The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok hold on a moment

Argh, I couldn't get a good shot of it from my balcony, and by the time I got down all the stairs the driver was leaving.

There's a truck (interestingly the one with the Confederate flags and pro-Trump bumper stickers I mentioned before) parked in the fire lane outside my building. Its been there at least an hour and no sign of the driver. Should I call the non-emergency police number?
Isn't there a truism that there is no situation so bad that calling the police makes it better?

Isn't there a truism that there is no situation so bad that calling the police makes it better?
I have had at least 2 situations in recent memory where I needed to call the police, and they definitely made the situations better in both cases.

I would've asked the driver to move out of the fire lane but I had no idea where he was

If you're disabled, Canada won't let you immigrate at all because we're just seen as burdens on the healthcare system.
That's BS (I don't mean you're lying, I mean the system sucks) I'm working on trying to get my brother to be able to immigrate here, and him being disabled won't be a problem.
From Canada's POV immigrating is moving to Canada, not from Canada.

Can you afford a stamp? If you can I would send a letter.

That's true? I almost never do it, but a brief hand written or typed and printed letter has sincerity to it. So does a post card too, now that I think about it. Unless kids these days be weird about mail. Which doesn't seem true in the Amazon age.

I still like sending out a Christmas letter to friends/family. Aw crap. Almost time to have to write that for this year. Ungh.

Can you afford a stamp? If you can I would send a letter.
I can, but not the trip to the post office. The postman doesn't take mail to be delivered from home boxes for some reason.

But I will need to get to the post office in the next couple weeks to mail my vote ballot, so I could time it with that if need be.

Do I write an individual letter to each nurse? Or just a general "hey [names], thanks" and then hope they each get to read it?

I would write it like they might stick it on an office bulletin board for a couple days. Just in case they do? It would be addressed to a work department rather than home addresses, or the other way around? I guess if you don't want it stuck on the bulletin board approach, then yeah, a letter to each individual.

I would write it like they might stick it on an office bulletin board for a couple days. Just in case they do?

That's how i did it, although I was able to afford a card from the store.

I can, but not the trip to the post office. The postman doesn't take mail to be delivered from home boxes for some reason.

But I will need to get to the post office in the next couple weeks to mail my vote ballot, so I could time it with that if need be.

Do I write an individual letter to each nurse? Or just a general "hey [names], thanks" and then hope they each get to read it?

If I were you I will write it for general, but within the letter I will mention their name one by one with some particular unique thing about them or about the kind thing they did to you, like:

I would like to thank Nurse Aimee for being so patient to me whenever I call her in the middle of the night, she is always there for me and took care of me patiently. I thank you also for Nurse Bird Jaguar who always smiling and give me motivation that mean so much to me, so on so forth.

If I were you I will write it for general, but within the letter I will mention their name one by one with some particular unique thing about them or about the kind thing they did to you, like:

I would like to thank Nurse Aimee for being so patient to me whenever I call her in the middle of the night, she is always there for me and took care of me patiently. I thank you also for Nurse Bird Jaguar who always smiling and give me motivation that mean so much to me, so on so forth.
I would like to thank Nurse Haroon for inserting my enema twice before a colonoscopy.

How do I thank my nurses in a non-weird way?

Assume the person asking is broke. Because the person asking is me, and I'm broke.
I'm with aimee, send a letter. Or, if that is a problem, the hospital must have a 'Contact Us' page and you can email them.

If you're disabled, Canada won't let you immigrate at all because we're just seen as burdens on the healthcare system.

I am not disabled.
I did answer some questions at the site you posted, but I am not sure if they really allow people who are outside the technical or services sector (?) or already have a job offer. That said, the last isn't an obstacle, since I wouldn't just emigrate to Canada without first having secured a position or at least be in talks for one.

How do I thank my nurses in a non-weird way?

Assume the person asking is broke. Because the person asking is me, and I'm broke.
Assuming you liked most of them (every nursing station seems to have a resident (w)itch), address it (a card and brief letter, I take it?) to "the nursing staff of Unit ____" and write them a note of appreciation for the care they gave you. They'll appreciate it. If you're unsure what address to put on it, phone the non-emergency number and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom