Better Trade Screen

Better Trade Screen - Gathering Storm update released! 4.4

Looking into feedback on how this looks:

It allows for better readability, but how do you all think it looks?

YES. This is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't encounter the issues Laurana Kanan spoke of. Thank you so much for making the change.

YES. This is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't encounter the issues Laurana Kanan spoke of. Thank you so much for making the change.
Alright. v2.1 coming up!

Looking into feedback on how this looks:
It allows for better readability, but how do you all think it looks?
Spoiler :

The collapsible menu headers for Germany are difficult to see, otherwise I think it looks great! Looking again at the current screen in-game I noticed that it's only if it's an internal German trade route that the cities become illegible, whether under the "My Routes" or "Available Routes" tabs.

@Laurana Kanan @RyansPlace I added a backdrop, changed the opacity. What to do you all think? (Looks better in-game than it does in this screenshot)

The problem with coloring the headers is some civs (like Kongo) have colors that don't work well. So I needed to add a texture to make their label readable.

@Laurana Kanan @RyansPlace I added a backdrop, changed the opacity. What to do you all think? (Looks better in-game than it does in this screenshot)
Spoiler :

The problem with coloring the headers is some civs (like Kongo) have colors that don't work well. So I needed to add a texture to make their label readable.
@astog I think that looks much better! :thumbsup: Really appreciate your attention to this.

This looks good. Now hurry and release it. I'm binging election civ tonight!

One other request. When you get time, could you release a tutorial on modding CIV VI's UI? That would be handy.

Last edited:
Bug report: sorting by yield between turns can crash the game, at least from my testing in the Available Routes screen, unsure if this is also true for other menus

Bug report: sorting by yield between turns can crash the game, at least from my testing in the Available Routes screen, unsure if this is also true for other menus
Yeah, I got that too. Need to investigate what is causing that. Thanks for confirming it though

@astog I can cause it pretty consistently on this save (you'll need the latest CQUI downloaded to use the save). Just pass the turn and click the yield sorts while the AI takes its turn, it usually only takes once or twice to trip it

Do you know why I can't see any trade route screens while using this mod?
I built a trader, and when I try to send it to a city, the screen on the left doesn't open.
The same happens when I try to transfer it to another city.
And of course, the main trade screen on the right doesn't open, too.

I extracted the files to the mods folder, and checked the V on additional content.
I know that it doesn't tell a lot, so just tell me if I can upload some files or if I miss something.

Do you know why I can't see any trade route screens while using this mod?
I built a trader, and when I try to send it to a city, the screen on the left doesn't open.
The same happens when I try to transfer it to another city.
And of course, the main trade screen on the right doesn't open, too.

I extracted the files to the mods folder, and checked the V on additional content.
I know that it doesn't tell a lot, so just tell me if I can upload some files or if I miss something.
Are you running any other mods? Try clearing the cache: Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Cache.

If that does not work, upload the save and I'll take a look at it.

@astog I can cause it pretty consistently on this save (you'll need the latest CQUI downloaded to use the save). Just pass the turn and click the yield sorts while the AI takes its turn, it usually only takes once or twice to trip it

The problem maybe either a timeout within lua, or plain bug when calling DLL functions in between turns. I could block the panel from opening so that at least the game does not crash.

Are you running any other mods? Try clearing the cache: Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Cache.

If that does not work, upload the save and I'll take a look at it.

Clearing cache didn't fix it.
I uploaded a save with a trader waiting for you in the capital ;)
Thanks

Attachments

• Trade Screen Test.Civ6Save
    177.9 KB · Views: 112
Is there some reason trade route times are so long? I feel like they're much longer than in vanilla

Is there some reason trade route times are so long? I feel like they're much longer than in vanilla

I wrote this guide, that explains how long trade routes take. My mod, does not alter the amount of turns to complete the route, so that guide still applies.

Top Bottom