Random Raves XVII: A sporran in my kitten!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously heard a BBC reporter use the phrase "huge tracts of land" on the radio the other day. Totally deadpan. I can only hope it was an intentional reference, as it seems far too exact for coincidence. British humour :love: :lol:

Heh:

....German Shepherd, Dingo, played with crew members, happily running, jumping and barking (Dingo, not the crew) in Pine Knob, MI

I fell apart at "not the crew" :lol:

I seriously heard a BBC reporter use the phrase "huge tracts of land" on the radio the other day. Totally deadpan. I can only hope it was an intentional reference, as it seems far too exact for coincidence. British humour :love: :lol:

I remember hearing the phrase used in a WWII documentary at school. Couldn't take the rest of it seriously.

What's that about tracts of land?

It's a euphemism for 'breasts', aimee.

Oh dear.

OK I laughed at this. :)

In Reno, NV, [the musician] picked up a bra which had been tossed on stage, saying, "This looks like a big one," then put it on and modeled it; he did it again with a black strapless number in Pittsburgh, PA.

EDIT: Didn't realize it was a doublepost :blush:

"Huge tracts of land" doesn't have to be a euphemism, you know, especially at the BBC. :)

Riiight… just like in 'Whistle while your wife works', 'mountains for your Matchbox cars' ain't no euphemism.

All this talk of euphemisms reminds me of a certain song, where it doesn't really sound too bad when a male sings it. But if a female sings it all of a sudden there's a bunch of hilarious double-entendres. :lol: I could PM the song title to anyone who wants to know what it is.

I've set my self up to have a bunch of classical movies ready to be watched! Right now I'm watching Some Like it Hot (1959) with Marilyn Monroe. (I really need to get that Old Movies thread started...)

Yesterday, I saw Gone with the Wind. Man, I thought the ending was pretty sad, even though Scarlett wasn't always the most... likeable person. It was also pretty funny to see all the wussies chasing her and the contrast between Ashley and Rhett.

Vivien Leigh was pretty pretty in it. Some of her dresses were amazing.

"Huge tracts of land" doesn't have to be a euphemism, you know, especially at the BBC. :)

No, it doesn't have to be, but it's hilarious even if it was unintentional. I kind of like not knowing whether it was just a coy reporter sneaking that in, or an inadvertent Monty Python boobies reference. :D

The weather in the Outer Banks is pretty fine right now. :)

SO JEALOUS. Which island are you on? We used to go out to Emerald for vacation and I've been wanting to go back for years.

For some reason this article refers to beards as "facial decorations." I don't know.

Okay, background first...

Mass Effect. I am going after some chick's daughter. She's a scientest on this planet with a bunch of lava
There's this chokepoint that I couldn't get the maco through, so I set off on foot and got my backside wiped
(and not with charmin wet wipes that are soft and soothing)
So I went back and after 15 minutes of thruster jumps, turns in air, etc...

Payback's a naughty word, you geth boogers.

Went 6.5 out of 7 in a recent chess tournament (Woodbury Club Championship). Will probably break Expert status when the club TD's get around to publishing the event.

Also, my daughter had a happy evening & went to sleep nicely.

Also #2, I'm unloading my silver coins tomorrow for a profit.

Also #3, I'm buying a really nice film projector screen I saw at a yard sale (but couldn't fit into the milk crate on the back of my bike at the time) for $10.

It's my day off and I got up at 5.00am . Had an awesome surf in the freezing cold then played 18 holes with a 70 year old guy who was also gonna play solo . Took all my washing to the Chinese laundry who'll take care of everything , demolished yum cha and had a haircut .

Pretty constructive day so far , thus I can totally justify playing Civ for the next 6 hours .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom