Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 16th of May

Yeah the game is not loading for me at all. It tries to load then somewhere gives up without giving an error.

I'm not having any problems, using the latest DLL and XML from about 2 days ago, so it's something in the XML changes from the last couple of days.

Yeah the game is not loading for me at all. It tries to load then somewhere gives up without giving an error.

Yeah i have the same problems lately, but IF i try to start it twice it works, i cant find the mindump either???:crazyeye:

Seems like some kind of "loading" bug.

I can confirm that if I try and start C2C it falls over with out error. If I then start it again it works. If I change any XML files if fails again.

The problem is in the 5425 thru 5430 versions in Assets.

5424 works fine. 5430 fails just like 5434.

I took the Sources folder from 5430, which had some of Koshlings Big AI fixes, and replaced the 5424 Sources folder with it (5430 Sources). Game loads and plays fine. Been playing it all day off and on.

Maybe the recent Asset changes during this version span (5425 thru 5430) need to be reverted one by one till the problem child is found?

JosEPh

Did the option of Field Commanders get removed? None of my great generals seem to have this option anymore. I can see the promotions are still in the game. How do I turn my great generals into field commanders?

You need the Great Commanders option on.

The Playing Fields have lost their game text. Not something from the translations stuff as they don't touch the Hydro folders yet.

You need the Great Commanders option on.

Maybe I just missed selecting it when making the new game. Oh well.

The Playing Fields have lost their game text. Not something from the translations stuff as they don't touch the Hydro folders yet.

Playing Fields are Vokarya's. They must have gotten messed up when strategyonly merged them into the core.

Thx, i just forgot to do an ADD to the SVN, DUH!:blush: Nice catch right away

So what version past 5424 loads up now?

JosEPh

I took the Sources folder from 5430, which had some of Koshlings Big AI fixes, and replaced the 5424 Sources folder with it (5430 Sources). Game loads and plays fine. Been playing it all day off and on.

This doesn't actually do anything. The Sources folder is not touched when the game loads, it is only used to hold the files used to build the DLL. You should be able to delete the entire folder and it will have no impact on running the game, or put anything you want into it with the same lack of effect.

For me Rev 5432 works fine, 5433 and beyond not so much. Also XML.log shows stopping at or after one of the obsidian xml files.

Last lines of xml.log before Civ crashes

Spoiler :
[2581.941] Load XML file modules\DancingHoskuld\Captives\GP_CIV4UnitInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[2581.941] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4UnitInfos/UnitInfos/UnitInfo)
[2581.956] Loading XML file modules\Units\Obsidian\Obsidian_CIV4UnitInfos.xml
[2581.972] Load XML file modules\Units\Obsidian\Obsidian_CIV4UnitInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[2581.972] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4UnitInfos/UnitInfos/UnitInfo)

Minidump Rev 5441
View attachment 351158

For me Rev 5432 works fine, 5433 and beyond not so much. Also XML.log shows stopping at or after one of the obsidian xml files.

Last lines of xml.log before Civ crashes

Spoiler :
[2581.941] Load XML file modules\DancingHoskuld\Captives\GP_CIV4UnitInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[2581.941] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4UnitInfos/UnitInfos/UnitInfo)
[2581.956] Loading XML file modules\Units\Obsidian\Obsidian_CIV4UnitInfos.xml
[2581.972] Load XML file modules\Units\Obsidian\Obsidian_CIV4UnitInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[2581.972] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4UnitInfos/UnitInfos/UnitInfo)

Minidump Rev 5441
View attachment 351158

According to the minidump its crashing when trying to parse some unit XML, so I'd say a recently added unit has some broken XML somewhere that the code is not well-hardened against. Most likely the obsidian units, given your logs.

This doesn't actually do anything. The Sources folder is not touched when the game loads, it is only used to hold the files used to build the DLL. You should be able to delete the entire folder and it will have no impact on running the game, or put anything you want into it with the same lack of effect.

Okay.

So by adding 5430and replacing the 5424 Source folder do I gain the benefits of the new info after the game loads? :dunno:

Because I cant get 5430 to load at all. Nor can I get 5434 to load. Even after repeated attempts.

So what's the answer? Will 5445 I updated my SVN folder to this morning load and work properly? Or do I stick with my 5424 hybrid?

Edit: here is the MiniDump from my last failed attempt last night. Don't know why I didn't think to load it up the 1st time! :p Then again this may not help either as I was turning Modules off and on from SVN 5430 (DH's My_Mod, My_mod (unloaded) and Vokayra).

JosEPh

Top Bottom