Which television shows are you watching? β'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished season 3 of Series of Unfortunate Events.

My personal rating of the season, and I guess the series in general, is 4/10.

However, I'd still recommend it. It's just not for me. The pacing is excellent and the production quality is of course superb. The writing is clever. However, it is based on books for children, and it shows. I didn't like it very much but it was put together well enough to justify a full watch and I do think it'd be received well by others.

Season 3 of The Last Kingdom. Like with season 2, it starts off weak but finds its footing by the end of the first episode. Good pacing, good fighting. Uhtred getting screwed over is a meme at this point but it had a good ending.

8/10.

John Lithgow is in season 4.

I can't recall what season 3 was then.

Season 1:
Spoiler :

ice killer who was dexters brother

Season 2:
Spoiler :

Isn't that when they discover all the bodies off shore and almost catch dexter but then doakes gets blown up by some bad guy?

Yes, the whole scenario is because they're starting their own exclusive distribution. If everyone keeps doing this it's going to suck the life out of any single streaming business and we'll have to sub to way too many places. It will be a) very annoying and b) significantly more expensive :(

It's very annoying, already a lot of shows have dropped off netflix and started showing up on hulu. Disney service is coming for sure and I think comcast wants to launch one too.

However the marvel original shows on netflix I believe is a different story. Marvel didn't pull them, instead netflix doesn't want to pay licensing fees. They are moving towards becoming a content producer more than a streaming service, they want to produce everything themselves. I guess it's cheaper that way, but I think they see it as a brand thing where they are like HBO or Fox and known for their shows and movies.

I never could get into that dexter show. The entire premise seemed highly unrealistic.

That's like every tv show. Even watching the "realistic" shows like the cop shows and hospital shows so many people die, the murder rates would be like ten times the worst places in the developed world.

Season 3 of The Last Kingdom. Like with season 2, it starts off weak but finds its footing by the end of the first episode. Good pacing, good fighting. Uhtred getting screwed over is a meme at this point but it had a good ending.

8/10.

It was my favorite season. I think the political stakes were higher and uhtred had more decisions to make. Season 1 was more straightforward for him.

Edit: I looked it up, season 3 of dexter was the one with jimmy smits. I liked that one too, I think I flip flopped seasons 3 and 4 in my mind.

Hannibal was awesome. I suppose there's probably no chance we'll ever get Fuller's adaptation of The Silence of the Lambs.

I accidentally tuned in to the second episode of the new season of SOLO without having watched the first one and already stumbled into a MAJOR spoiler.
Never mind that. I got to watch the first three episodes as they aired this week (IIRC there should be four, just as in the first season) and absolutely everything else was unpredictable so the spoiler didn't affect that much.
It's still 9/10 or better.

Currently rewatching Star Trek, I finished DS9 and just started season 3 of TNG. Not sure if I'll do Voyager, but I am curious what anyone's thoughts on Discovery is as I haven't seen it.

Currently rewatching Star Trek, I finished DS9 and just started season 3 of TNG. Not sure if I'll do Voyager, but I am curious what anyone's thoughts on Discovery is as I haven't seen it.

It's alright. The Mirror Universe episodes were surprisingly very good.

I found it difficult to deal with the changes to the klingons. I still don't like them.

Voyager is my favorite of the spinoff series.

Discovery was garbage.

It's alright. The Mirror Universe episodes were surprisingly very good.

I found it difficult to deal with the changes to the klingons. I still don't like them.
The Mirror Universe episodes were the only (barely) watchable part of the series. As for "Klngons"... they should have just invented a new race. Those are not Klingons, and there is no way in hell this series can ever be a "seamless" continuity with TOS.

Discovery had a fairly stodgy start, but the first three episodes are crucial to understanding the season arc. Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad was a good episode, but the Mirror Universe episodes were by far the best of the season.

I've been rewatching Killing Eve this week. I'd almost forgotten how much I loved it. I've been crushin' on Sandra Oh for years, so of course I like her, but I don't think I had ever seen Jodie Comer or Fiona Shaw before, and they're both fantastic. Comer's facial expressions, and Shaw has this deadpan delivery... Well, if you've seen it, you already know what I mean; if you haven't, I can't really explain it. They're both a riot, though.

here is a nice show that's a great change of pace from American dumpster TV:

Black Spot, a belgian mystery thriller set in a small village, with themes of druidism, ecoterrorism and corruption. Absolutely phenomenal show! Aside from that I haven't watched much telly lately, aside from the occasional Little Britain episode which I watch mostly for nostalgia

I also rewatched Neon Genesis Evangelion and while it is still undoubtedly one of the greatst animated series ever made, it felt very different from my first watch. Still a must see for everyone who hasn't.

Derry Girls is a Netflix original about a family and close friends living in Northern Ireland. The show focuses on the oldest daughter and her friends who are in high school. The casting is really good, it's a got laughs and doesn't take itself too seriously. It's goofy humor and I like it.

I believe that it was actually produced for British TV and distributed overseas by Netflix, but yes, it is supposed to be really good (if you can understand their accents). :p

We tried Derry Girls on a whim just after Christmas. We're now 4 or 5 eps in, and it's hilarious.

Discovery had a fairly stodgy start, but the first three episodes are crucial to understanding the season arc. Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad was a good episode, but the Mirror Universe episodes were by far the best of the season.
Klingons that resemble Doctor Who monsters in look and speech and a "Sarek" chummy with his human ward (in Starfleet) when he wouldn't speak to Spock for 18 YEARS for joining Starfleet was the dealbreaker for me. This show is crap, and it's alt-universe as far as I'm concerned. There is no connection with TOS/TAS whatsoever.

I believe that it was actually produced for British TV and distributed overseas by Netflix, but yes, it is supposed to be really good (if you can understand their accents). :p
I have less trouble understanding them than I do with most British television shows, to be honest.

Klingons that resemble Doctor Who monsters in look and speech and a "Sarek" chummy with his human ward (in Starfleet) when he wouldn't speak to Spock for 18 YEARS for joining Starfleet was the dealbreaker for me. This show is crap, and it's alt-universe as far as I'm concerned. There is no connection with TOS/TAS whatsoever.

You've said as much before. I am however also entitled to give my opinion on the show.

I have less trouble understanding them than I do with most British television shows, to be honest.

You monster! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom