The Good State of Offtopic

Hygro

soundcloud.com/hygro/
It's always been this way one degree or another, as literally every single person has their own take on everything, no one shares the exact same politics etc.

But.

I'm noticing strong agreement by peoples in one thread on one topic, strong disagreement by the same people in other threads, with no disintegration into clans.

A lot of people are taking arguments on their merits and the words expressed. Very conducive to discussion. It's making it really fun to tell you guys how wrong you all are :D Despite some strong recent examples, over all the state of debate here continues to advance. We're able to get charged up and zap one another with the full force of our passions and then pat each other in support as we all shift relative positions in the next thread.

As to anyone who is concerned with the volume of excitement of activity, threads are getting way longer with more people sticking it out further. Ye olde days of CFC had more threads, shorter threads, and when they got longer, it would be two posters stuck in a loop.

Carry on my friends.

Great minds follow along the same track. :high5:
Great minds follow along a Petty track.

Yeah, I think conversation has been good here of late.

Aging will do that. :)

Who would have thought that a forum about Civilization would be civilized? ;)

There are less voices though.
Fewer. ;)

Yes, it's a shame that two people I know from another forum who were assets to OT were basically run off by a pack of bullies. It's a shame that people who were here for years went MIA years ago and have never come back.

We've lost a lot of people over the years and haven't gained many.

That's because the majority of new people on forums are spam-bots instead of real people.

Top Bottom