Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it still called bribery if it is the government that pays the government officials insanely high sums so they won't be corrupt?

Is it still called bribery if it is the government that pays the government officials insanely high sums so they won't be corrupt?

Well, if the group that gives them the high salary gets something in return, a la the good ol' boy system, the "yes." However, if the government officials are being paid a high salary in order to make it uneconomical to take bribes and be openly corrupt, then I am leaning towards "no." The latter depends on the circumstances of the country in question, and of course how high the salaries are, of course.

Well, if the group that gives them the high salary gets something in return, a la the good ol' boy system, the "yes." However, if the government officials are being paid a high salary in order to make it uneconomical to take bribes and be openly corrupt, then I am leaning towards "no." The latter depends on the circumstances of the country in question, and of course how high the salaries are, of course.

The Prime Minister gets more than 1 million something.

haha, do you think Canada isn't corrupt?

Guess how much the govornment officials get payed there. Every govornment is corrupt to some extent.

haha, do you think Canada isn't corrupt?

Guess how much the govornment officials get payed there. Every govornment is corrupt to some extent.
Call it a hunch but I think the "to some extent" differs widely between the greener countries and the redder countries.

A map of a fantasy where the Roman Empire:

1) survived the Germanic invasions
2) survived the Picts and Scots
3) survived the Persians/Parthians
4) Held on to the territories of Trajan
5) Managed to expand over land and sea, becoming a colonial power ever so slowly by reaching the Orient by Sea, thus cutting revenues for the Persian rivals. Colonies are now popping up in the Atlantic and Indian Oceans.

Bright red is the historic Roman Empire, while dark red is the acquired territories.

TF, the bright red is historically inaccurate. :mischief: Below: a reproduction of a Europa Barbarorum campaign that I just finished.

Just because they didn't control it in 117 doesn't mean they never got it - the Basileion Bosphorou was basically destroyed in the late fourth century, but the few coastal cities that held out did so under Roman formal administration. So, they got Crimea too. :p

Everyone HAS to be a Nazi - no offense - about something, and it seems your niche is ancient history. :p :lol:

Well, they still acquire Crimea in the dark red, so does it matter in the end? :lol: Not to mention the über-empire of Central/Eastern Europe... ( I should remove this sentence, since this will possibly invite another epic war over Poland's location... )

On a side note, I now randomly feel like calculating the GDP of all those regions under Roman administration and displaying it, so as to show the massive economy this empire would have if it had survived into the modern day...

Of course, by the late 4th century, it would have been the Eastern Roman Empire. ;)

Who also managed to gain and lose control of parts of Crimea a bunch of times in the Middle Ages.

Of course, by the late 4th century, it would have been the Eastern Roman Empire. ;)
Which is different from the Roman Empire how again?

Um... because... it's uh... Eastern Orthodox Christianity?

Okay, the Western and Eastern halves were mostly the same, but there were a few differences. :p

I'm creating a map of the world at the turn of the 22nd century. I'll keep you posted on that, but i can tell you that it contains a Germanic empire encompassing Poland ;) Note the 'ic' at the end of German.

@TheLastOne:

I smell Großdeutschland! :D

I'd like to point out that the corruption map is primarily one of perception of corruption, not actual corruption. To be fair, corruption's probably extremely hard to measure, given the nature of the beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom