Altered maps IZ: gib clay!

I was looking for a graph node map of Europe, using number of neighbor states, but a quick google provided no result (I am sure there are maps, just didn't find it by looking for Europe map + graph node) so this will have to do :p (it is major transport network nodes)

I am not sure why there is an intersection in Jutland, but no node. Should be Aarhus anyway.

Any idea which connections are included?
I wonder mainly because Frankfurt-Berlin and Marseille-Paris are missing. Dutch connections seem to be accurate (although a lot less direct than it appears).

Any idea which connections are included?
I wonder mainly because Frankfurt-Berlin and Marseille-Paris are missing. Dutch connections seem to be accurate (although a lot less direct than it appears).

I don't know, other than the info at the bottom... It wasn't the map I wanted, as stated ;)

Edit: going by the text below the node map, I have to assume Paris-Marseille just isn't a core network, cause it would potentially link to far fewer stuff than the one on its right. Nodes ( I would expect) are core only if they link to more stuff than any possible alternative (which is why when there is no alternative, you can see nodes that link to just two - not counting absolute end points, which are by definition isolated and thus only link to one).

Last edited:
Weird : IRL the connection between Paris and Le Havre is average at best, but the Paris-Lyon-Marseille lign is the most important one in the country

Weird : IRL the connection between Paris and Le Havre is average at best, but the Paris-Lyon-Marseille lign is the most important one in the country

The map seems to present nodes in core routes in the sense of routes that are paneuropean (or regionaleuropean) not just national :)
Only exceptions seem to be points which are ends of the network.

I heard vaguely about this, but I don't know what it's about
The UK government has announced an internal border that applies to trucks - they aren't allowed enter Kent without a permit (a kermit) if they are going to cross the channel.

This is just a French joke marking Kent as part of France.

Who'd have thought that British people would need a permit to enter Kent, of all places?

Frankly, Hastings, as a symbol of french superiority over England, should be given in perpetuity more than the Dover region ;)

The UK government has announced an internal border that applies to trucks - they aren't allowed enter Kent without a permit (a kermit) if they are going to cross the channel.

This is just a French joke marking Kent as part of France.
Why wouldn't the permit apply to the channel crossing?

A facility for control there sounds way easier than all around kent

Why wouldn't the permit apply to the channel crossing?

A facility for control there sounds way easier than all around kent
The problem isn't particularly in Dover or at the entrance to the channel tunnel, it is on the other side of the channel. The fear is that truckers would head off assuming the paper work would be sorted by the time they arrived in France. Any mistakes or gaps would clog up the French customs in no time and further trucks wouldn't be allowed arrive, quickly clogging up Dover and the approaches to it leading to this:

The only material preparations the UK have made for ripping up 38 years of economic integration has been to build truck parks using emergency legislation and make truckers responsible for paperwork.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54260470

Last edited:
They forgot to mention [Australia] has more or less the population of Romania ;)
Methinks this is what inspired What we do in the Shadows.

They're both pretty terribly wrong.

Whatever we can say about what a map would have looked like back then already makes it hopeless to draw modern borders on them. I wish people would just stop doing that

. The fear is that truckers would head off assuming the paper work would be sorted by the time they arrived in France.
Just a rule to have the paperwork sorted in the english side of the channel still seems to me easier than all around Kent.

I get that the channel is like a narrower chokepoint, but it seems a lot easier to slip by the kent border that it stil would be more sensical to do it there

I was looking for a graph node map of Europe, using number of neighbor states, but a quick google provided no result (I am sure there are maps, just didn't find it by looking for Europe map + graph node) so this will have to do :p (it is major transport network nodes)

I am not sure why there is an intersection in Jutland, but no node. Should be Aarhus anyway.

I saw by chance the source of this map yesterday, it is expected for 2030
The Atlantic corridor entering Spain across the Basque country is simply irreal and laughable.
The "basque Y", the high speed train, was to be ended in 2023, currently has a delay of 13 years and an overcost of 39%.
A delay of another 15 years was expected in the PreCOVID times.
Basque and Spanish Governments distributed the parts that should be defrayed by each one, but no one is fullfilling and project has been used as electoral claim in all elections in last 10 years. Media opens almost every year with news saying "final agreement will relaunch high speed train works!!"
We have a beautifull monument to unfinished train works rigth now.

I saw by chance the source of this map yesterday, it is expected for 2030
The Atlantic corridor entering Spain across the Basque country is simply irreal and laughable.
The "basque Y", the high speed train, was to be ended in 2023, currently has a delay of 13 years and an overcost of 39%.
A delay of another 15 years was expected in the PreCOVID times.
Basque and Spanish Governments distributed the parts that should be defrayed by each one, but no one is fullfilling and project has been used as electoral claim in all elections in last 10 years. Media opens almost every year with news saying "final agreement will relaunch high speed train works!!"
We have a beautifull monument to unfinished train works rigth now.

Reminds me of the underground railway here. Every next year it is supposed to be operational.

don't worry ı have all sorts of preparations to let everybody in the world to live in Turkey , only expanded to its natural borders .

Top Bottom