Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 16th of May

When you build the "Great Zimbabwe" wonder there is no pic, nor does it show the effects, all you see is just a blue window with the headline "Great Zimbabwe" and "OK" button below.

When you build the "Great Zimbabwe" wonder there is no pic,

There is a pic, but it is only 61 kb in size so its sooo fast:eek: in showing it, you cant see it.

Also @ Koshling

One thing i have noticed when playing VP is that a SMOKE appears all the 1st turn units that are supposed to be moved?? I wonder if that takes away something from memory or game ( i believe its just effects showing up(pics 1/3), also the camel camp WAS up in the AIR alittle bit see attached 2) then now its back were its supposed to be??

Okay so I've got C2C version 30 and its been working fine all the way up to now and it hasn't worked since.

I downloaded the Nazi Germany civ that Strategyonly made for the C2C mod yesterday and tried playing it twice that day.

The first time i tried to play it before i even got the game loaded i received multiple errors telling me that an XML file could not be loaded properly.

I think i got that error three times before it stopped and wouldn't load the game up anymore from that point on. So I used task manager to close the game and decided to wait about an hour and look to see if any one else had the problem.

On my browse i couldn't find anyone that did, granted i probably didn't look as hard as i should have but what they hay.

I then decided that it was a fluke and tried to play the game again this time however it did load the game all the way but then the screen went black afterwards and it crashed to my desktop. Some help would be appreciated thanks in advance. ^^

I downloaded the Nazi Germany civ that Strategyonly made for the C2C mod yesterday and tried playing it twice that day.

The first time i tried to play it before i even got the game loaded i received multiple errors telling me that an XML file could not be loaded properly.

I think i got that error three times before it stopped and wouldn't load the game up anymore from that point on. So I used task manager to close the game and decided to wait about an hour and look to see if any one else had the problem.

On my browse i couldn't find anyone that did, granted i probably didn't look as hard as i should have but what they hay.

I then decided that it was a fluke and tried to play the game again this time however it did load the game all the way but then the screen went black afterwards and it crashed to my desktop. Some help would be appreciated thanks in advance. ^^

Its probably the German Civ its waay outdated, i guess i need to update it at some point, so best NOT to add any civs at this point sorry, i am sooo soo busy on things i need to do lately, but i am slacking off, just lazy i guess, sorry everyone. Alot of RL stuff going through my mind is all.

I hope this helps. If not screenies would be helpful.

Latest svn - just updated - in previous it was the same thing happened

Windows 7 64bit 4gb ram
At end of turn it quits to desktop without warning

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar BC-1505.rar
    4.1 MB · Views: 41
Its probably the German Civ its waay outdated, i guess i need to update it at some point, so best NOT to add any civs at this point sorry, i am sooo soo busy on things i need to do lately, but i am slacking off, just lazy i guess, sorry everyone. Alot of RL stuff going through my mind is all.

I hope this helps. If not screenies would be helpful.

it does a lot thanks ^^

Latest svn - just updated - in previous it was the same thing happened

Windows 7 64bit 4gb ram
At end of turn it quits to desktop without warning

Please provide the minidump

New MiniDump attached, latest SVN as of this time, the save was on version 5710, according to the log.

Ah - the problem is that Thunderbrd did not upload the PDB when he last changed the DLL. As a result the ONLY person that can interpret minidumps from the current SVN is Thunderbrd...so it's over to him on all reported crashes since the last DLL update...

v5202
The Early Imperial Guardian and the othere Units along this line break the game with the option unlimited National Units as they are 2x as strong as similiar Units around the same time and even outclass the Hero units of this time.

There is also a Charismatic trait that have some extrem unit building bonus
(Developing Leaders + Focused Traits+ Start without Positve Traits)

Edit: The Rapa Nui Worker couln't build the Mushroom Gatherer (or what other improvment make Mushrooms aviable) even after Fungicultre was researched.

When you build the "Great Zimbabwe" wonder there is no pic, nor does it show the effects, all you see is just a blue window with the headline "Great Zimbabwe" and "OK" button below.

There is a pic, but it is only 61 kb in size so its sooo fast:eek: in showing it, you cant see it.

Size is not the reason. It shows a frozen last frame if it is a movie or still. Normally. I think the problem is one we have on and of with movies. they all need to be defined in the one file and it needs to be the last thing loaded or the engine looses them. I'll look at it tomorrow and see if I can get a full fix for all the movies.

I've found the bug that causes this (fix will be on the SVN later today), bu it raises a design point that DH might want to think about:

@DH - the situation is this:

1) 'Alter for Human Sacrifice' is Replaced by 'Sacrifical Alter'
2) 'Sacrifical Alter' goes obsolete with tech 'Humanism'. However 'Alter for Human Sacrifice' has no obsoletion tech

The net effect is that in cities with a sacrificial alter (SO's capital had one), you cannot build an alter for human sacrifice (so far so good) UNTIL you research Humanism! At that point the sacrificial alter goes obsolete, and you can build the alter for human sacrifice again (the bug is that when you build it, it does not show up in this situation, but I'll fix that).

So basically Humanism is ENABLING the alters for human sacrifice! Perhaps Humanism should also obsolete the entire worldview on which this alter rests??

I go through them again. I am only just beginning to up the effects of Human Sacrifice it give golden ages.

The Llama Worker cannot build a Tar Gatherer while the Dog Worker can (I haven´t checked the other workers). Bug or feature?

The new workers aren't in core and aren't mine. ls? As I reported earlier the mammoth worker can't either

@Dh (whenever you get back)

The Basalt Organ (Natural Wonders) do not even list itself anymore??

This is part of what I said - as far as I can see BUG is loading the Natural Wonder python it is just not firing.

This is part of what I said - as far as I can see BUG is loading the Natural Wonder python it is just not firing.

Is it an event that is not firing or some other sort of callback? (I assume you mean that the DLL is not invoking the Python at some critical point, right?)

Is it an event that is not firing or some other sort of callback? (I assume you mean that the DLL is not invoking the Python at some critical point, right?)

It is the onPlotRevealed event that is not being fired - I put a trace in my version right at the start of the python before the if that identifies the feature on the plot. The logs and debug files say that BUG is loading the natural Wonders python and both of the events but no traces are appearing. Hence my saying that they are not firing. This is strange since they were at one stage. I am wondering if we have too many python files but then wonder why it seems to be just this one that is not firing as it is not the last to be defined.

It is the onPlotRevealed event that is not being fired - I put a trace in my version right at the start of the python before the if that identifies the feature on the plot. The logs and debug files say that BUG is loading the natural Wonders python and both of the events but no traces are appearing. Hence my saying that they are not firing. This is strange since they were at one stage. I am wondering if we have too many python files but then wonder why it seems to be just this one that is not firing as it is not the last to be defined.

Actually its probably the same effect that Spartacus is NOT firing, BUT Spartacus is a real event, and i believe the Natural Wonders aren't are they, i didnt see and event for them in their files at least??

Do they have to have this in the Config File?? I see some do and some dont??

Code:
<init/>

Top Bottom