it is still annoying.

I can't wait for the day I get to live alone. People suck.

Careful what you wish for. I live and work with the same two dozen people 365 days a year, I mean, aside from the hundreds I meet in a month through my organizing. Just find people you like to be around and who like to be around you.
Society as we know it in the states does suck, but I have found people aren't so bad and there are many who would like to see a better world and treat each other with dignity and decency.

I am 45 and I have seen the poorest of society -- in its streets and jails -- and the richest of society coming from a background of means - my grandmother's neighbors were Standard Oil execs -- and they always seem to go side by side.

Be if good cheer. Moods are just that -- moods. Nothing is set in stone.

Sent via mobile; apologies for any mistakes.

But yeah, that is a setting I wish CA would do instead of returning to Rome.

Pike ans Shot total war seems to be one of the most requested eras/locations for a total war game, right up there with China and Victoria.

I personally root for Victoria, FOTS was just too much fun.

I can't wait for the day I get to live alone. People suck.

You might just be with the wrong people ;) (as also Reindeerthistle implies).

this is a really random post (in the sense that it's from half a month ago) but I appreciate the thought! It kind of sucks that pretty much all potential jobs I am facing have some level of "have you ever consulted a mental health professional for any reason or for counseling of any kind" and I kind of want to avoid any stigma for that.

They are allowed to ask this?
How would they find out?
What type of job is that o_O?

myself, it's only at worst some mild depression or anxiety, but it really does suck that society really fracks over the people who need help the most (i.e. not me). So this post's "rant" is that society really does screw over way too many people before they get any fair shake at all.

True, true.

Rant: I'm sick and tired of looking at fog for four straight days from midnight to morning hours! I wanna see some sun when I get out of work :mad:.

Is there going to be a respite from the releases of zambee games anytime soon? I'm getting tired of seeing my YouTube feed clogged with stuff like State of Decay and The Last of Us.

I think that he means he got a bellows…?

That should be a rave, because it's the only way for most members here to get any form of sex :D :p ^^.
Sex is overrated.

Seriously. Just think of all the germs and goo involved. :cringe:

Yay germophobia.

So yeah, sex. Overrated.

Sex is overrated.

Yay germophobia.

So yeah, sex. Overrated.

Depends on the kind you are having. I used to think the same when I all did was vanilla. I would routinely choose internet and books over it. Then however someone showed me knives, strangling, RP and uh...resistance training and suddenly its amazing. Not to mention a great cardio and strength exercise.

Sex is overrated.

Yay germophobia.

So yeah, sex. Overrated.

Sex has actually been shown to be good for you beyond just feeling good. One thing in particular is that it boosts your immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom