UNIT REQUESTS - Godzilla and Friends!

I like! Reminds me of Alice from Land Of The Lost.

Yes I remember that old unit, but can't seem to find it. Might use it as a transport for the KW, but not the Kaiju.

I like! Reminds me of Alice from Land Of The Lost.

Yes I remember that old unit, but can't seem to find it. Might use it as a transport for the KW, but not the Kaiju.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=24897
by Pesoloco.

Balthasar said:
Looks great, Supa! While you've got this on your desktop, how about a version of it chest-deep in water?

If there is a Brachiosaur poser model somewhere, I might do somethink like this Burian painting. But I don't know if it would be that interesting in game.

If Civ3 had a hovercraft type of unit - one that can traverse both water and land - that would solve this and many similar issues in Modzilla. Godzilla should swim ashore alone, not hitch a ride on Gamera...

Thanks for the link, Supa!

You are right. It's a real shame that Firaxsis did not include a hovercraft unit. They were around when Firaxsis made Civ 3 for crying out loud. It would have increased the possibilities for the modding community ten-fold and would solve one of the biggest problems for many unit types.

So Godzilla needs to wait at the dock for his dino transport to arrive, hop on board (while providing his purchased ticket), and take a nice cruise to the next destination he is going to cause utter chaos and destruction at. ;)

For Modzilla, only one civ can raise them, so for me the answer is no, however the general populace might want it. So I would say your call. Spots, stripes, any pattern you choose I think would be fine if you do, since no one knows what coloration they had...

As one who grew up (allegedly) with toy dinos all single color plastic, I think the idea of a solid color for each civ might be the right call. Even if not needed for this mod who knows where it might go?...Army Men III?

You've just made my week! (and I am waiting on word on 2 houses I'm trying to buy)

Thank you once again for your EXCELLENT contributions (including the resource).

Well, Tom made the Raptor, and Plotinus the Mastodon. That leaves the Dimetrodon up to you :)

Without wishing to be over-pedantic, I must point out that I made a Mammoth, not a Mastodon. They're different things.

(Also, to be really pedantic, a "raptor" is a bird of prey, not a dinosaur - but unfortunately Jurassic Park confused everyone about this...)

If there is a Brachiosaur poser model somewhere, I might do somethink like this Burian painting. But I don't know if it would be that interesting in game.

I used to love that picture, wildly inaccurate though it almost certainly is.

And the worst is that raptor means thief in Latin. Not really a dread name.

I still love all of Burian paintings. He really caught my imagination with them when I was a very little kid and never let go.

I was using raptor short for velociraptor and utahraptor, because I'm lazy like that.... ;)

I had to share a story, this seemed like the appropriate thread.

My eldest daughter (now 3) is currently obsessed with The Little Mermaid. OBSESSED. I was testing a Modzilla piece with Ebirah in it, and she asked me if that was Sebastian, and proceeded to belt out "Under The Sea". Now she wants to play the "Ariel Game" with "Princess Godzilla" in it all the time....

For those of you not already aware, Supa is awesome, and so is Toms2050 :nuke::nuke::nuke:

I'll update the main post with these changes and a few more I have shortly.....

The 20 Kaiju of Supa:

Attachments

• MZ_20UnitsOfSupa.png
    MZ_20UnitsOfSupa.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom