[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Sign up Thread

I feel I am ready to go back to civing. Unallocated please or maybe someone needs me in ones team :D

I'll play. I have no idea how much time I will have at the moment, probably very little. I will play with anyone who would have me.

Getting close to enough people for 4 teams which would be great, can you please all try contacting former team mates and see if they want to play? I'm thinking we won't have a lurkers thread this time and instead encourage people to lurk with one specific team!

As for the last 3-4 SGOTM, I start out in a blaze of posts, then get caught up in a busy period at work for 2-3 weeks and can never quite manage to catch up. I am happy to try again.... who knows, I might make the distance.

Phoenix Rising cause My said she'd put me on Ignore ;)

Looks like this game is not far off now. I see a progress page has now been set up. Any further update? Buffy 5 seems to be up and running too. One of our player will be away for best part of 2 months around August.

I thought it died.. but here in Europe I am used to things stalling in July-August, so hope things will move along after that. Maybe a recruiting time, too, given the deteriorating turnout....

If we want a 4th team someone should come forward to lead this team and actively find new players. I am sure there are HOF and S and T players who might join a team if asked. The hot weather in the UK might be keeping people away from the game for now. It was nearly 29-30 degrees here today. That and the world European cup. Hopefully we can keep 4 teams.

I'll ask around. It'll only be my 2nd SGOTM, but I'd be willing to lead a team if we need to form a new one.

Last edited:
@Noble Zarkon do you have any particular start/end dates in mind? 4-5 month duration had been mentioned over in the pregame thread, either seems appropriate to me but maybe a slight leaning towards 4. You know the map though, and might be able to make a better call based on that.

Mostly asking since I was going to make an advertising / call for players post over in S&T and HOF discussion, but feel that folks would be more responsive if they had at least a tentative timeline to plan around.

Also: Phoenixes have 7 right now, and though we'd certainly like to keep that team together as is, I'm willing to swap over if it means the difference between having the game and not. We'll just have to see if more folks want to play.

It is 33C in Sweden and so I am in no hurry to do anything other than jump in Mälaren. More plAYERS AND TEAMS IS GOOD. Please fix that!

@Noble Zarkon do you have any particular start/end dates in mind? 4-5 month duration had been mentioned over in the pregame thread, either seems appropriate to me but maybe a slight leaning towards 4. You know the map though, and might be able to make a better call based on that.

Mostly asking since I was going to make an advertising / call for players post over in S&T and HOF discussion, but feel that folks would be more responsive if they had at least a tentative timeline to plan around.

Also: Phoenixes have 7 right now, and though we'd certainly like to keep that team together as is, I'm willing to swap over if it means the difference between having the game and not. We'll just have to see if more folks want to play.

We don't really have 7 players. I think we have 1 player who will be awol for 2+ months due to work. Another who is awol and may not even take part in this game. Really can't afford to lose too many players. Hopefully Sittindown will find more players. I think a thread in S and T section is a good idea.

4-5 month duration had been mentioned over in the pregame thread, either seems appropriate to me but maybe a slight leaning towards 4. You know the map though, and might be able to make a better call based on that.
How about if we aim for a 8th August launch with saves available 15th August, a 4 month game gets us finished before the Christmas holidays?

Hi, welcome.

I've put you into Unusual Suspects. That's the same team as SittinDown. If it's not the right place, we can move you.

Top Bottom