Altered Maps XII: Not to Scale

Awwww, I love it. :love:

Nice map, Winner!

The German monster is wearing what looks vaguely like the crown of the HRE.

Winner and Kyriakos' maps are brilliant.

That map is not correct. Twice Born has a 7.4 rating while oscar winner No Man's Land (Bosnian movie, with Bosnian actors, filmed in Bosnia) has 8.0

The Danish title refers to a different film than the English version of the Danish title. :hmm:

Regarding the map about the films, it seems it was made largely as a trolling map :/
I have not even heard of the film supposedly named as top rated and linked to Greece. I expected something along the lines of the usual blown-up boring films like Zorba or Guns of Navarone, or with some luck a somewhat more decent film like Corelli's mandolin.
But yeah, the film they named on that map is not even heard of by myself, and from it's title i have to suppose it is utter trash.

The best film in Spain isn't the pawn's labyrinth in any way either..
Spanish film during franco is best film. The small censorship by the regime actually caused that the directors made their movies very intelligent and full of subtle messages that implied the regime was bad, but impossible to actually prove.

:/

I now checked what the movie linked to Greece was. It was some dumb 1960s comedy with a different name, and a stupid piece of trash anyway. Even with its other name it was never regarded as even one of the "better" comedies/films of that era (which means that it was crap next to other utter crap too).
A trolling map, indeed.

So, if they would go by fame/box office, then the boring Zorba or equally boring Guns of Navarone. Otherwise Corelli's, or (for more high-brow work) something like this:

Link to video..

Top Bottom