Better Trade Screen

Better Trade Screen - Gathering Storm update released! 4.4

Thanks! Great mod.

Would be also nice to see time when route will be finished. (e.g. turns left)
I have been testing this for the past few days, and it has been annoying me. The trader does not take the shortest path to the destination. Since he needs to "renew" his movement at trading posts, he passes through cities not along his shortest path. That means the actual distance he travels is not the absolute distance between the origin city and the destination city. The game does not tell you what path he takes, so there is no way to know before beginning the route how many turns it takes to end the route. Since the trader makes two stops at the destination city, is a close approximation but not the correct amount of turns. What you could do is trace the path a trade takes for the first trip, and then find the remaining turns. ( Edit: The game tells you this, by calling the function tradeManager:GetTradeRoutePath() and then just finding the length of this table -1. The number of trips the trader makes, is still confusing to me, and I need to test that more. I will edit this post once I figure that out.)

Last edited:
Using you mod, and I relly like it!

Another suggestion, but not sure if it isn't already on your change list (or even implemented into newest version):
what I missed so far, is to sort by city name. On left side panel, as well as on the right side panel.

love this mod is it possible to speed up the loading time of the screen when you don't have any filters on though? sometimes it can take up to 10 sec+

Using you mod, and I relly like it!

Another suggestion, but not sure if it isn't already on your change list (or even implemented into newest version):
what I missed so far, is to sort by city name. On left side panel, as well as on the right side panel.
Great suggestion! I will implement that into my next version.

love this mod is it possible to speed up the loading time of the screen when you don't have any filters on though? sometimes it can take up to 10 sec+
I was facing a similar problem especially late game on a huge map and going wide, since all the possible combinations of trade routes is quite high. I have improved the performance in my next version, and I am experimenting with something that can fix this issue.

I have been testing this for the past few days, and it has been annoying me. The trader does not take the shortest path to the destination. Since he needs to "renew" his movement at trading posts, he passes through cities not along his shortest path. That means the actual distance he travels is not the absolute distance between the origin city and the destination city. The game does not tell you what path he takes, so there is no way to know before beginning the route how many turns it takes to end the route. Since the trader makes two stops at the destination city,
Code:
4 * Absolute_Distance_between_cities(cityA, cityB)
is a close approximation but not the correct amount of turns. What you could do is trace the path a trade takes for the first trip, and then find the remaining turns.

Seems like it's distanceToDestination*4 for foreign cities (or for city states cuz i didn't rly test it with another civilizations) and distanceToDestination * 6 for your cities. But can't say 100% since it takes a lot of time for tests. Maybe will test more tomorrow. Tried to make massive with route's starting turn and then just: "starting_turn[route] + destitanion*4 - current_turn". But this way u will lose all data from massive after reload save. (still better than w/o that information tho)

Apparently I completely missed this function
Code:
tradeManager:GetTradeRoutePath()
This function returns the trade route path, which is exactly what I was looking for. I'll do more tests on how many trips the trader makes based on domestic vs international, and if game speed varies it. But definitely the next version I should have accurate info on how many turns the trade route will take.

Last edited:
So I implemented the changes to do with grouping and hiding from your faqs, but neither of them work in game? :(

So I implemented the changes to do with grouping and hiding from your faqs, but neither of them work in game? :(
I just tested it and it seems to work for me. Can you tell me the line number you changed? And also what you changed. For example, below is what it looks like if you enable grouping by players.

Spoiler Image :

Is there a way to add trade deals length remaining (eg, I trade Silver to someone for 30 turns for x GPT).

Currently, I don't see anywhere it tells you how many turns left you have on a trade deal.

Is there a way to add trade deals length remaining (eg, I trade Silver to someone for 30 turns for x GPT).

Currently, I don't see anywhere it tells you how many turns left you have on a trade deal.
That is a diplomatic trade, and technically this mod is not meant to address that part of UI.

I think i found a bug? First time using the mod.
I just started a multiplayer game (LAN) and around turn 20 had a trade route going (goodie hut). Sent the trade route to a citystate with 8 turns for the trade.
Now around turn 50, i have had yet had the ability to change the route. Seems to be stuck there and no options i see to change routes

I think i found a bug? First time using the mod.
I just started a multiplayer game (LAN) and around turn 20 had a trade route going (goodie hut). Sent the trade route to a citystate with 8 turns for the trade.
Now around turn 50, i have had yet had the ability to change the route. Seems to be stuck there and no options i see to change routes
The vanilla Civ 6 gives incorrect information for the amount of turns for trade. Here 8 refers to the absolute distance between your city and the destination city.

The vanilla Civ 6 gives incorrect information for the amount of turns for trade. Here 8 refers to the absolute distance between your city and the destination city.

So that would be mean 16 turns it should end and let me renew to a new location? I am already past that time frame.
Well this is my 2nd game, and 1st game with the mod. I will follow up next week when we move on with the game.

Thanks!

Top Bottom