Realpolitik II - Dark Storm Rising

This is... Interesting.

And I agree, swapping is confusing :)

Nice. I'll support you all the way! Go MOR! Liberty! Freedom! Rationalism! Order! NO EXTREMISTS!

...I have some catching up to do...:eek:

@SK- I am only mildly surprised, I didn't expect you to leave the party altogether.

PEOPLE OF AMERICA: Even the Vice-President agrees the government has refused to act! Surely this is a sign that something is wrong with the cabinet, that we need change!

(9)Yeas: - Nuke, Sonereal, Dem Taqat, Mosher, Arya, SouthernKing, LordNwahs6, Tambien, Red Spy
(7)Nays: - Sparthage, Aysee, Hoplitejoe, Draknith, NinjaCow, Prospo, Chimera1804

Should this come around to another Election, Foundation Shall Promise action. I already have a plan in mind, although it may be changed slightly.

Edit: who's in foundation now? I can't keep track of all the changes. :crazyeye:

DT
Planning :hmm:

Having caught up, I must say that the happenings of this thread is shocking at best.

A vote of no confidence because my party isn't moving fast enough? I deeply and humbly apologize for my party's desire to ensure a glorious future for our nation. I am most sorry that Rome was not built in a day and thus requires some planning. We realize the importance of our administration in laying the foundations upon which our nation will be built. We thus are loath to rush such a decision. This vote of no confidence is much like the accusations we received of being a militaristic party during the elections; simply because we realize that to stand tall among other nations in the world and to outlast any other nation would require being able to stand firm against any challenger, especially in the field of battle, is not a reason to shove us aside. We are willing to realize the grim truth of it, unlike the opposition who promised to bring about everlasting peace. Likewise, simply because we realize the gravity of our decisions and therefore make sure that they are not going to bring regret and shame upon our nation, and that they are not going to cause us to fall behind the rest of the world, because we are cognisant of the responsibility that has been placed on our shoulders, is this really a reason to call a vote of no confidence? You lack faith in our leadership because we work to ensure the security of our plans? You don't trust our abilities because we refuse to rush into anything?

Also, I ask you to look at what the caller of the vote said.

If it were up to me, I'd call for a vote of no confidence at 6 PM eastern standard time tomorrow, but it ain't up to me.

He then edited his post just over half an hour later, after one post had been made.

It isn't up to me, but I feel I have no choice.

If this body is incapable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I call for a vote of no confidence in the current administration.

What did he see since his original posting that prompted him to go against his word and make a decision that wasn't his to make? There was nothing said, aside from cabinet-member NinjaCow posting in support of SourthernKing's proposal for the Assassin's Guild. The next thing said was Lighthearter confirming that the vote had been called.

Nukeknockout's original plan was at least logical; if the leading party was unable to supply a plan in the next 40 hours a vote would be called. Had we not been able to provide the plan in that amount of time even Iwould have called for a vote. But the fact is that we did supply the plan, twice even, thus rendering the reasons behind this vote invalid. It is precicely this sort of thing, this rushing into decisions that will tear down, rather than build up, our nation, that we were trying to avoid in our decision-making process.

I thus vote Nay and strongly encourage the future voters to do the same, and even for those who have voted yea to reconsider. Vote against insanity!

Would it be possible to see the submitted plans? This may have the effect of gaining favor for the government at this time, and more votes of NAY for the Vote of No Confidence. We still have a few hours left...

Chimera1804, you appear to have missed out a few things. First was the Imposition of a time limit because the Plan was Taking to long in the words of the Man himself. Second is the fact that we were holding off on the VoNC, which would have been Called tommorow had the Time Limit not been Imposed. As far as I can see, the plans were submitted after the vote was called, or at the very least, the announcement of their submission came after the vote was called. It should also be noted that, despite having very few things to decide on, even fewer of which were in debate, it took you 10 days to submit a plan. There is a big difference between Making Careful decisions and not making decisions at all.

A more Important note is the lack of action when a crisis appeared. Our citizens were fighting in the streets and the government did Nothing. YOU DIDN'T EVEN COMPLAIN!!!
My official stance on this will be neutral.
Said Sparthage when Arya and Sonereal were Physically ATTACKING each other. There was NO attempt to Uphold Law and order, what little response there was treated it as simply more Guild Debate, rather than Open conflict within the nation itself.

We are voting for a government that will not let this happen!

DT
Waiting :coffee:

+1 to DT. The VoNC is about acquiring a government that will act when the citizens try to kill each other, and won't take 240 hours to make a plan for 15 turns when their ONLY responsibility of that turnset is to make the nation's base stronger for the admins to follow.

I called the vote as the leader of the People's Philosophers. As the leader of a party, such is my right. It wasn't up to me as unofficial number two to DT, but he's not too mad, apparently.

What convinced me to call the vote was the time limit established by The Man, which only appeared after I had started to write my post and before I had finished. I might be wrong, but it seems to me that the thread should act before The Man has to.

Vote for the end to government apathy! This is the primary purpose of the VoNC, Armed Revolution, or heck, the opposition at all!

PEOPLE OF AMERICA: Even the Vice-President agrees the government has refused to act! Surely this is a sign that something is wrong with the cabinet, that we need change!
If anything, it is a sign that he (SK, the VP) failed to act. I was having RL issues and thus it falls on him to act in my absense, which was stated in the thread. He failed to do so.

I actually agree with Sparthage that SouthernKing was supposed to act, and failed to do so, but SouthernKing is not the only one who failed.

SouthernKing is the VP, and should have taken over in Sparthage's absence. He didn't.

Sparthage is the president, but refused to act as a president should when he was present, failing to establish the admin's position in minor matters such as murder.

And now the admin faces being thrown out for the failure of it's top people to do their jobs, for their apathy.

When the President was here, He didn't act.

When the President wasn't here, the Vice-President didn't act.

The Domestic Minister hasn't been here, or acted.

The Chief of Navy was Actively breaking the law.

These are the reasons we want to throw out the government.

DT
Opposing Stuff :trouble:

I wasn't breaking a law when there was no law to be broken.

Not to mention I haven't done anything since the elections. :rolleyes:

The Vice President of the first or second administration in CivRP history to get VoNC is condeming me.....lol.

Top Bottom