Appropriate reactions

Just found out my ex voted for Trump. I'm not sure how I feel about her now. She's still my friend. But it's shocking a latina could even vote for Trump, but her step dad is real conservative, so it shouldn't be a shocker. She felt he may help get the country back in shape. But the country was never out of shape in my opinion. She's making the most money she has ever have in her life, and I too am making the most money I ever have in my life. I know money isn't everything, but it's a sign of doing well.

So what do you do about family members/significant others who voted for Trump?

Shun them obviously. Or just kill them.

The real picture being: "The modern left is hypocritical morally bankrupt trash."

Which translates to: Ziggy is hypocritical morally bankrupt trash. Because Ziggy is modern, Ziggy is left.

No, which translates to - they are and evidently the voters thought so too.

Reality exists.

I am speaking about how the left behaves as a group, not on an individual basis. I haven't singled out anyone here personally. I don't know what your beliefs are and the only one who'd know if my statement applies to you personally would be you.

Last edited:
Good Morning America!

Time to remember why states' rights and limited federal powers are important. The Democrats just got flogged for not listening to their Tea Party. If you live in a healthy state, please help run those furnaces of democracy. Prohibition and minimum wage initiatives did well yesterday.

Oh, that's important now is it?

You guys sure didn't think so the last 8 years.

I'm not talking about the currency. Not in a humorous mood right now.
You got a bone to pick with me? Don’t like me being humerus? Don’t go and get out your knife and scaupula me for trying to be funny. I’m not trying to strong arm you, but humor is a valid and healthy coping mechanism, so maybe you should welcome the occasional elbow to the ribs.

Oh, that's important now is it?

You guys sure didn't think so the last 8 years.

Orly? And exactly who do you think you're quoting there?

Not incorrect, just unknown. And the difference between an opinion and a tantrum should be pretty clear. Saying "I think Trump will be harmful to the US because..." would be expressing an opinion. Saying "OMG Trump won I'm leaving the country!!!!!" is throwing a tantrum.

So it's about the manner of expression more than the content, i.e. it would be okay to say, "Trump won, this will in all likelihood be quite negative for me personally, so therefore I am going to move to another country", just so long as that isn't embellished with OMG and exclamation points?

So it's about the manner of expression more than the content, i.e. it would be okay to say, "Trump won, this will in all likelihood be quite negative for me personally, so therefore I am going to move to another country", just so long as that isn't embellished with OMG and exclamation points?

Kinda. It's more of I'm getting sick and tired of people spouting off while they are still in a highly emotional state. Nobody waits until they have calmed down and actually sat down and thought about a situation before commenting on it.

Definitely anyone who is claiming they'll move to another country, but hasn't actually thought about and begun preparing for all the hard work that will involve, can be safely ignored. It's understandable that people will make emotional statements after an upset loss in something so high-stakes, though. I'd say we should just put up with those sorts of comments for the next few days but not engage them unless they're interesting or show signs of being serious.

Kinda. It's more of I'm getting sick and tired of people spouting off while they are still in a highly emotional state. Nobody waits until they have calmed down and actually sat down and thought about a situation before commenting on it.
It seems a bit automatonistic, though, to decry emotional responses immediately following a shocking political loss, as if people should feel bad about feeling bad. I mean, surely it's not a bad thing for people to express their emotions.

When you have 2 complete *&**#@$%s running for president don't be too surprised if one of them wins. The amount of folks who are thanking their lucky stars that Donald Trump is president elect might not be as great as you think. Same if Hillary had won, would a lot of people be glad that she was president? No. As I see the situation as it stands many are now very glad that Hillary is not president, as am I. If she had won then many would be glad that Trump would not be president, as I would have been. Regarding folks gloating over either outcome, there are some certainly. Give them time to realize that their wish has come true in the case of Trump. The nation was screwed either way, so why take part? Its much better to go tie one on. This was like a horse race where if your horse wins you get nothing, the country gets nothing, so why bother placing a bet?

I'll tell you how Trump got where he is. Clinton represented the establishment, and that's a fact left leaning people have a hard time getting their heads around. Nixon was the establishment, a repug, the left was the answer to t h a t mess. Now unless you are an absolute leftist zombie lever puller you have accepted that your candidate was as dirty as they get. Hillary Corruption Clinton vs the big, heartless bastard. So why did the BHB win? He's not part of the establishment. For a long time there I was saying the only person that could make Hillary look good was Donald Trump. After the FBI that changed a tad. The only person that could make Donald Trump look good is Hillary Clinton. Either way there was all the reason in the world to vote against someone, and I never do that. Give me someone to vote for or screw off with your moralizing about voting. I did not vote and I'm proud of it. So an appropriate reaction is shell shocked boredom either way. In the end I got to watch a video of those spoiled leftist brats marching down the street in Berkeley chanting "Not my president!" So okay, that's nice and a wonderful thing to watch, but really, Donald Trump is to be president of the United States of America.

****. <---- Appropriate reaction.

I did not vote and I'm proud of it.
****. <---- Appropriate reaction.

I was a bit worried since you had not posted for a while, what with the current war on drugs going on in the Philippines. Not to mention Philippines police force attempt to frame an Australian citizen for some reason
I see why voter turn out was so low for democrats. Hillary had too much baggage and so the Trump won because I assume he was more acceptable to Republicans

Stay safe my friend

Canada, please please don't. The Americans crossing the border are not the ones causing the looniness in the U.S..
How about we take your sane people and you can have our Trump-loving Reformacons? A lot of them are still whining, a year later, about the Liberal win last year, and they've been utterly nauseating in cheering Trump on and gloating on the comment boards. Then, when things get sorted out (hopefully) in the next election, you can have them back - if they want to come back. You can keep ours, though.

No, I'm sticking by what I said. War and stuff does NOT happen slowly. Everything is fine one day and then, wham!
Actually, I'm reasonably sure that people don't just wake up one morning and decide "Let's have a war" and make it happen before the breakfast is finished cooking.

We just elected a guy who openly praised Saddam Hussein for executing suspected terrorists without trial...
And he will be replacing a guy who killed a 16-year old American citizen without trial just because of who his father was. If I had a son he would look like Abdulrahman.

I was a bit worried since you had not posted for a while, what with the current war on drugs going on in the Philippines. Not to mention Philippines police force attempt to frame an Australian citizen for some reason
I see why voter turn out was so low for democrats. Hillary had too much baggage and so the Trump won because I assume he was more acceptable to Republicans

Stay safe my friend

Ya Friendly, its an interesting place to live. :D Like pitching your tent down range. Lovely people the Filipinos, most friendly folks I've met in all my travels. Their president will be the first president of any nation to declare the war on drugs won, and that day is coming. Thousands of pushers dead in the streets, I'm not going to cry. The drug trade and its corruption was destroying this lovely country, and now the country is pushing back in the form of one "Duterte Harry". On the flip side he hates America and really doesn't love Americans. He said that Americans are "Not bright" and Asians have to do everything for us. Of well... He's planting Marcos in the heroes cemetery, oh well. He's turning to China to defend us from...China I guess. Its a plan, but oh well. He can do whatever he wants, he could make it open season on Americans, in which case I hope they send a real marksman, or someone totally ignorant of which end the bullet comes out of. :dunno: I believe it will be a safe place to send my kids to school and college, and what's that worth?

Regarding the Trump win, I hope he gives me a reason to vote next go round. If he brings home the jobs, creates a circumstance where the industries that the 1% sent to other countries will come home, then I likely will. That 1% is why he won, too many of the other 99% knew who their candidate was, and voted against her. Is he also their candidate? Doubt it, they fought him too hard. If he were a politician I'd say there's no chance he'll bring home jobs. It really depends on whether they put a pod under his bed right off or actually let his ideas run. Consider what the 1% might not have thought about while glorifying their portfolios and salivating over their bottom lines. If you send all the real workers jobs to China etc, they lose their jobs and quit paying taxes. The filthy rich then have to pay more or the country goes 20 trillion into debt. Then those ex workers go on the public dole, and who will pay them then? So its a mess, and only real workers in real jobs can fix it. They voted him in. If if if. If he brings the jobs home, I'll vote for him next go round. The rust belt gets Rustoleum, new machines fired up run by tax paying American workers in American factories. Hope, right? With Hillary there was no hope, not really, so she lost. On the flip side I hope he doesn't build that idiotic wall.

Good to be back Friendly. I left not because of Duterte, but because of a thread where people were advocating some pretty perverse stuff which is and should remain history, and the forum wasn't standing up to it. I'm back...but I dunno why. Likely won't be here too long, but I just don't know. Thanks for your post Friendly. There are folks here I missed, and you are one of them. All the best amigo! :D

Last edited:
If you disappear again, where will we get our fresh pizza?

Top Bottom