Which movie(s) have you seen lately? - Episode IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Land of the Lost. It was terrible. They should have just clipped together some of the ones from the old series. Yes, that is how bad it was.

Has anyone seen East of Eden? I've become obsessed with Morrissey and Morrissey thinks he is the reincarnation of James Dead (allegedly) :D. James Dead was apparently a mental actor like A-lister if only he didn't die so young.

Hot Fuzz - Not as good as expected. Kind of a waste of time. Not particularly funny and it doesn't work as an action. There was a bit of blending of genres, but not very enjoyable. 2/5.

I just watched "The Sum of All Fears" it was given 4 Stars in the paper so I thought it'd be good - it wasn't. It was an average boring film not much depth to it. Writing was a little off and Ben Afllec is overrated.

Saw Army of Shadows (L'armée des ombres), a French film from '69 about the resistance. Very good, not an action film, it focused on the people doing the planning etc. Dark and entertaining.

Also saw Inglourious Basterds finally. Also very good, not what I was expecting either. It was a pirated version though, must see it again once it comes out.

Saw:

Paranormal Activity. 'Twas quite good.

I didn't expect to hear this, looked like it'd be crap to me, just some 'scary' ghost movie. But it's good to hear otherwise I guess, I'll take this as a recommendation!

Ended up seeing the Law Abiding Citizen despite the warning from Rotten Tomatoes. It was your standard action/thriller type of movie. So, no horrible, but not good either. I would say it's a step below mediocre.

I saw: The Departed, AEternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Little Miss Sunshine.

That last one sucked. But the other two were great :popcorn:

The Invention of Lying

I thought it was sad. Not recommended.

Bad Boys2. It fulfilled every modern racial sterotype in the US without a hint of irony. It seemed to be trying to be a serious modern shooter action film but than it again it came up with a unappropreate joke, based on toilet humor, which kind of ruined the general atmoshphere of being a genuine action thriller.

The only good performace was by the thoughtful Will Smith. Apart from that it reaked of money-making action film for the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom