2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicely ironic ^_^ Superpac presents anti-Bernie ads, Bernie ends up gaining 1.3 million dollars in a day as a result, so the superpac quits.

Superpac was affiliated with the israeli government, which in its statement said "we plan to not get more involved in the US race". I thought it was illegal, but maybe that is only when it is the feared Russia.

I realize that Trump and Netanyahu have been tight lately ("Here, let me show you how to beat corruption investigations, Benny"), but an Israeli organization is trying to take down the only Jewish candidate* in the presidential race? :crazyeye:

*yes technically there's Bloomberg too, but nobody cares about him anymore

My current prediction, which I think is far too early to count on having even a remote resemblance to actual future events, is that Sanders comes in with the plurality against two opponents who in combination are more than sufficient to control the convention. Who they are and how things unfold from there isn't worth even trying to guess at.
Good, since we know you are mostly wrong with your prediction, we can assume this not to be the case :)

By the way, with regards to your condescending tone against foreigners meddling in your election. I wouldn't give a hoot about American politics and how they shaft their own people all the time. But, it is the US of A, that terrorizes the entire world with their imperialism. And yes, that was far worse under HRC than it is right now. So, can you do us a favor (I won't comment on US politics any longer), leave the world alone and stop pretending to spread goodness all around. People are sick and tired of it.

If you can find a post where I pretended that the US "spreads goodness all around" I'd be really interested in seeing it. If you are serious about the "won't comment on US politics any longer" I have to ask when you started? It seems like the focal point of all your posts in political threads is just trolling at me.

I may have observed this already but Bloomberg being more likely to support climate change action and less likely to nuke someone in a fit of senile rage is the best argument I can see for non Americans to prefer his brand of autocratic tyranny to Trump's

OP. did you watch too much MSM? Obama? People were so sick of 8 years of establishment, they voted for Trump to end just that.
Hey, amadeus isn't just ‘people’.
…either way [whether Ted Cruz or Donald Trump had been the Republican nominee in 2016] the handing over of the party to the lunatics would have costs that will be paid out over the next generation or so...unless the Democrats absolutely refuse to collect.
If they keep attacking Sanders and/or prop Bloomberg it might be that they are refusing to collect.
That's more than I know about greek politics and I still lecture him on his natural antipathy towards anything Turkish.
To be fair the Turks are still occupying Greek soil and have massacred Greeks within living memory.
I realize that Trump and Netanyahu have been tight lately ("Here, let me show you how to beat corruption investigations, Benny"), but an Israeli organization is trying to take down the only Jewish candidate* in the presidential race? :crazyeye:

*yes technically there's Bloomberg too, but nobody cares about him anymore
Actually this is an interesting point that was raised with (Ashkenazi) Jews here (they're such a large collective that there's several Jewish neighbourhoods spread throughout the city).
We were surprised by the rise of parties and movements that are simultaneously anti-Jews but pro-Israel. Donald Trump had run a campaign on exactly that (remember the red six-pointed stars, ‘Jews will not replace us’, David Duke and so on?) and we were witnessing the rise of Orbán, Tory Brexit, Marine le Pen, etc.
It's a strange coincidence.

I may have observed this already but Bloomberg being more likely to support climate change action and less likely to nuke someone in a fit of senile rage is the best argument I can see for non Americans to prefer his brand of autocratic tyranny to Trump's
Hey, we can get people who'll do that and will also be good presidents!

Uh, does this indicate your skepticism that this could be possible?
Given that Israelis run the gamut from people to the right of Binyamin Netanyahu to Yuval Harari to actual Moslem Arabs, the answer is: :think:

My current prediction, which I think is far too early to count on having even a remote resemblance to actual future events, is that Sanders comes in with the plurality against two opponents who in combination are more than sufficient to control the convention. Who they are and how things unfold from there isn't worth even trying to guess at.
I tend to agree with this prediction, except that I dont think they will actually go as far as to go into the convention in that state. Especially not if one of the two is Warren. Elizabeth Warren cannot afford to be "the one who took down Bernie"... given her base of voters, she'd never win an election again if she I she's branded the traitor who backstabbed Bernie.

Warren would link arms with Bernie and kingmaker him without hesitation if it came down to that (and it likely will)

As a slightly related aside... a Warren canvasser came to my door today... he understandably was a little shocked and visibly optimistic when I opened the door... until I told him I probably wasn't voting for Warren because she was too far behind. ;)

Hey, we can get people who'll do that and will also be good presidents!

Yeah but that would involve not immediately lumping for the worst possible choice just because they put themselves forward

Biden is in the +/- 3% in SC, which is really bad for him. Sanders is right behind and so they may be a few delegates apart. (20, 19?, out of 54?) Then Super Tuesday is what - 3 days later? And Bernie is comfortably in 1st or 2nd place in many of those states? Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia. Then the next Tuesday - more mixed, but depends on who drops out in the next week.

Uh, does this indicate your skepticism that this could be possible?

Skepticism no, merely surprise and a fair bit of amusement.

To be fair the Turks are still occupying Greek soil and have massacred Greeks within living memory.

Yea, but I lecture him about his treatment of r16 on similar pretenses I'm getting onto Tim about so. . .and also my ignorance in this topic is real so I usually don't say much other than we should all be allowed to talk.

Bloodbath in Milwaukee is how that will unfold, if not literal then allegorical for the Democratic Party.

The argument Sanders wont get much of anything thru Congress is actually a selling point for people to his right who agree with him on some things. Congress will keep him in check and if he cant get the more popular stuff thru who could? But what would Bernie do mostly by himself? Watch Wall St for one, pull back on neo-conservative foreign policy and the drug war, and he could further fair trade.

Or we could go with Biden or Bloomberg and sell out to China on trade

@innonimatu - Bloomberg's campaign died at his first debate IMO. His campaign is now being investigated by twitter for abuse of policy and use of bots. The NDA issue is continuing to hurt him and make him look like a creep. It turns out he can't buy his way out of being unlikable.

View attachment 547000

What was that @Kyriakos about the media keeping him down?

Throwback to when I first joined CFC:
Spoiler :

I wish I could deep-fake Sanders face on that meme. No, I don't mean recreate the meme with new footage, I want to deep-fake it for lulz. Paging @Truthy to script the necessary AI.

Edit: More juiciness from their various headline articles:
No clear Sanders alternative emerges
What I'd really like to do is make a Bernie version of this video
Spoiler alt-right memes :

Bloodbath in Milwaukee is how that will unfold, if not literal then allegorical for the Democratic Party.

As I said, too far out to think about, but my first instinct is that the two players race to see who can convince Sanders to make them the VP, with input to moderate his policies, in return for their endorsement, which certainly won't lead to any bloodbath unless the already demonstrably childish throw a tantrum over Sanders "caving to the evil moderates" by not choosing Che Guevara's ghost.

Can Biden be VP again? I don't think anyone would nominate him, I'm just curious what the constitution says on it.

IIRC the limit's on presidents only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom