Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

Today I subdued a Sabretooth and I built the Myth - Sabretooth with it but I am unable to build the Big Cat Trainer. I think the Myth - Sabretooth should enable the Big Cat Trainer.
It is not just the Sabretooth but all the big cat myths I have added in since the v37 release, which is most of them.

@TB

i have a CTD in an autosave, : pic attached: the save before 540 works and the save after 540 works, but 540 itself CTD's, do u want it or not, no biggy to me, i have moved on??

Attachments

• ctd.JPG
    ctd.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 80
Today I subdued a Sabretooth and I built the Myth - Sabretooth with it but I am unable to build the Big Cat Trainer. I think the Myth - Sabretooth should enable the Big Cat Trainer.
Only 1 Civ can build the Big Cat trainer. Perhaps an AI beat you to it.

@TB

i have a CTD in an autosave, : pic attached: the save before 540 works and the save after 540 works, but 540 itself CTD's, do u want it or not, no biggy to me, i have moved on??
Sure, upload it.

Still getting this error message:

[1091661.359] info type 'BUILDING_HOUSE_ERA3_HDMW' not found, Current XML file is: modules\Custom_World_Views\Slavery\zDepend_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
Would guess no one is looking into it atm.

[1091661.359] info type 'BUILDING_HOUSE_ERA3_HDMW' not found, Current XML file is: modules\Custom_World_Views\Slavery\zDepend_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
That type does not exist in that file which means the error processing is pointing to the wrong file as it sometimes does.

edit it does not appear any where in the Slavery folder either.

edit2 nor the Custom_World_Views or sub folders

edit3 not in the Modules folder anywhere that I can find

It's "Housing (Highrises)". BUILDING_HOUSE_ERA3_HDMW can be found in
  • Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml (1x)
  • Assets\XML\Buildings\CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml (2x)
  • Assets\XML\Buildings\SpecialBuildings_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml (5x)
  • Assets\XML\Text\Hydro_CIV4GameText.xml (3x)

Could it be the remnant of a modmod that was in use and not fully removed at this time?
Not likely since we would have found the reference in the Modules folder if it was a modmod.

There is a class of errors where the error system ends up pointing to the very last file it has processed not the file the error is in. This makes it hard to find the error and fix it.
It's "Housing (Highrises)". BUILDING_HOUSE_ERA3_HDMW can be found in
  • Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml (1x)
  • Assets\XML\Buildings\CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml (2x)
  • Assets\XML\Buildings\SpecialBuildings_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml (5x)
  • Assets\XML\Text\Hydro_CIV4GameText.xml (3x)
Which is where I would have expected it and the right number of times except the last one. The text file.

edit Actually that is correct for the text file also. I forgot _pedia and _strategy

Toffer fixed it. My copy/paste mistake. Someone decided to add +10 Crime to that particular bldg when no others in that chain had crime. Comment out error.
<!-- xxx Property
blah blah
blah blah
<Building xxx -->
Should've been on the last blah blah ( blah blah --> )

The latest and greatest SVN, installed correctly, etc. It keeps crashing using using XP :(
Every 2-5 turns, it just shuts down.

I don't know if it needs to run on Win 10 now, or my system is just too anemic (4 GB RAM, 1 GB video)

Oh well, back to Version 33 then. Not as many bells and whistles but it's pretty rock solid, save a couple or really minor glitches.

The latest and greatest SVN, installed correctly, etc. It keeps crashing using using XP :(

I don't know if it needs to run on Win 10 now, or my system is just too anemic (4 GB RAM, 1 GB video)

Oh well, back to Version 33 then. Not as many bells and whistles but it's pretty rock solid, save a couple or really minor glitches.

Bunny please post a save game from right before it "shuts down". You save could provide valuable info on why XP OS is having a problem.

Your 4GB and 1GB video are enough to run C2C IF you are not using a map bigger than Large and Not putting more than 7-9 AI into the game at Game set up.

One of own Modders Harrier has an XP system and he has been able to run SVN v37.

And as for "I don't know if it needs to run on Win 10 now,.." No it does not although an upgrade to Win 7 would help tremendously. Win 10 still has it's own set of problems.

If I remember correctly version 9546 - is the last version that supports XP. That is runs without crashing every few turns.

It is what I now can only use to play a game.

The problem is all the XML errors (OK with W10 but not XP) introduced with more futeristiic era's.

I have tried a few times to play recent versions - but failed.

Last edited:
It seems like its impossible to create CaoDai after you research it - i got free prophet and to option to fund this religion.
I have latest SVN.
http://imgur.com/a/GPhgh <- Yes I changed research modifiers to quickly go trough techs to test stuff, but that shoudn't change stuff as I founded all religions except Caodai and Scientology, that is farther in tech tree.

The bForceOverwrite tag is not working correctly on Promotions. It appears to be ignored and the new merged with the existing.

However it may be a load order thing if modules are loaded before core files.

Bunny please post a save game from right before it "shuts down". You save could provide valuable info on why XP OS is having a problem.

Your 4GB and 1GB video are enough to run C2C IF you are not using a map bigger than Large and Not putting more than 7-9 AI into the game at Game set up.

One of own Modders Harrier has an XP system and he has been able to run SVN v37.

And as for "I don't know if it needs to run on Win 10 now,.." No it does not although an upgrade to Win 7 would help tremendously. Win 10 still has it's own set of problems.

Ok, I'll see if I can find one. I had deleted them all, but it's still probably in the recycle bin.

On my older PC, the XP one, I'm not sure if it will use Win 7, that was one reason I was loathe to upgrade. We had similar issues at work when they switched over, the same PC, it ran really slowly.

On my newer (reburbished) PC, it runs Win 10, but I've been having problems getting the new 2GB video card to work on it. C2C barely functioned at all on it, so I gave up on that as a bad job until I can figure out why the new card isn't working.

I normally just use a standard map size, or smaller. Only 3 players plus barbarians, seems to be enough. More than that and it slows down so much between saves as to be almost unplayable. Sure is boring waiting.

If I remember correctly version 9546 - is the last version that supports XP. That is runs without crashing every few turns.

It is what I now can only use to play a game.

The problem is all the XML errors (OK with W10 but not XP) introduced with more futeristiic era's.

I have tried a few times to play recent versions - but failed.

Ok, thanks, good to know. I'm assuming there is an archive out there, someplace...it's hard to find stuff just because you guys have so much content out there. I like all of the newer modifications, but as you say, then I can't play it :(

Top Bottom