2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
too bad the Dems cant talk 'The Rock' into running

oh wait, I couldn't see him embracing their corporate overlords

nm

I tell ya, the Dems have been lost since Obama... The current crop of candidates sucks

too bad the Dems cant talk 'The Rock' into running

oh wait, I couldn't see him embracing their corporate overlords

nm

I tell ya, the Dems have been lost since Obama... The current crop of candidates sucks

The Rock leant more GoP pre Trump.

hmm...didn't know his leanings but I figured he's close enough to the center to draw from both sides

Well apparently he leant GoP but he's not a hard core conservative.

These days probably more of a blue dog Democrat.

I suppose when you have millions paying more in tax doesn't appeal.

The Russians are helping Bernie

oh nooo

Predictable since it obscures, people like you are made for this kind of disinformation campaign.

The Russians are trying to convince me to vote for Bernie?

ofc
and preferrably with arguments that make them seize the agenda of Sanders as much as possible and by that enabling them to use it further down the road

To increase it if that is opportune

or to decrease it when that is opportune like with Judo

Use the direction and imbalance caused by the move of your opponent... pick it up and tweak it... increase the imbalance... use it.

ofc
and preferrably with arguments that make them seize the agenda of Sanders as much as possible and by that enabling them to use it further down the road

To increase it if that is opportune

or to decrease it when that is opportune like with Judo

Use the direction and imbalance caused by the move of your opponent... pick it up and tweak it... increase the imbalance... use it.

But the Russians' crime was hacking DNC emails showing how they rigged the 2016 primaries, the truth is a pretty damn good dis-information campaign

But the Russians' crime was hacking DNC emails showing how they rigged the 2016 primaries, the truth is a pretty damn good dis-information campaign

yes
the truth or people genuinely believing a truth is the best you can get !

"A formal briefing" - was it also public? No, but it was still discovered by tireless journalists in Washington Post. All to help the Bernie campaign, of course :)

You are looking for "paid trolls" on twitter and other media. If you can't see how ridiculous it is as a premise to "investigate", or how it is just some attempt to try to smear Bernie, then please check your mail cause a relative of mine died and my lawyer wants to involve you in a scheme to get part of the inheritance.

Not really.

Yea, it's just going to be another smear to chuck at Sanders. They did it at Gabbard, they did it at Whats-her-green-name, they'll do it to Bernie. He's leading in the polls, all gloves are off, all tricks are greenlighted. The best thing the 'Bernie Bros' can do is not engage and just keep chugging along.

The 24-hour news cycle makes the US fatally vulnerable to this kind of crap. The real point of whatever Russian operations there are is to get us running around like headless chickens, accusing each other of being Russian spies at the drop of the hat. But the media cannot resist digging into these kinds of stories and so the Russian operations are bound to succeed.

The fact that so many liberals are still using "RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!111111111eleven" as a psychological coping mechanism for the defeat of their political program by an orange man who plays a businessman on TV doesn't help either.

The fact that so many liberals are still using "RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!111111111eleven" as a psychological coping mechanism for the defeat of their political program by an orange man who plays a businessman on TV doesn't help either.

Yeah, this. There's no question the Russian state tried to mess around with the discourse in the 2016 election to sow discord, and has some sort of sway or influence with Trump now that he's in office, possibly linked to his criminality. But that is very very different from an election being "stolen" or a bad campaign being blameless.

(Also: US elections are "stolen" mostly by a patchwork system of racially biased voter suppression. That's home grown.)

(Also: US elections are "stolen" mostly by a patchwork system of racially biased voter suppression. That's home grown.)

Exactly. The real threat to American democracy is the American oligarchy.

The Russians are interfering in order to further the dominance of such an oligarchy because in 1917 they learned what happens if the oligarchy becomes powerful enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom