Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 29th of March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing the latest SVN (5190), but the problem began back when upgrading from 5160 to 5169. I'm getting a CTD while it's processing the next turn. This save has viewports on, but have tried it with viewports off also. About 10-15 sec into the AI turn it crashes. Very reproducible :( I couldn't find a minidump, but save is attatched.

Attachments

• England.C2C-SVN.7z
    2.8 MB · Views: 36
Am not sure which combination of promotions is causing this, but attacks into a stack do not use up any movement points. Game is set for attack from spearman into the stack to the SW. 0.5 mp left before attack, 0.5 mp left after the attack, so did not use ANY mp for the attack.

Looking into this. There was a tag that's supposed to enable this and it may be that it was not correctly merged into the system to filter properly.

I think the cultural expansion of conquered cities is bugged when playing with fixed borders activated:
each cultural expansion grants you all tiles of that ring instead of just a few (as it should be like in your self-founded cities).

Btw good work on the passive-agressive behaviour of AI (stacks) - they are pretty hard to catch now sometimes!

Please follow procedures listed in post # 1, thx.

I am using no viewport.

It is not a reprodulable error. I can restart and load the last savegame and its running 1-2 turns before next crash. Sometimes it is a MAF but sometimes it CTD. ANd no dmp created. In most cases the the crash appears at the beginn of a new turn after creating the new savegame. Sometimes the crash appears after moving a unit with rclick.

I found out, that i setup up the options a little bit different after copying V29. I activated RevDCM/Battle Options/Battle Effects. After that half of my map was filled with smoke. It seemed that this option could consume much memory and results in frequent MAFs. I dont know if this is a bug or a limitation of Civ4, but maybe you could notice it in the description of the option.

Playing the latest SVN (5190), but the problem began back when upgrading from 5160 to 5169. I'm getting a CTD while it's processing the next turn. This save has viewports on, but have tried it with viewports off also. About 10-15 sec into the AI turn it crashes. Very reproducible :( I couldn't find a minidump, but save is attatched.

I cannot reproduce this - turn playing fine for me I'm afraid (with latest SVN, which is 5190). Minidump should be with the BTS executable which is normally a couple of folders up from the mod.

Milita renaissance should require firearms like every early gunpowder unit has.

SO said:
Is there a reason WHY the Compatibility modifier does not Pop-Up anymore??
Um... what Compatibility modifier are you referring to exactly? I'm not sure if I'm aware of what that is in the first place?

After that last 2 updates the Re-Calc Modifiers pop up is MIA. Just updated to SVN 5190 and will see if it shows up now.

Still have units going invisible for 1 turn then re-appearing next turn.

EDIT: Re-Calc popup is back now.

JosEPh

Still have units going invisible for 1 turn then re-appearing next turn.

v29 - For me, the bug seems to happen randomly when units begin a turn while close (i.e. within visible range) to rogues/bandits/assassins and other criminals. My mammoth rider was at 6.4 health last turn, wasn't attacked on the AI turn, but now is at 0.0 on this turn and instantly loses on any fight. I'd upload a save, but the bug is random and fixes itself the moment you re-load the saved game.

The combat log is when the Mammoth Rider attacks the nearby Bandit Rider. Strangely, it would not display any combat odds; it was as if the mammoth was moving to a regular, unoccupied square. Upon arrival at the square, it gets killed by the bandit (without injuring the bandit).

I remember this bug happening back in v26, but I don't know if it was ever fixed.

Edit: this might be a separate bug from the invisible unit glitch, since I can see the units. But I remember attacking with an invisible unit (selected by pressing "w") against a weak rogue/bandit/whatever and always losing the fight - at least until I save/reload (new random seed is NOT enabled)

Attachments

• Mammoth Glitch.JPG
    Mammoth Glitch.JPG
    429.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Mammoth Attacking Bandit.JPG
    Mammoth Attacking Bandit.JPG
    414.8 KB · Views: 48
Not sure if it's a bug or just oversight in programming but the go to city command cannot be canceled before you make a city selection. Esc and backspace don't work either.

Still happens to me, i haven't seen it for quite awhile now, i have asked and even asked again, and then AGAIN, but i dont get any response on the requests???

Also i dont get any different WB's stuff?? same ole from the look of it to me?? (see attached 1-2) and below comments from other thread??

Attached 3rd pic, i dont get the Modifier Re-Calc anymore no matter what is changed, even the dll????

Military Adviser, i have another Hero unit in my domestic area and its not listed as a unit i have?? (see attached 4)???

Also NO OFFENSE to TB, (i am just sayin') since the attached listed SVN commit (attached 5) C2C has been acting very "stupid."
Invisible units, no Recalc Pop-up, and more just cant think of them currently???????

I'm still getting the recalc popup here. You should get it if either:

1) The DLL version has changed; or
2) The assets checksum has changed

Now - it's possible that someone added tags without updating the asset checksum calculation for the info class they added them to, which would mean that asset changes to those tags would not trigger recalcs, but I don't think that's what we're talking about here since typically lots of new entire entities (buildings etc.) are being added each time.

It's also possible there could be a checksum collision, but frankly (even though it's not a very high quality checksum that is used for this purpose) that seems highly unlikely.

BTW - I am aware of the bug that causes you to get the popup multiple times in an MP game (you'll get it once for each player I think), and I'll fix that next time I push any changes to the SVN.

Still happens to me, i haven't seen it for quite awhile now, i have asked and even asked again, and then AGAIN, but i dont get any response on the requests???

Also i dont get any different WB's stuff?? same ole from the look of it to me?? (see attached 1-2) and below comments from other thread??
Then I'd say your SVN copy is messed up. Check if you have unresolved conflicts or similar things. Or maybe you think you start your SVN copy but instead it is some other version?

Then I'd say your SVN copy is messed up. Check if you have unresolved conflicts or similar things. Or maybe you think you start your SVN copy but instead it is some other version?

fixed below (see 140)

Nope i copy and pasted DIRECTLY from the SVN copy on my Desktop, I will try again and see, since i am having all kinds of problems lately with the Recalc like JosePh II and Koshling on the cost problems:crazyeye:

Also i just noticed that just BEFORE the next turn is when i see the units go invisible and then back again, may there inlies the problem, maybe SOME of them just aren't being calculated correctly and hence going invisible??

You mean Export, right? Becuase just directly copy/pasting from the SVN folder is not the right way to do it.

This sounds weird but my Warlord <insert name> seem to be only targeting workers/captives and no military units anymore. I've checked the log for 20 turns and the only units destroyed by them were the above mentioned dog/animal/buffalo/whatever workers and captives.

Edit: They are set to autohunt.

Just updated to the latest SVN 5194 and have not received a warning message asking if the mod dll should be recalculated. This is the first time , as when updating previously I have always received the warning message at the top right of the screen.

DavidR

OK so I loaded a save game from a few days previously and the DLL modifier warning was in the top right of the screen under SVN 5194 so presumably nothing had changed in my current save so no warning appeared. Only query is that the mouse tip hovering over my civs flag shows the current SVN being played as SVN 5180 whereas I am using 5194 - when does this become updated in the game ?

You are correct, I had a BAD copy of C2C for some odd reason:blush::crazyeye:

All is working now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom