Random Raves XXIII: Everything went better than expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned to type from Runescape.

This is a tech demo of my fast typing skills and a demonstration of my point and peck typing ability. As you can see, I can also perform this operation while looking away from the camera. Well, maybe you can't see that actually. I'm not actually sure the camera can see my face.

---------

Text typed during the recording of this video.

Spoiler :

Yay video recording. Was a hassle to jerry-rig a kickstand for my phone though.

Rave: first youtube video upload.

I have posted so much today... haven't even touched any of my video games... first time that's happened in a month or two.

I learned to type from Runescape.

Must have been hard until they finally got around to updating the chatbox to let you go back to earlier parts of what you were typing without pressing backspace.

Yeah it was very annoying. Had to deal with that for like 3 years.

I'm actually a peck typer. I'd say 60-80% of the keys I stroke are with my index finers.
I actually peck type too. I once tried a typing instruction program (very old, very simple [by old, I mean DOS old), but I never really found any interest in it. I just slowly learned, and now I simply can without really thinking.

Must have been hard until they finally got around to updating the chatbox to let you go back to earlier parts of what you were typing without pressing backspace.
Actually, I still have a slight habit of using backspace in those situations. :p

As do I. Stupid RuneScape. :p

Pulled an all nighter last for for the Relay for Life (Stayed up until 7:30 this morning). Woke up at 3:30 this afternoon.

I guess I'm going to disagree with a fair few people here, but I thought the Olympics opening ceremony was very enjoyable; much better than what I expected, and provided an interesting contrast to Beijing's one (though I enjoyed that too). Of course YMMV; I happen to be the sort of person who usually like leftie multicultural crap. You might disagree.

I agree with TK, I personally liked the Opening Ceremony very much :). I don't understand all the hate towards it personally

I agree with TK, I personally liked the Opening Ceremony very much :). I don't understand all the hate towards it personally

The two main types of criticisms I've seen so far are: 1) it was communist propaganda (not worth dignifying with a proper response) and 2) it was disorganised/unspectacular/confusing/cheesy and similar criticisms of the sort. Thing is though, the theme of the night was ordinary people caught up in historical upheavals and/or having a good time; it's organised disorganisation.

It was a bit disorganized and didn't exactly fit together well as a whole, but I also enjoyed it regardless.

I had a dream last night that Sydney was the largest city in the world by land area because every city in NSW as considered a suburb of Sydney. I think it's funny.

I had a dream that I didn't have a dream. Wait, was it that I dreamed that I had a dream that I didn't have a dream? Or maybe I just didn't have a dream at all. :crazyeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom