Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

Armed guard promotion is definitely not working as advertised; attached a save, only armed guard 1-5 works against assassin, ambushers and stalkers hit canines instead? Canines with 1% chance of victory are being chosen to defend the stack instead of guard with 99% chance of victory in many cases, but not consistently with assassins?

Attachments

• TEST_ARMEDGUARD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 122
C2C Version 40.0.759alpha together with Rescaled Latitude Limits modmod (downloaded 11.11.) and a Large Space map

Probably not a bug but still feel strange:
I have a City with a 3 radius culture connected to the culture radius of my main city but a single diagonal field on the 4th radius of this city switch (?nearly) every turn if it belongs to me or not.
Also the same happen each turn between this city and a other city of mine.
switching culture.jpg
I use the Rescaled Latitude Limits modmod and a Space map so it might not even a problem from the main C2C and ingame Version says 40.0.759alpha)

Edit: A other minor Issue is that the Subdued Wallaby don't have a Myth, Story etc. Building.

Last edited:
SVN-11062.

My Heavy Swordsman tried to atack a city on the other continent. He didn't succeeded and tried to retreat. And he did - some kind of dark voodoo teleported him right into my capital, across miles and oceans. It wasn't nearest city, though. Unfortunatelly, I don't have saves. And can't reproduce it as well.

Second issue - I can't change the nature of man my research queue. Astronomy is being researched, another 6 techs in the list, Fundamentalism is the last tech in it. Okay, I want to clear queue and research Fundamentalism right now. I click on corresponding icon in tech tree - and nothing happened. Is there a way to modify tech queue?

Oh, and one question. Can you slow down ocean critters spawn? At my ~3000+ turn and ~1350 AD oceans are full. I mean, I haven't seen a single square without a stack of whales/sharks/dolphins/etc out of the cultural borders. I had to build a grand flotilla of sloops-of-war only to clear oceans, and they are facing legions of hostile fish every day. My caravelas fleets are leaving homeland in one way ticket - no one returned. Thank devs, all these marine hordes aren't trying to atack all they see as they did in pre-v37. I haven't seen anything like it in v38 and v39 - yes, salt water crocodiles often ate my ships, but they were not that numerous.

Although a save with the sea creature problem would be useful, I don't see it in my auto play game really.

People keep saying there is an issue with sea animals spawning too much. There is an easy solution to sea animals bothering a player, I found. Pirates on automated piracy, give them sea hunter promotions and they clear the waters. They actually work so well I wish I could actually make the sea animals spawn faster. Another solution, if you only want your borders empty is to set a few ships on automated border patrol.

That is a work around, but it is still a problem if they are spawning at such rates that they will fill the ocean wall to wall.

save with the sea creature problem would be useful
Ok, I'll upload some saves later.

Pirates on automated piracy,
It won't help at the beginning of the game - all ships before quinquiremas usually are being eaten by some fish. Plus, it sounds like a player-specific solution. Come on, our npcs are still not clever enough, and in current situation they are blocked on their islands. Agressive pirate fleet won't help them) It would just make game easier and less interesting for us.
There is a land hunter unit. Why not create something like it for sea purpose? Trawler or fishing boat? It's really strange to see giant missile cruiser hunting for cod or frigate, shooting some crabs.

Well use an outrigger to patrol your borders. If you put the right promotions, most sea animals will not pose a problem. At first the pirates dominate the sea, but the NPCs always correct that by hitting back with stronger boats.

Forgot to mention but pirates on automated piracy tend to avoid enemy ships for some strange reason.

Okay, I want to clear queue and research Fundamentalism right now. I click on corresponding icon in tech tree - and nothing happened. Is there a way to modify tech queue?
This works fine for me, although click the button itself not the icon (I can make it so the icon works as well at some point).

Fishy saves.

Attachments

• Volgadar December 3, AD-1406.CivBeyondSwordSave
    10.3 MB · Views: 87
  • Volgadar March 27, AD-1384.CivBeyondSwordSave
    10.6 MB · Views: 85
  • Volgadar November 8, AD-1358.CivBeyondSwordSave
    11.6 MB · Views: 118
@billw2015 I got crash after 22 turns during autorun on tiny/normal/noble.
1022nd turn.

Thanks, but again, minidump isn't usable unless you give me the .pdb file as well (next to the dll file you are using). Without it all I will see is assembly language. For SVN it is fine because I can get the pdb that is in SVN, but as we build ourselves in git the pdb is only on your machine.

Well I can't repro it, so if you have the pdb file then I can check the minidump.
Ohh they were in different place.

Also this crash seemed to be random too - didn't get it next time.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    8 MB · Views: 97
Top Bottom