2020 US Election (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Axios interview video is incredibly bleak - https://twitter.com/axios/status/1290497186489348096
This interview is a perfect example of what I am always saying about how Trump is totally unaccountable to facts, truth, reason, and logic. He does not care in the slightest if what he says makes sense or if its the least bit accurate. He just says whatever self-serving nonsense he can make up at the time and goes with it, knowing that his supporters are just going to go along with it, no matter how ridiculous it is.
When will he announce the VP?

I swear, if he manages to f this up by choosing something entirely insane...
I think he is announcing this week or next week. My money is on Kamala Harris. She just goes along so well with Biden's brand. The last thing he wants is to alienate moderates, as that would go against his entire strategy. The fact that he's essentially boxed in to picking a black woman is probably as far as he is willing to go. He's going to try to go for minimum controversy and maximum name recognition. The former disqualifies Lance-Bottoms and Abrams and the latter disqualifies Rice. I could also see him putting Rice in the Sec of State role.

Oh, but wouldn't a REAL choice be nice...

Yep. Preaching to the choir, bud. Over and over and over and over again. If you don't have any idea how to get us from here to there, why do you keep haranguing us as if we do know (or are expected to) but are simply not executing it?

Actually, wanting a real choice is dangerous extremism and dogmatic thinking

Yep. Preaching to the choir, bud. Over and over and over and over again. If you don't have any idea how to get us from here to there, why do you keep haranguing us as if we do know (or are expected to) but are simply not executing it?

Tell me, please. When has powerlessness to change a fact or gripe about the world ever stopped people from complaining about, or saying it SHOULD be better. The very existence of the majority of threads on this OT forum shows that such griping in powerlessness is rampant.

Actually, wanting a real choice is dangerous extremism and dogmatic thinking

It is extremism, yes, and of a form, for the record, far more antagonistic to status quo (which I have been unfairly and wrongly maligned as a staunch supporter of) than socio-political extremists or radical reformers of all types. But, a desire for real choice is not dogmatic - it's quite the opposite. I think you must have forgotten what the word dogmatic means...

What you show there isn't "undecided voters", but which candidate voters think will win. There's a rather significant difference between the two.

Yes... I did understand that when posting

Those 20% are registred voters who are not sure who wins
despite the clear polls with the Biden lead of 8-9 points

And that 20% went up over the last weeks.

That does not give me the real comfortable feeling that it is done with Trump

Tell me, please. When has powerlessness to change a fact or gripe about the world ever stopped people from complaining about, or saying it SHOULD be better. The very existence of the majority of threads on this OT forum shows that such griping in powerlessness is rampant.

Tell you what?

The majority of threads and posts here (because this place isn't some unmoderated comments page on a news or video site) advance some sort of discussion, not just rehash the same point over and over again.

But this is the last response I will make to you about this, because just as if I was responding to trolling, I'd otherwise become part of the problem anyway.

I think he is announcing this week or next week. My money is on Kamala Harris. She just goes along so well with Biden's brand. The last thing he wants is to alienate moderates, as that would go against his entire strategy. The fact that he's essentially boxed in to picking a black woman is probably as far as he is willing to go. He's going to try to go for minimum controversy and maximum name recognition. The former disqualifies Lance-Bottoms and Abrams and the latter disqualifies Rice. I could also see him putting Rice in the Sec of State role.
I'm not feeling Harris. Her implying Biden is a racist back in the primary is going to be awkward to work around, and we all know the baggage she carries on criminal justice issues / needless flip flopping on M4A.
If Biden wants to go moderate, I'm really feeling Tammy Duckworth. The GOP will really struggle implying she "hates America" given she lost both legs while flying attack helicopters over Iraq - Fox made Tucker Carlson take an entirely planned mid-week vacation when he said she wasn't patriotic. Her politics may tend toward the moderate, but she can also speak convincingly on child care issues -which is going to be big in November with remote schooling- on how hard it was for her to have a baby while a senator and raise a child.
Plus, having a wounded veteran as VP ensures President Bonespurs is going to stick his foot in his mouth like in 2016 where he picked fights with Gold Star families and insulted McCain's POW status.

I get what you're saying & it's an interesting data point, but I might answer "Not sure", too. Biden has a substantial lead. If the vote were held today I'd answer that I think he will win. But there's a lot of time left. Plus Trump's going to pull out every dirty trick & disenfranchisement strategy he can. I can even see people saying they think Trump will win who fervently want to see him defeated.

If I had to guess, I'd say he will choose Rice. She'd make a fine president too.

I'm not feeling Harris. Her implying Biden is a racist back in the primary is going to be awkward to work around, and we all know the baggage she carries on criminal justice issues / needless flip flopping on M4A.
If Biden wants to go moderate, I'm really feeling Tammy Duckworth. The GOP will really struggle implying she "hates America" given she lost both legs while flying attack helicopters over Iraq - Fox made Tucker Carlson take an entirely planned mid-week vacation when he said she wasn't patriotic. Her politics may tend toward the moderate, but she can also speak convincingly on child care issues -which is going to be big in November with remote schooling- on how hard it was for her to have a baby while a senator and raise a child.
Plus, having a wounded veteran as VP ensures President Bonespurs is going to stick his foot in his mouth like in 2016 where he picked fights with Gold Star families and insulted McCain's POW status.

This is a good arguement IMHO.

If I had to guess, I'd say he will choose Rice. She'd make a fine president too.
I don't buy her as VP. Outside of policy wonks (which, let's be honest, all of us are) nobody knows who she is. She doesn't bring anything to Biden's ticket, and only appeals to people who are Good Government policy wonks who already are going to support Biden over His Trumpiness.

Limit your complaining to Trump and the choir will join in

This interview is a perfect example of what I am always saying about how Trump is totally unaccountable to facts, truth, reason, and logic. He does not care in the slightest if what he says makes sense or if its the least bit accurate. He just says whatever self-serving nonsense he can make up at the time and goes with it, knowing that his supporters are just going to go along with it, no matter how ridiculous it is.

While this is true it's the sheer foggy cognition which is just staggering. He's clinging desperately to stuff his lackeys have told him, but can no longer even keep that stuff straight.

Consider that Hillary lost with an even greater advantage in the polls

Consider that Trump and co. absolutely will, with 100% certainty, try to interfere with the election (I mean, they're already trying, with mail-in ballots, but I mean even more sinister)

I don't buy [Rice] as VP. Outside of policy wonks (which, let's be honest, all of us are) nobody knows who she is. She doesn't bring anything to Biden's ticket, and only appeals to people who are Good Government policy wonks who already are going to support Biden over His Trumpiness.
Plus they'll revive the whole Benghazi nonsense against her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom