Random Raves 37 - Already CFC is returning to harmony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day's going great so far. Collaborator's mass spec confirms I am purifying the right protein, enjoying a relaxing day at the lab planning the next few weeks, and looking forward to a fun night out with my colleagues. So happy right now I don't even care that I'm setting myself up to be disappointed if something bad happens later.

Well after one temporary job I got another temporary job, same company different store.

But then I should have a better chance of finding a permanent job after that.

It was only 2 weeks unpaid then 6 weeks temporary. They offered me an extension up to Christmas, but the hours were unsuitable so I applied for a more suitable job at another store.

I do live in a good area to be working for M&S though. They have loads of stores in West Yorkshire.

Also I got to skip the assessment phase as I got a store transfer.

I just saved over £56 in one transaction in GOG's massive autumn sale, which I'm really quite pleased about.

And if you buy them both, you can get Morrowind for just £5.

And if you buy them both, you can get Morrowind for just £5.

I'm looking forward to the completion of the Skywind mod that is basically Morrowind with the Skyrim engine and graphics. Skyrim's the first TES game I've ever played, and I don't like going backwards in terms of graphics, so it sounds great to me.

That could take a very long time. Buy the original Morrowind, add the MGSO overhaul and run with that.

Oh looks like I'm late but I guess obligatory complaint about thread title.

Also a couple of days ago I reached 50k in NaNo after only 11 days! Still not done with the novel though.

Are you telling me you worked 2 weeks for free? That's a lot of free labor.

I spent basically the whole day at a uni campus off-town watching Rocky Horror and then playing boardgames in this Roleplaying Club they've got, invited by this really handsome guy who is its secretary and it went well. It was my first game of Exploding Kittens, and it was fun.

Oh looks like I'm late but I guess obligatory complaint about thread title.

Also a couple of days ago I reached 50k in NaNo after only 11 days! Still not done with the novel though.

YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL YOU EVEN GOT ONE [pissed]

mumble grumble caps

So I got a newish superphone on Monday (Galaxy S5) and it has already surprised me by accident.

I was talking and clicked the wrong button and it performed by itself a Google search of
all know how scary Cthulhu looks when

I saw the words appearing on the screen as I said them and trailed off.
Then I was staring at the Google search results. :eek:

I am both terrified and thrilled that my phone can turn every word I say into text and that it got Cthulhu correct. (yay me pronunciation)

Are you telling me you worked 2 weeks for free? That's a lot of free labor.

They're called work placements, it was pretty much the only way for me to get back into work after being unemployed for over 8 years.

Today there were brand new men's coats at my M&S store. They were amazing. They were £89 each. Italian moleskin coats. I had a staff discount card. And also spend £75 on clothes and get a free Christmas box with a bottle of wine and Belgian truffles and biscuits.

Guess who owns a new Italian moleskin coat with a free Christmas box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom