Realpolitik II - Dark Storm Rising

I agree with Ravus, calling an election because things are not going fast enough seems a little backwards, hence my Yay.

I agree with Ravus, calling an election because things are not going fast enough seems a little backwards, hence my Yay.

Don't get me wrong. The Guild is basically the political mercenary of democracy so even though it's backwards we'd go along with it, for the right price.

I vote yea. And keep my stance on nationalization of the guild.

This really does sicken me. You guys are knowingly attempting to ruin the fun for some players by outlawing an organization IN THE GAME. RP is a game, did you realize that? You are essentially doing the same thing MN and Ilduce did in the first RP, except now you are the ones in power trying to ruin the fun for a certain group rather than the other way around. Just get on with the frickin' turnset and leave the guild be. They are not ruining the fun for anyone else. In my opinion, the Guild adds much needed spice to the game. But it is YOU that is attempting to ruin the fun for many people who either support the guild, or who are members.

Assassinations are a game mechanic. You dont like it, go take it up with the person who created the feature, I dare you. The GM introduced it, so either accept it or leave. because I dont know about anyone else, but this continual bickering over the guild is really starting to get on my nerves and ruin the fun for RP for me.

Uh, LH, I only count 7 votes for Yea. Could you list who has voted, or is that last one a private vote?

@Arya, I don't agree that this is as bad as what Ilduce and MN did. Rather than trying to screw up the game, the guild-attackers think the guild is screwing up the game. They are simply misguided.

DT
Politicin' :shifty:

@Arya

Armed Revolutions are in the game. Should everyone go about starting one of those?

The Vice President has made a decision that shall shock the nation.

I vote Yea, leave the NIP, and join the Assassin's Guild.

Good god i am shocked
(its red to emphasizes the shock)
EDIT: green can be shocking too?

I am not shocked at all.

Hoplite joe remove the red NOW before the GM sees it. LH gets upset when other people use the color red, as that is the color reserved for the man, and the man only.

Sonereal: No, but neither do I believe that anyone should be imprisoned because they started one, unless its more of an Ilduce attempt to gain power with no support in order to ruin the game, in which case LH should simply throw them from the thread. I was not implying that just because it is an option in the game that it should be used all the time, merely that the government should NOT jail the users of said options. If you jail people who use assassinations, next thing you know they will be jailing people who start to call for votes of no confidence on the grounds that it incites Chaos, or when people sabotage, or even when people simply criticize the government because it would "incite violence among other crimes".

No, but neither do I believe that anyone should be imprisoned because they started one

What the hell? That doesn't make any sense.

"I don't want people to start civil wars but there won't be any punishment for them if they do."

That's pretty much what you're saying.

I vote Yes on the No Confidence vote. Maybe DT can fix all this mess.

What the hell? That doesn't make any sense.

"I don't want people to start civil wars but there won't be any punishment for them if they do."

That's pretty much what you're saying.

I vote Yes on the No Confidence vote. Maybe DT can fix all this mess.

Sonereal: LH only counts it if you vote either "Yea" or "Nay" with that exact spelling.

And yes, haven't you noticed this is the admin's(and apparently Arya's) stance on people trying to kill each other?

@Arya: It has nothing to do with trying to ruin fun, that never actually occurred to any one of us, I think. We aren't monsters. But it is in character for us to see murder as illegal and wrong, and want all murder to be illegal with punishment.

So far, IC, everybody who supports the assassins supports murder while OOC, they're powergaming to the max. In any case....yea?

I vote nay.

I am running for Governor of New York. The federal government may be failing, but state government is still king!

Um...I am also running for the governor position of New York...man this race is gonna be crowded! Already 3 people ready to run, plus any NPC's!

I would like to motion for the promise of election of Foundation to be: We'll actually DO things!

-N

So just to be sure, if this get's overthrown, Which it looks like it might with all the Imperials jumping like rats from a sinking ship, Will the turnset advance or will we be in the EXACT situation as before?

@Ravus I might advance us a few turns just for spite. :p

I don't typically like my thread descending into anarchy in the first term and electoral period.

@DT -

(9)Yeas: - Nuke, Sonereal, Dem Taqat, Mosher, Arya, SouthernKing, LordNwahs6, Tambien, Red Spy
(4)Nays: - Sparthage, Aysee, Hoplitejoe, Draknith

NAY!

We can still do stuff!

OCC: ARG! The swapping of sigs/avatars/otherthings is confusing! :aargh:

Top Bottom