Server migration completed

How are you able to locate any forums with the search option disabled? :confused:

Via the forum overview, directly via forums.civfanatics.com.

I used to use the "Today's Posts" item under "Quick Links" all the time, but it appears to be gone :sad:

That's essentially also a "search", which has been disabled.

A lot faster here. Not tremendously fast, but workable.

Haven't had any issues.

Now, I do pray you have taken the time since you would be moving servers to update the forum software.

After a slow start, IMO it's now faster than it was when we were on Atomic Gamer. Thanks for all the hard work guys!! :worship:

Many thanks for the time and energy you've invested into this migration, a tedious process that is.

Forums load like a charm for me, at this hour.
(Wasn't the case 12h ago.)

Unfortunately the site is back to wading through syrup now :( Almost 60 seconds for this thread to show up, and similar slowness across the forum.

Unfortunately the site is back to wading through syrup now :( Almost 60 seconds for this thread to show up, and similar slowness across the forum.
Just need to be patient . DNS does take time to propagate. Different requests can have different routes which in turn could make difference in speed. It's beyond our control.

If I'm seeing this right, there appears to be no search feature anymore. Is that a bug or a feature?

It's temporarily disabled. If performance remains good today I will re-enable it.

~11am EST and pages are fully loaded in anywhere from 15-30 seconds when pre-migration it was 3-5 seconds (using a typical 10mb/sec connection). just fyi regarding site speeds.

If you don't want to automatically subscribe, you can change that in your user preferences in your profile.

The social group new/unread posts bold font works, and I also got an automatic email notification of the reply - which did not say one word about phishing. :goodjob:

thanks for the hint! i did not have this option activated before, so i had no clue how to sSwitch it off when the server move obviously did activate it. after some searching i found the option and ticked it off.
t_x

How are you able to locate any forums with the search option disabled? :confused:

after reading it 3 times i am pretty sure i do not know what you mean. ;)
EDIT: after reading TheJ´s reply i did understand - and that it was already answered in the meanwhile.
t_x

much much faster, but still some unreliability. i cannot submit files for civ3 however and emails get returned.
t_x

both problems solved!

The speed is again drop down to nearly a stand still ...

The downloads are still not working ist there any update when they will work `?

Yes, the AtomicGamer server is down (that's why the forums were moved), all the files uploaded there are down too.

It looks like some of the downloads are directly hardcoded to Atomic Gamer.
I tried a few, and noticed it kept coming up http://www.atomicgamer.com as the start of the URL. I suspect someplace in the database has a reference to the site.

I did a check. There are 237 files that link to AtomicGamer.

I will try to fix some of them, especially the top downloaded ones by downloading the files from some other places if available.

Top Bottom