A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a feature of BtS when holy shrines are not great wonders. One version of RoM 2.91 had a fix in it that returned to the standard BtS format. I had a mod which used to make them GW's again but it does not work with 2.92. I also came up with the logic that needs to be implemented in the C code to do exactly what you (and I) want. I am just (refusing to be) a C programmer again.

Basically what we want to appear for the great prophet is all holy shrines that have not been built but have had their religion founded. With the ones that can be built in this city active and the others inactive. Afforess' current hide function hides all which can't be built in a the current city. The problem then is remembering which ones you have built and which you haven't.

Having an automate build (my) nearest holy shrine would be icing on the cake.:mischief:

Brilliant! I would love to see this...It's not so hard to open the religion box to determine which religions you have as holy cities...the pain is trying to remember if you build holy shrine X or not...

I would even be grateful if if would just hide the ones that have already been built (I can just drag the go-to from City-to-City until I find one pops up...)

UPT might be broken for MP. We seem to get OOS every 10-15 turns or so with UPT on but once we take it off and you can have unlimited again we don't OOS at all.. It's odd too because it worked in 1.73. Maybe 2.92 broke it?

I'm pretty sure I know what broke it, and have changed it back in Beta5, so I'm curious to hear if Beta5 fixes it.

This is a feature of BtS when holy shrines are not great wonders. One version of RoM 2.91 had a fix in it that returned to the standard BtS format. I had a mod which used to make them GW's again but it does not work with 2.92. I also came up with the logic that needs to be implemented in the C code to do exactly what you (and I) want. I am just (refusing to be) a C programmer again.

Basically what we want to appear for the great prophet is all holy shrines that have not been built but have had their religion founded. With the ones that can be built in this city active and the others inactive. Afforess' current hide function hides all which can't be built in a the current city. The problem then is remembering which ones you have built and which you haven't.

Having an automate build (my) nearest holy shrine would be icing on the cake.:mischief:
I can see, but I will be MIA for 2 weeks.

Where are you going? We'll miss our constant data stream of RoM modding :(

Where are you going? We'll miss our constant data stream of RoM modding :(

Vacation :). He really deserve this :D. With this vacation, he should have his mental energies refilled, I believe and we would be awed by his wizardry that will hold us for first six or so months of Civ5. That will allow other hapless players to test the early release while we are comfortably playing an awesome game :lol:.

My super soldiers wont defend cities against lower tech units, probably because they aren't visible? If my city is attacked, my workers are captured, I lose the city, and my super soldiers are kicked out. They also will not recapture the city, they act like units that cannot capture cities, but they have no problem capturing cities that they didn't previously fail to defend.

If I build tunnels out in the ocean I can send land units to them and they will attack/defend water units that occupy them, this makes zero sense. I suppose it is a decent way to defend submerged towns without having to spam otherwise useless boats.

If I send mercenaries into enemy territory over my land it will trigger war, but if they go directly from a transport ship it doesn't. Intentional or not? Even if it is intended all I have to do is sign right of passage and I can send hundreds of hostiles (guerrilla and mercenary) into my rivals land. Seems like I shouldn't be able to unload a stack of transports carrying military troops if all I have is right of passage.

Afforess said:
I can see, but I will be MIA for 2 weeks.

Maybe you'll meet a girl? ;) :blush: ;)

JosEPh

I might have found a workaround for some of the non-repeatable crashes: select "freeze animations" from the graphics options.

A tiny problem using Beta 5, I've got olives on a forested hill, but the icon to build the orchard doesn't appear until after I chop the forest down.

xUPT is broke again. It's impossible to attack a full stack and now I have to use shift to get one of my stacks around around another stack because the path goes straight through the full stack but it won't move.

A tiny problem using Beta 5, I've got olives on a forested hill, but the icon to build the orchard doesn't appear until after I chop the forest down.

xUPT is broke again. It's impossible to attack a full stack and now I have to use shift to get one of my stacks around around another stack because the path goes straight through the full stack but it won't move.

Wrong thread :). Other than that, wait for about two weeks. If you lucky, he will answer before that but if he have time to skim :).

Just started beta5, really liking the changes to improvements, civics, and wonders I've seen so far. I'm no longer compelled to spam cottages. Tree removal, flatland requirements, and tech requirements for improvement upgrades, are great. Still can't find a reason to build watermills though, may need a boost.

State religion $ is a bit high maybe tone it down to 10-15% instead of 25. I'll have to make it to late game to see if super soldiers still don't defend cities against troops that can't see them.

Just started beta5, really liking the changes to improvements, civics, and wonders I've seen so far. I'm no longer compelled to spam cottages. Tree removal, flatland requirements, and tech requirements for improvement upgrades, are great. Still can't find a reason to build watermills though, may need a boost.

State religion $ is a bit high maybe tone it down to 10-15% instead of 25. I'll have to make it to late game to see if super soldiers still don't defend cities against troops that can't see them.

While Afforess is gone, I take on myself to, without anyone prompting me to, remind people to please leave beta reports in beta threads :).

Anyway, I agree! 1.74 is looking to be the greatest release ever since :D!

I have a great MP game going but have a persistent CTD problem around turn 580. Have had this same problem in a normal RoM MP game as well (around v2.71) ... can't figure out what is causing this problem! AAAHHHH! Please help! I have a copy of the auto save from several turns before the error happens, so can upload it or email it if that helps. Also, happy to check some debugging stuff if someone can help walk me through it. Really love A New Dawn and would hate to have to abandon it (and possibly RoM and Civ 4 altogether). Not sure if this is something that is triggered by the completion of a certain tech or building, or by an event, or possibly something else altogether! Please help!

Just a follow up, we are playing with the new victory option 'mastery' enabled, and someone completed the Apostolic Palace, and someone was voted in, but no decisions have come to a vote yet - perhaps this could be the CTD problem? Just trying to think of what would be happening on that same turn every time.....

I downloaded and installed a new dawn and now when i tryto load RoM saves i get a run time error message any idea's?

I downloaded and installed a new dawn and now when I try to load RoM saves I get a run time error message; any ideas?

Your old saved games from vanilla RoM are not compatible with RoM + AND. If you want to continue those games, you'll have to do so without AND. To use RoM + AND you'll need to start a new game.

First off thank you for the mod, i'm having a lot of fun with it :D

However i have a problem with the manhattan project in that its icon is pink and i CTD if i try and build it. I noticed in this thread you suggested it was due to a corrupt installation, however i have follow the instructions in the FAQ to install this 2 times now and both times the pink problem remains. I'd be greatfull for any suggestions on how i can fix this?

Cheers

First off thank you for the mod, i'm having a lot of fun with it :D

However i have a problem with the manhattan project in that its icon is pink and i CTD if i try and build it. I noticed in this thread you suggested it was due to a corrupt installation, however i have follow the instructions in the FAQ to install this 2 times now and both times the pink problem remains. I'd be greatfull for any suggestions on how i can fix this?

Cheers

This sort of problem is often due to corruption in the download file. Did you download the file a second time before doing the new install? Dumb question on my part I know, but someone has to ask them.

This sort of problem is often due to corruption in the download file. Did you download the file a second time before doing the new install? Dumb question on my part I know, but someone has to ask them.

Actualy no i didn't, i just used the previous downloads that where still on my desktop. I'll give that a go tonight though, thanks :)

UPDATE :: This still didn't fix the problem, however i've been able to add the project via the WorldBuilder without crashing and, fingers crossed, all is well so far. :)

Two quick things:

Every time I start a game (any map size, and even lowest gfx settings) I get a very steppy performance while scrolling, zooming, glowing unit disk animation, etc. This happens with BTS as well, since the AND install. Any thoughts?

I also can't install the K or J patch (unless I'm a moron and already did last night). I get a Can't Read PrevInstalledInfo error (PDF attached). Very possible that I installed J and forgot.

CPU:
i7 920@ 2.67
6GB Ram
Win 7 64
Geforce GTX 275
Running ROM 2.91

Attachments

• 1.pdf
    214.3 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom