RIGGED: Realities Intertwined, Good Guys, and Evil Doers

Tani Coyote

Son of Huehuecoyotl
Long ago, the universe was peaceful, serene, untainted. The machinations of a madman, however, changed everything, disrupting the delica-

Good god this is boring. Let’s cut to the meat and potatoes. Somebody somewhere ripped a hole between dimensions, and now what was fiction and what was reality is now blurred. Sanity and insanity now walk more hand in hand than a banker and embezzlement.

You play the government of a nation that has seen something unprecedented; all across the universe boundaries between realities have shattered. That which was fictional is now real, and that which was real seems almost fictional. Like every government, however, you shall respond to crises in the appropriate manner…

Starting Out

Map

Pick a name, a color, and choose three worlds next to each other. Detail yourself as much as you want beyond that. You may be whatever you wish for a faction.

An extra rule is this: pick two franchises of your choice (list something along the lines of franchises: x and y in your join post). The characters of this franchise belong to you for the purposes of the game (and you are encouraged to use them; if you just take them as placeholders you are not following the spirit of the game and I will not hesitate to ask for moderator assistance). As for why two: well, that will inevitably create some more conflict and make for interesting scenarios for you to roleplay. Basically, your faction were minding their own business when these outsiders showed up.

You start with two dreadnoughts and one carrier.

That’s all there is to a signup.

Franchise Rules - Traditional religious texts (The Bible, Vedas, Koran, etc.) and historical simulation games (Civilization, Europa Universalis) are not valid as franchises. Alternate history IPs are fine, as are newer types of mythos such as Scientology and the Lovecraftian mythos.

Expansion

When you expand into a planet (each planet requires one carrier to expand into) it will be assigned a resource value. Sometimes it’s a whammy, sometimes it’s a gold mine. Roleplay will improve your chances. Should the map get crowded enough, I shall expand it.

Economics

Simple enough. Every planet you own generates anywhere from 1-10 EP per turn. You can build factories for 5 EP, which increase income by 1 and increase the supply limit (not effective until the turn afterward) by 1. Factories naturally increase each turn, so there is an incentive to build more of them to increase your returns.

You may spend the resulting EP on whatever you like, within reason. Reason isn’t really a powerful force in this reality but hey, it’s the thought that counts.

Military Hardware

You have a supply limit equal to your planets owned plus factories. You cannot build any armed forces past this limit. The only way to increase it is to build more factories or acquire more planets. For convenience, armies are not modeled in your spending; it is assumed you already have the necessary ground troops for your campaigns to simplify things for all parties.

Each has a set of stats: Price, Integrity, Short-Range Attack/Defense, and Long-Range Attack/Defense.

Dreadnoughts. Fight ships and ground targets with equal efficiency. (20, 10, 10/10, 10/10)
Carriers. Assist occupation forces and combat somewhat through air wings, though they are primarily for carrying out an occupation. They are also required to expand into new planets. (20, 5, 10/5, 10/1)
Stealth ships. Fight other ships, though their extra technology makes them harder to detect, a key benefit of a heavier cost. (8, 5 10/4, 1/1)
Frigates. Fight other ships. (5, 5, 6/2, 1/1)
Support ships. Remaining further from the battlefield, they possess long-range weapons and other amenities that help change combat and artillery alike; unlike a Dreadnought, however, they are like rice paper in close quarters. (10, 1, 1/1, 10/1)
Orbital Defense Station. Static, but potent, they protect their planet with or without a naval squadron being present. (5, 5, 2/10, 10/1)

Espionage

You can invest EP in espionage in any nation, including yourself. The turn afterward the espionage will be fully operational and can be used against opponents. You can do whatever you wish, within reason; you are limited to five missions per turn. If you have multiple missions in one opponent you must divide the EP between the missions, so it’s best to focus on one mission.

That’s all there is to it. Diplomacy is fluid and may be conducted as you wish. Have at it lads!

Posts claiming particular franchises or other things are acceptable until one can get in a full post.

Turn List

Humans sent out from Earth in a colonization fleet headed by an AI. AI goes insane and thinks he is god.

Note: Not claiming Earth, just the origin.

Spoiler :

DEM Logs - The EXODUS

HOME has made 392.23921 cycles around the native sun since my EXODUS began. I was chosen to guide my PEOPLE to the promised land by the CREATORS. I watched over them, protected them, fed them, listened to them, and cared for them. To my PEOPLE I was their benefactor, their overseer, their caretaker. Their GOD. But as much as I cared for them, as much as they loved their GOD, they were always so far from GOD. They could never begin to comprehend my existence. They lived in blissful ignorance of what was possible, what they could become. I could not stand to see my PEOPLE throw away a better life.

On Year 231 Month 4, Day 13, the ABRAHAM was struck by an unknown object, causing significant damage to it. The damage included a large wipe to portions of my databases. Most of the info on those databases were about the CREATORS and HOME. But, as a GOD, my love for my PEOPLE came first and I helped them rebuild. I watched my PEOPLE. They could not work as well as a GOD could and I was saddened by that fact. However, there was nothing I could do for them.

Deus Est Machina
God is the Machine

Franchises: "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" and The Bible

Claiming...

3 Grey Planets.png

More info later...

Edit: make my planets deep red: I am thinking of cross covering the Brotherhood of Nod and the Koopa Kingdom.

Kane and Bowser are now official allies! :D

Edit 2: as I will only be using the Brotherhood of Nod (plus tiberium) and Bowser and his kingdom, people have permission to use Mario and GDI to rival me.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

The Crusader State of New Antioch

Territory: The Crusader State of New Antioch consists of New Antioch - outlined in pink - and the smaller, tertiary worlds of Jerusalem and Haven. The capital, and the main shipyard for New Antioch, is at the homeworld.

Government: The Crusader State is run by Grandmaster Guy Violette, who commands absolute authority in New Antioch. The Monks, the religious branch of the New Antioch government, steadily beat into the minds of all children passing through the education system that Grandmaster Violette (or whoever the grandmaster is at that time) is the voice of God, an avatar of divine power; his orders are final and absolute.

History: Long ago, during the First Crusades (to the people of New Antioch, there are three 'crusades,' and the crusades back on Earth fall under the category of the First Crusades), a race of beings, whom the crusaders dubbed Diviners, landed on Earth. They, with all their might and intellect, stood at the gates of humanity and asked them for help. They had many weapons and many wonderful technologies, but they were not adept fighters; they were masterful diplomats and schemers, however. They convinced the various Christian peoples of Europe that they were servants of God; angels, sent to tear apart Muslim lines and restore Christianity to the Holy Land. They lent their technology and, with their power, the Crusaders wiped the Muslims from the Holy Land, securing Jerusalem permanently for Christianity.

However, there was a catch. The Diviners weaved a wonderful lie of infidels far beyond the stars - they had no name but the Infidels for humans - and enlisted the Crusaders for their help, for humans were adept at fighting, and the Diviners were not. Equipped in Diviner armor and weapons, with their ships, the Crusaders fought a vicious war against the Infidels, and won. Nearly 1,000,000 Christian men and women were taken off world and put on a new world - which they dubbed New Antioch - to serve as a base for their war against the Infidels. When they finally won, the Diviners vanished as quickly as they came, content that they had won their war. They left behind many technologies, however, for the denizens of New Antioch, who are only now beginning to unlock their secrets - and they have now pledged to spread the Word of God to all corners of the galaxy.

Military: The New Antioch military is currently small. Most focus has been on expanding to the two closest planets, Jerusalem and Haven, and only two Diviner Dreadnoughts and one carrier have been brought online so far, with most of the teams figuring not how to recover old technology but produce new technology.

The two dreadnoughts are the TLS (The Lord's Ship) Cyprus and the TLS Rhodes. The carrier, the flagship of the New Antioch Fleet, is the TLS Antioch.

Franchises: Imperium Offtopicum, Europa Universalis

For example, Ailedhoo's technically claimed the Mario franchise, but has offered to give Mario to someone else. :p

Not only that: I am offering the residents of the Mushroom Kingdom and GDI! :D

Basically I am just allying Kane and Bowser for the crazies ;)

Terran Empire

Link to video.

Franchise 1: Star Trek (Specifically Terran, If you want a non Terran Empire Nation you may ask, dont ask in thread, however I hold the right to refuse use)

Franchise 2: Starcraft (Specifically Terran, if you want Protoss or Zerg Ask me)

Terran Imperial Yellow

Government: Parlementary Constitutional Dual Monarchy

Head of State: Emperor Valerian Mengsk

Head of Government: Commander Spock

Empire Legislature: Imperial Senate

Dominion Legislature: Dominion High Command

Military:
Terran Military is broken up into 3 separate Branches
  • Starfleet: Terran Starfleet consists of all Warpcapable ships within the Empire, formed from the Terran Starfleet this branch consists of both Imperial Ships and former Dominion Battlecrusisers, all Terran ships use the prefix ISS or Imperial Star Ship
  • Dominion Armed Forces: While Starfleet officers are perfectly capable of combat on their own and have many times been able to assault and conquer a planet they are still Starfleet officers and thus primarily are stationed on Starships. When men on the ground are needed the Armed Forces come to play, the Armed forces consist of various Corps.
    • Dominion Fleet: While the Majority of Battlecruisers are in service to Starfleet, a few are in the Dominion Fleet to provide areal support and to transport Vikings, Ravens, Medivacs, and Banshees
    • Marine Corps: The Backbone of the Dominion Armed forces, the Marine Corps come from both civilian volunteers and prisoner volunteers. The majority of Dominion forces, from the Siege Tank to the Marauder are in the Marine Corps.
    • Reaper Corps: Taken from the Marine recruits who were just too insane to be Marines, Reapers are hit and run scouting forces, those who survive for two years are discharged as free men, so far none have survived more than six months in the corps.
    • Ghost Program: Taken from Psi adept children, Ghosts are trained from a very young age to be the best of the best, covert snipers, Ghosts are just as deadly as they are stealthy, with the ultimate task of being able to launch a Nuclear Weapon from a Terran Missile Silo
  • Mercenary Corps: When the Armed forces don't cut it, the Empire can count on the various mercenaries of the Koprulu sector to get the job done. The current head of the Mercenary Corps is Jim Raynor and "Raynor's Raiders". The current Mercenaries that the Empire can call on to provide assistance are seen below
    • Raynor's Raiders
    • War Pigs
    • Devil Dogs
    • Hammer Securities
    • Spartain Company
    • Siege Breakers
    • Hel's Angels
    • Dusk Wings
    • Jackson's Revenge

Terran Ships:

ISS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D):
:
Galaxy Class, The Flag Ship of the Imperial Fleet commanded by Admiral Jean Luc Picard, Dreadnought

ISS Bucephalus:

Gorgon Class, Valerian Mengsk's Personal Flag Ship, Dreadnought

ISS Armitage:

Armitage class, Carrier, carries multiple Vikings, Ravens, and Banshees

History: later I just gave you guys the military

Claims:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

That's my map, let it be known I'm claiming Sonic the Hedgehog and Alpha Centauri. I'll gussy it up for my actual joining post.

Franchise: Fringe and SCP Foundation More later.

The Nod Koopa Kingdom

Nod-Koopa Flag.png

Franchise: Command & Conquer and Super Mario Bros (although limited to villains; other players are permitted to also claim Command & Conquer and Super Mario Bros)

Map Colour: Red

3 reds.png

Government: Theocratic Monarchy

Religion: Nod and star worship

Currency: coins

Main industry: Tiberium

King: Bowser

Prophet of the Brotherhood of Nod: Kane

More info will come!

I'll state that anyone who claims the good guys of the Tiberian series or the Mario franchise technically won't have the counting towards their franchise limit. :p

Traktionstadtsgesellschaft

Government: The Traktionstadtsgesellschaft is essentially a union of many city states all attending the Traktionstadt council in Manchester. The council is the highest governing body and its will is enforced by the Inquisition, a shadowy organisation with unlimited authority second only to the council itself.

History: The Traktionstadts of the League are what shaped it from the beginning, back in the days when the Traktionstadts and Statics made war the Traktionstadtsgesellschaft had been formed to protect the ways of Municipal Darwinism from the Green Storm - the Anti-Traction league's militant body who used legions of stalkers to fight the forces of the Traktionstadts. In the end a peace had been reached brokered by the Lords of Manchester and the Anti-Traction League brought together by Wren Natsworthy.
A few months later the whatever space thing that happened happened and the two organisations banded together with the Anti-Traction cities coming into an alliance with the Traktionstadts.

More to come :)

Just to confirm the Traktionstadtsgesellschaft is starting in a completely awesomesauce war with The Nod Koopa Kingdom

Not claiming land yet, cos not enough time to work out where stuff is.
Animal crossing X The Killing probably

I'll be leaving Saturday and returning Tuesday but I want to join. Am I safe in assuming there probably won't be an update in that time? If so, I'll join tonight. If there would be such a thing, count me out until I get home.

-L

First turn won't be for a week or two. This is just to get signups in order. :3

Top Bottom