1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 16th of May

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, May 15, 2013.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Apparently 50% is the actual minimum as established by the iMinDefense tags on the defensive buildings in the city. If the lowest iNoEntryDefenseLevel on a building constructed in the city is under the total minimum defense than the minimum defense should be considered the getMinimumDefenseLevel() (which is otherwise the lowest iNoEntryDefenseLevel amount).

Therefore I'm a bit confused here... what text states that the city requires 25% or under to attack? Because I wouldn't be sure where that exact reference is being drawn from if the city's minimum is at 50% so I'd need to do some tracking down of how it's incorrectly drawing a 25% reference.

Ok, so this still pointed out another very noteworthy issue in that you can continue to bombard the city once its at its minimum and that's not right. I'm making it so you can't continue to bombard the city once its reached its minimum defense %.

ALSO: researched the bug you're claiming you're still getting with the Hunting Sight promo... it seems to be working fine for me. Remember that it will not be repaired on units that existed in the game before the fix was updated to the game's file set. Such units are doomed to experience the bug one way or another.

2. charlesb96

charlesb96 King

If you like sandbox games, have you tried Mount and Blade and the sequel Warband? It is FPS in medieval times, no story line, eventual goal take over the know land as the One True King (or Queen). You can even get married.

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Is the Zephyr NOT supposed to attack?? It says Air attack and helicopter combat? but it cant actually do anything except "defend"?????

4. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

Note the "Maximum 0% damage to enemy on attack" line. I expect that renders it incapable of attacking at all. If you could still attack it would just mean that it could presumably be killed by the defender if it failed to make its withdraw chance but never do a single point of damage to that defender no matter what, which would be silly.

Instead of setting the "max damage" setting (iCombatLimit) to 0 it should have the "defend only" flag (bOnlyDefensive) set in the XML. Same net effect but the text would say it can only defend instead of saying it can inflict 0% damage when attacking.

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Yeah I think it should. It should be like a cross between having a sailing ship and an attack helicopter.

No I have not. I tend to stay away from FPS (or racing games) since I get motion sickness from them. But thanks for telling me about it anyways.

6. strategyonly

I just noticed that ALL the "dog" units, go to explore (just a little) then ALWAYs come back to a city, for NO apparent reason??

Latest SVN, VP is a must 60X60 , i have recently notice that "enemy workers are attached like they are supposed to be, BUT they go out into my territory also, for no reason?? I dont have a pic or attachment for this.

savedgame and BBAI is attached also.

7. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I can't tell from the information available, because the logging doesn't go down to the level of individual unit decisions (or I would be about 100 times larger!). However, based on my reading of the code I suspect it's retreating to owned territory to heal up after killing an animal of some sort. The heal-up logic looks for a nearby safe place to heal (like a wooded hill), but if it evaluates the danger is mostly from animals it will be particularly attracted to home territory (because animals cannot enter it to attack), so a wounded hunting unit that is within about 2 turns' travel of home territory is very likely to return there to heal.

I could verify this (or determine what else is causing it) given a save from the turn BEFORE the unit moves home.

8. strategyonly

Well if this sounds "reasonable" to you, then leave it alone. Your the coding guy!!;)

9. charlesb96

charlesb96 King

V30 No SVN
    Sometimes when I create a spy, he is given the amphibious promotion. Since spys do not really "attack" amphibious is superfluous. It only happens occasionally.

10. strategyonly

Did someone change the art files, they are now PINK??

11. climat

climat King

This was caused by Thunderbrd's recent changes in CIV4PromotionInfos.xml.
    All art files which was in Modules/Hydro were moved to core FPK, but art tags in the xml point that folder. Pink images are shown because of it.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ok, so I was going to revert those particular references (which was apparently a result of having been working with a promotioninfos.xml file that was older than the migration of those art files to the core and the SVN update I did prior to committing not catching the difference and merging them correctly but instead allowing mine to overwrite the new one entirely. :mad: ) but when I went in and did so I was about to commit again so I did a quick update, as always, and found that the Hydro fpk had been manipulated. So I opened the game to make sure the fix wasn't done 'the hard way' and it seems all references on promos are correct now.

But yeah... frustrating since I didn't mess with those lines myself at all but rather was 'sabotaged' by a buggy SVN flaw. Guess we'll have to watch out for that.

13. strategyonly

When you get stuff like that on SVN, make a NEW ticket and explain what exactly is happening to them, only way to fix the problem they are currently having, like the ssh problem.

14. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

The Llama Worker cannot build a Tar Gatherer while the Dog Worker can (I haven´t checked the other workers). Bug or feature?

15. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Sounds like a bug.

16. strategyonly

Yeah, DH is still dealing with his RL problems right now, so it might be awhile yet, sorry.

17. mr_knowie

mr_knowie Chieftain

I've got a save file that won't load, just CTD, occasionally with an error message that says "incompatible save format". I'm using the latest SVN.

The save is attached, and with it all the logs generated. It's pushing the limits of what is up-loadable on these forums. If there's any other information that could be helpful, I'd be happy to oblige!

18. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I just have access to my iPad right now, so I cannot open the zip, but if you didn't include it the single most important thing is the minidump (minidump.dmp which will be in the same folder as your bts executable)

19. mr_knowie

mr_knowie Chieftain

MiniDump is attached to this post

Consider my face thoroughly palmed.

20. strategyonly

@Dh (whenever you get back)

The Basalt Organ (Natural Wonders) do not even list itself anymore??