Random Raves XXVI: I Get High With a Little Help from My Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason why not. But it's 85% him, 15% me.

That is reasonable, since you are the boss. I think my dad works on a similar basis with his boss, but he takes so much more than that from his pay. I am just wondering if there are laws for contractors what the pay is like.

Rave: Thank God for air-conditioning. It was 28C for our low with high humidity and then it is going to be 40 with humidity. It is going to suck today.

I got my bike out of storage and fixed it up now that we're down to one car. I forgot how much fun riding around town can be. :D :D

I haven't ridden a bike in ages! I'm now going to put that an a to-do list of sorts. Actually, I'm not so sure I still have a bike...

A rave of my own: I've spent the extended weekend indulging in my creative side- very satisfying even if it was in a pretty amateur jack-of-all-trades kind of way.

I haven't ridden a bike in ages! I'm now going to put that an a to-do list of sorts. Actually, I'm not so sure I still have a bike...
Well if you don't have one, Wal Mart sells some cheap, OK bikes. They won't stand up to heavy riding and you'll have to replace a lot of parts quickly like pedals (in my experience) but for a pleasure cruise, they aren't bad. I'd definately advise against dropping >$200 on a bike you won't ride more than occassionally. And if you get a cheap one and don't ride it for a few years and it rusts up, get a new one because it costs around $200 for a tune up.

A rave of my own: I've spent the extended weekend indulging in my creative side- very satisfying even if it was in a pretty amateur jack-of-all-trades kind of way.
Very cool! Did you do any doodling? I like to doodle sometimes, I have even thought about selling them, they're pretty crazy.

rave: Past Sins was much more enjoyable than I imagined.

Well if you don't have one, Wal Mart sells some cheap, OK bikes. They won't stand up to heavy riding and you'll have to replace a lot of parts quickly like pedals (in my experience) but for a pleasure cruise, they aren't bad. I'd definately advise against dropping >$200* on a bike you won't ride more than occassionally.

Yeah, I had to replace the inner tubes on my bike's tires after a few weeks of riding, and the brakes have acted a bit funky at times. Target bike :(

*fixed

Thanks for catching that Cardgame, that's what I meant. Done anything awesome in KSP? I keep getting foiled in my attempts to play.

Rave: The fight with my wife is officially history now. :D

Very cool! Did you do any doodling? I like to doodle sometimes, I have even thought about selling them, they're pretty crazy.

I found some pastel pencils I bought an age ago on a whim and spent many happy hours drawing and shading vaguely humanoid shapes (the proportions still leave a little to be desired, but not much)

the trouble is I have no idea what to draw, I've never really been able to doodle- I have to have an idea in my head and then try and draw it.

I do like the idea of crazy doodling, though

All I do is crazy doodle. Random lines, shapes and lots of weird stuff. I don't think about it or try and make it look good. I also have lots of mushroom clouds in my doodles for some reason.

I found some pastel pencils I bought an age ago on a whim and spent many happy hours drawing and shading vaguely humanoid shapes (the proportions still leave a little to be desired, but not much)

the trouble is I have no idea what to draw, I've never really been able to doodle- I have to have an idea in my head and then try and draw it.

I do like the idea of crazy doodling, though

Rave: The fight with my wife is officially history now. :D

Awesome news! I was tempted for a time to offer up some advice on your situation at the time; fortunately I remembered in time that I wouldn't have a clue what was talking about (not that that usually stops me)

hehehe I give random (and terrible) advice all the time. Just today I told a guy to get plastered and play video games instead of studying for his finals.

Rave: He didn't listen to me!

I was emailing a friend and I wanted to type "past" and accidentally typed "pasta" and then there were many jokes about that and it was actually quite funny.

Edit: Oh yes and I forgot to mention this was my friend who almost suicided. She's okay now.

Someone gave me Reddit Gold for being a grammar nazi.

All my dreams...

Also my friend got me to play a game called Slender and this happened:

Me: What's wrong with that guy's face? He doesn't have any nose or eyes or a mouth or anything. And then everything went all funny and the game stopped.
My friend: NO NO NO YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FILLED WITH HORROR HOW WHY HOW
Me: ???

That is reasonable, since you are the boss. I think my dad works on a similar basis with his boss, but he takes so much more than that from his pay. I am just wondering if there are laws for contractors what the pay is like.

Rave: Thank God for air-conditioning. It was 28C for our low with high humidity and then it is going to be 40 with humidity. It is going to suck today.

I didn`t mean 85/15 split money wise. What I meant was 85% of the work that went into him earning his $10,000 was his own efforts, I only deserve a small part of the credit. So when you jokingly mentioned you wanted to come and work for me I was just pointing out that I will only be responsible for a small part of your success.

What's that you say? My boss is responsible for my success? Sign me up!

Also my friend got me to play a game called Slender and this happened:

Me: What's wrong with that guy's face? He doesn't have any nose or eyes or a mouth or anything. And then everything went all funny and the game stopped.
My friend: NO NO NO YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FILLED WITH HORROR HOW WHY HOW
Me: ???

i tried playing it with a friend, but we didn't get scared at all, we were just bored.

justine is a much better horror game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom