UNIT REQUESTS - Godzilla and Friends!

No kaiju status for Mothra ?

I'd keep Cyber-Zilla, and not Mecha-Zilla, as, canon-wise, it is the resurrected Zilla from the movie with cybernetic implants and not a robot (mechanized) replica. The unit was also built and rendered that way.

For Zilla Junior (Young) and Final Zilla (Supa ^^), I'd switch them as Final Zilla doesn't have a breath weapon.

I can't wait to see what you're cooking in these mods. Too bad I don't have my poser files in this computer.

No kaiju status for Mothra ?

She's in there, full Kaiju.

It's the Megalodon that is listed as a sub-Kaiju. In the version that will have Dinos too, it will be classed as a Dino, like the Apatosaurus, but for the ones that are dino-free it will be a sub-Kaiju.

I'd keep Cyber-Zilla, and not Mecha-Zilla, as, canon-wise, it is the resurrected Zilla from the movie with cybernetic implants and not a robot (mechanized) replica. The unit was also built and rendered that way.

I see your point, hadn't drawn that delineation between Mecha and Cyber in my own head. I'll change it over. To drag out some uber-nerdiness here, wouldn't the 1990's Mecha Godzilla be considered Cyber then, since it was made with Godzillas bones? Or is it still Mecha, since there was no flesh?

For Zilla Junior (Young) and Final Zilla (Supa ^^), I'd switch them as Final Zilla doesn't have a breath weapon.

I am open to that, if they are the same size (I've not DLed them yet, still no gaming machine). I don't want Zilla shrinking with old age ;) If they are not the same size, I already have it built into the unit profile that although Zillas lose their Breath when they mature, their strength and defense rises significantly. Currently Jr. has the breath attack, which is a decently destructive bombardment of 1 (but weaker than Gojiras), and a weakish attack, and weak defense - with high movement speed and 2 attacks per turn. Supa Zilla (Supa is actually Super in Japanese, so it sticks to the theme while honoring you :)) currently has no offensive bombardment (but does have a defensive, just because he is fast and big), a medium-strong attack, a weak-medium defense, and a whopping 3 attacks per turn. The adult Zillas will be the only units to attack thrice per turn, with a few others having 2.

Like I said though, I will switch it if the upgrading doesn't look silly. I would prefer the Final to have the Breath, but it is not unheard of for young animals to be more dangerous in some ways than their parents - Rattlesnakes for example.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see what you're cooking in these mods. Too bad I don't have my poser files in this computer.

You will be the first to know and get ideas bounced off of :)

I see your point, hadn't drawn that delineation between Mecha and Cyber in my own head. I'll change it over. To drag out some uber-nerdiness here, wouldn't the 1990's Mecha Godzilla be considered Cyber then, since it was made with Godzillas bones? Or is it still Mecha, since there was no flesh?

Maybe Necro-Godzilla, then ? :D ;)

There is no clear delimitation within any of the Toho series either. Mecha-Ghidorah should have been named Cyber-Ghidorah as it's clearly a cyborg and not a robot. I just like the original name better for Cyber-Zilla. I'd love to see a Cyber-Zilla vs Mecha-Godzilla fight in Modzilla. There is a certain fanboy quality in this. :D

I am open to that, if they are the same size

All adult Zilla units are the same size, actually.

All adult Zilla units are the same size, actually.

For some reason I had Zilla Jr. pegged as a sort of a young teenage Zilla, not the grownup child, so I assumed wrongly. Serves me right for designing it in before downloading them. If he is another adult, then yes - Egg, Hatchlings, Jr. will be the upgrade path. The other two Zillas will both be preplaced, one-time use items.

- alternatively - you could have 2 Zilla unit lines (3 if you include the Cyber):

(Radiated?) Egg - Hatchling - Jr.
Egg - Zilla - Final

In fact, the Zilla - Final line can be the basic one, upgradable to the Hatchling - Jr. one with exposure to radiation (not sure if that was the mutagen in the series?) If we go that route, I would only like the Egg upgradable to (radiated?) egg, that way you can't upgrade (mutate) what has already been born, just what is still developing...

There are enough MZ scenarios on the fire we could do both...

(not sure if that was the mutagen in the series?)

No explication were given to explain differences between Zilla and Zilla Jr in the series. So, that's really up to you ! For the sake of simplicity, I'd keep only one Zilla unit line (excluding Cyber).

Alternatively, you could give "Zilla Jr" to a human civilization as, in the series, it was friendly towards them and obeying/rescuing Nick and his H.E.A.T. team every episodes.

What do you think of the starting useless unit (SUU) idea I've mentioned in the other thread to counter the tech to unit delay ?

For the Cyber, I could probably make a "Dead Zilla" resource when I get my files back.

There are a lot of options we can use with this Zilla line, and we may get a chance to try all of them. I'm game for the humans having a 'Nice' Zilla in one of the Scenarios.

As far as the SUU goes, similar to my thoughts. My ideas were:
  1. Preplace 1 or more of each unit in the line to start off with, without the means to upgrade them
  2. Have the cost to "hatch" be relatively low, but require at least a tech
  3. Have the cost to upgrade beyond a hatchling be very high, and require a much later tech
  4. Perhaps have a nest with multiple eggs, and a Mother Hen Zilla to watch over them preplaced.
  5. The Eggs could be autoproduced by the Crippled Zilla Great Wonder at long intervals.
  6. You could also have the upgrades each require a different resource, adding a bit more strategy to the game - if the humans can't defeat the kaiju now, perhaps they can hang on to that SupaKaiju resource long enough to keep the kaiju from overrunning them while they build up....

The key to all this would be giving the civs some balance while allowing the player to have some time with each variation. Tough chore. The kaiju will start off very strong, with the humans weak, but as the game progresses humans will get stronger, Kaiju weaker, but towards the end, kaiju get stronger again too, as they are auto producing kaiju. Humans will need to ally together to defeat the kaiju (then maybe each other?)

With the exception of the skirmish scenario where each Civ IS a kaiju, I don't plan on having the kaiju actually buildable, but rather generated at long intervals for balance - but the civs will have some starting kaiju to play around with :)

If this egg-thing becomes interesting, I may have a need for more eggs - I know Rodan, Mothra, and Godzilla Himself have laid eggs....

As far as that Zilla Remains resource goes - that would be great! MZDR is going to use a generic Kaiju Remains resource for multiple purposes, since I already have 32 strat\lux, but the rest of the scenarios will have much more room for this, and will use it. Makes a great rounding out of your Zilla Pack.

Points 1 to 3 are basically SUU principles.

Point 6 should be in the game, no question asked. Radioactive Waste for Godzilla upgrade, Electric Power Plant for Toho/Supa Kong, perhaps Xians Derelict for Final Zilla or Mutagene for Zilla Jr. Kaiju should be given a reason to expand, beyond winning the game.

If this egg-thing becomes interesting, I may have a need for more eggs - I know Rodan, Mothra, and Godzilla Himself have laid eggs....

That's the plan. The poser project I've made for Zilla Egg can be changed very easily.

In addition to the kaiju listed in the current albeit slightly out of date kaiju request queue, I'd like to add a few more, mostly non-kaiju. I can and will provide pictures upon request:

1. Oxygen Destroyer
  2. Maser Tanks
  3. Human Ships, such Garuda, Gotengo, Super X3
  4. Alien ships such as Moonlight SY-3, Xilian ship
  5. Kaiju eggs, particularly for Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra

Heisei Gamera !
Millenium Mecha-Godzilla !
Millenium Rodan !
Showa Titanosaur !

If any of these are rigged for Poser, you can count on me to make units out of them. The other monsters could also be used, with some modifications. I saw at least one possible King Caesar. Hell, I'll even make the bunny.

Unfortunately, the Gigan model is a 3DS file. I have yet to learn how to properly bone a model for Poser. If someone knows a good tutorial, I might give it a try again.

Poser files. CR2 extension. Basically, it's 3D model, boned and jointed and readily usable in Poser.

I have good hope these 'new' Scott Ayers models are Poser files. The Gino model I've used a few months ago was a Poser model, although I found it at another guy's website, and it's present in your linked gallery. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom