Biden's corruption

Well, I asked because I knew literally nothing about the whole affair nor surrounding circumstances.
Some googling found me a report on this and yes, it stinks. Not sure whether it is enough to be criminal, but it certainly reflects poorly on Biden. That said... he could have five equally corrupt sons and I'd still find him lesser evil in comparison to Trump.

If every election is just a "lesser evil," choice between two rotten groups of unrepentant, murderous, lying, corrupt, power-abusive high criminals, traitors, and servants of plutocrats, then maybe, as I often say, it's time for the American people to exercise their right as the sole source, along with the States, of all legitimacy and empowerment of U.S. Government - by Constitutional Statement - and remove the criminal and treasonous Duopoly from their position of soft tyranny and replace them with electoral contenders who actually have a chance of accountability, transparency, and giving a damn about the common people and the legal limits on their power. Every choice being a "lesser of two evils," eventually should reveal, very clearly, that the system is obviously "evil," to the core and should stop being tolerated and supported eventually. Wouldn't anyone here with any integrity and clarity of vision think so?

A substantive complaint about the Biden administration would be people he's tapped for cabinet-level positions - there are some very concerning picks for the cabinet. There is also reporting on Biden pressuring Democrats to water down the covid relief bill to get a compromise, which I think is a somewhat worrying portent.

The topic of your OP, on the other hand, is just right-wing garbage, there is nothing more to it than Trump and some henchmen accusing the Bidens of what they'd have done if they'd been Biden's position.

No. That Biden's son was in the paysheet of an ukranian oligarch as a form of buying favors from the VP is the inescapable conclusion of looking at the situation and asking what was Biden jr being paid for?

That you - meaning people like you who usually hold a stance against corrupt politicians and oligarchs - refuse to ask that and pretend to see no evil is precisely the think that stinks the most here. The claim that "it was the opponents saying it, it must be false" does not hold water. A broken clock will be correct twice a day.

The kind of people he has tapped for political jobs can only come as a surprise for you if you refuse to evaluate his character prior to the election. And from your answer above I can see that you are still still in denial. Mark my words and hopefully we'll both be around to check them: Biden's presidency will cause more harm to your country's population that Trump has managed in the last 4 years. Because even the mostly token "left" opposition is now into self-censorship, when not actually collecting for selling out.

That you - meaning people like you who usually hold a stance against corrupt politicians and oligarchs - refuse to ask that and pretend to see no evil is precisely the think that stinks the most here. The claim that "it was the opponents saying it, it must be false" does not hold water. A broken clock will be correct twice a day..

People like you are outraged over what 200K ? and are silent when the amount 1.28Billion that Kushner received.
This is just like Benghazi, I guess 4 deaths are a tragedy and 500,000 deaths are just a statistic.

Democrats launch probe into Kushner's 666 Fifth Ave bailout
More than a year later, Kushner received a $1.28 billion bailout from Brookfield, which purchased the ground lease beneath the tower

Last edited:
No. That Biden's son was in the paysheet of an ukranian oligarch as a form of buying favors from the VP is the inescapable conclusion of looking at the situation and asking what was Biden jr being paid for?

That you - meaning people like you who usually hold a stance against corrupt politicians and oligarchs - refuse to ask that and pretend to see no evil is precisely the think that stinks the most here. The claim that "it was the opponents saying it, it must be false" does not hold water. A broken clock will be correct twice a day.

The kind of people he has tapped for political jobs can only come as a surprise for you if you refuse to evaluate his character prior to the election. And from your answer above I can see that you are still still in denial. Mark my words and hopefully we'll both be around to check them: Biden's presidency will cause more harm to your country's population that Trump has managed in the last 4 years. Because even the mostly token "left" opposition is now into self-censorship, when not actually collecting for selling out.

witnessing corruption and knowing what the corruption was about is important. I grant you this was corruption but by all appearances the Biden's took these guys for a ride? Is there any evidence that the president elect served these oligarchs anything is return? because the appearance on the face of it is he did not as far as I've read. I have no issue with further review of it, but it will require a special touch to handle this, as it will inevitably turn into a political toy but that should be minimized.

witnessing corruption and knowing what the corruption was about is important. I grant you this was corruption but by all appearances the Biden's took these guys for a ride? Is there any evidence that the president elect served these oligarchs anything is return? because the appearance on the face of it is he did not as far as I've read. I have no issue with further review of it, but it will require a special touch to handle this, as it will inevitably turn into a political toy but that should be minimized.

When will you be ready to throw aside the partisan blinders and see that D.C. is run by crooks and liars in totality across the aisle, and is called, "the Swamp," advisedly? How long, and how much, will it take before you see the grim truth?

That Biden's son was in the paysheet of an ukranian oligarch as a form of buying favors from the VP is the inescapable conclusion of looking at the situation and asking what was Biden jr being paid for?

I don't agree. Corporate boards basically exist as makework programs for rich people. There is nothing unusual or notable about Biden's relationship with the Ukrainian oligarch, even if we can agree that in a better world it never would have happened.

I don't agree. Corporate boards basically exist as makework programs for rich people. There is nothing unusual or notable about Biden's relationship with the Ukrainian oligarch, even if we can agree that in a better world it never would have happened.

Is there any evidence that biden junior ever did any significant (make) work for his fee?

Attended meetings, reviewed project plans, analised financials, commented on board papers etc?

If there is not, then I'd conclude that it was a bribe disguised as makework. .

remove the criminal and treasonous Duopoly
You needn't convince me. I haven't envied Americans since, uh... the 90s.
I'm certainly no fan of US two-party system
People like you are outraged over what 200K ? and are silent when the amount 1.28Billion that Kushner received.
When your leaders can be bought, wouldn't you at least prefer that they're expensive?:mischief:

This is just like Benghazi, I guess 4 deaths are a tragedy and 500,000 deaths are just a statistic.

I don't need to point out the corruption within Trump's family: it's widely acknowledged.

You know that Trump joke about him killing someone on 6th avenue and getting way with it? Because his supporters would refuse to see any wrong. The problem is that Biden's are doing it also. That should be pointed out even if it is unpopular here.

Main selling point of Biden was that he doesn't appear as corrupt as Trump. Main selling point of Trump in 2016 was that he didn't appear a corrupt as Hillary. And so on...

By giving one corrupt, decrepit warmonger a pass because you think that your only other choice is worse means enabling this vicious spiral. They have no reason to actually start doing something good for people as long as this goes on, because they won't profit from it.

By enabling a method of picking president through campaign of mass hypnosis, we get what we deserve. The fattest cat pays a bunch of energetic citizens to paint his or her preferred name on a banner, so they run around town all day, screaming. If we agree this is democratic, then shouldn’t act surprised when individual, whose defining traits are greed, money and/or connections gets elected and proceeds to get even more money and better connections.

Shouldn’t we be talking about meritocratic procedures? That’s right, we shouldn’t. Obviously, picking individual for the job based on his merits is so outdated and Greek that I feel guilty proposing it.

So, corruption becomes acceptable once it reaches an institutional and rote level of repetitiveness, as opposed to shocking, brazen displays?

By enabling a method of picking president through campaign of mass hypnosis, we get what we deserve. The fattest cat pays a bunch of energetic citizens to paint his or her preferred name on a banner, so they run around town all day, screaming. If we agree this is democratic, then shouldn’t act surprised when individual, whose defining traits are greed, money and/or connections gets elected and proceeds to get even more money and better connections.

Shouldn’t we be talking about meritocratic procedures? That’s right, we shouldn’t. Obviously, picking individual for the job based on his merits is so outdated and Greek that I feel guilty proposing it.

Well the Greeks were the ones that came up with the democracy thing, too. But I'm curious, what sorts of meritocratic procedures are you thinking about?

Well the Greeks were the ones that came up with the democracy thing, too. But I'm curious, what sorts of meritocratic procedures are you thinking about?

People actually remembering and paying attention to what the candidates did in the past, and understanding that they have more than two choices, should be a good start. One of the principles of democracy is that people, by the means of the vote, are supposed to act as a check on the politicians, to prevent them from acting against the will of the people.

People actually remembering and paying attention to what the candidates did in the past, and understanding that they have more than two choices, should be a good start. One of the principles of democracy is that people, by the means of the vote, are supposed to act as a check on the politicians, to prevent them from acting against the will of the people.

While I'm not a fan of two parties being dominant (and desperately want IRV to spread out more), the people do have more than two choices, that is what primaries are about.

Can't see why that wouldn't work. :crazyeye:
It's almost like forming economic policies based on the assumption of rational agents.

While I'm not a fan of two parties being dominant (and desperately want IRV to spread out more), the people do have more than two choices, that is what primaries are about.

No. Primaries give little more than illusion of choice. The last two Democratic primaries have shown that very clearly.

Can't see why that wouldn't work. :crazyeye:
It's almost like forming economic policies based on the assumption of rational agents.

Democracy is the worst political system in the world, except for those that have already been tried.

No. Primaries give little more than illusion of choice. The last two Democratic primaries have shown that very clearly.

Democracy is the worst political system in the world, except for those that have already been tried.
Better find a new one then, because the sham one you have is a farce.

Better find a new one then, because the sham one you have is a farce.

That's because the United States is not truly a Democracy. Alexander Hamilton and his personal contempt for the competence of the common voter and his fear of populists (heh!) and James Madison's insistence that Slave States not be easily outvoted because of smaller numbers of eligible voters (heh!) got integral clauses entrenched into the U.S. Constitution that has allowed later vulture-like institutions of corruption and soft-tyranny to easily rig elections, solidify undue control, steal choice, and get away with monstrous violations of law, justice, and common ethics because the only other choice does those things, too.

And I, too, don't live in the U.S. - but just over their only northern land border...

Top Bottom