Biden's corruption

Supposing such payments are a fact, what makes them a bribe?

What, he was hired out of the kindness of the oligarch's heard? Or for his valuable knowledge of the natural gas industry in Ukraine?

Its very common corruption, almost petty in scale compared to many other examples. Which is to say no one is finding it shocking. I'm more interested in the cognitive dissonance at work in complaining about corruption from one party but not seeing it from the other.

As for talking about it helping trump do some coup, no way. He may be playing still for his base but there's no way he's keeping the job.

What, he was hired out of the kindness of the oligarch's heard? Or for his valuable knowledge of the natural gas industry in Ukraine?

Its very common corruption, almost petty in scale compared to many other examples. Which is to say no one is finding it shocking. I'm more interested in the cognitive dissonance at work in complaining about corruption from one party but not seeing it from the other.

As for talking about it helping trump do some coup, no way. He may be playing still for his base but there's no way he's keeping the job.

A substantive complaint about the Biden administration would be people he's tapped for cabinet-level positions - there are some very concerning picks for the cabinet. There is also reporting on Biden pressuring Democrats to water down the covid relief bill to get a compromise, which I think is a somewhat worrying portent.

The topic of your OP, on the other hand, is just right-wing garbage, there is nothing more to it than Trump and some henchmen accusing the Bidens of what they'd have done if they'd been Biden's position.

Seeing as the threads on the election are old news, the election is done I'm thinking that now it is allowed to talk about this?

Most media is pretending nothing happened of course. But it's getting reported anyway.

In the US there's a justice for the powerful, connected one and one for the plebs, everyone knows. The Bidens will not have to worry, hell Joe will soon be able to pardon his son and himself.

I think that understanding will slowly settle, during 2021, that nothing was changed for the better with this election in the US... in fact very little was changed at all.

It would be dreadful if the next lot of US legislators tied themselves up in legal knots and didn't get much done. :lol:

A divided federal appeals court has upheld the power of legislators in the House minority to demand records from the executive branch.
However, the ruling from the appeals court could set a precedent that lasts for years or even decades, upholding the rarely used power
of the House minority to compel the release of information that the Oversight Committee majority may not wish to seek.

In the upcoming Congress, that power would accrue to Republicans on the panel as they make inquiries about Biden and his administration.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/29/appeals-court-subpoena-power-house-451913

Billy Carter took $200,000 from the Libyans and all they got in return was becoming a punchline.

Have I any reason to suspect Hunter isn’t the same, just dressed like Gordon Gekko?

I'm sure we can rely on The American Conservative for neutral and fact-filled reporting on this issue.

I'd be happy to talk about Biden's corruption, but the only thing you linked was the laptop conspiracy.

It has the nice story development of Rudy Giuliani infiltrating the FBI to acquire the laptop. There is nothing this man cannot do.

The laptop is pure fabrication on the part of conservatives. Do you have a reason to suspect corruption, or are you only going to parrot fascist lies as if you believed them?

A Whataoutism thread to divert us from Trump's ongoing collapse. :p

Yeah. No one has talked about the laptop here.

Wasn't allowed

yes
step by step

From Dutch national news:

I'm kind of surprised Inno would go for the Trump-bogus-sock-puppet distraction stuff about Hunter Biden here?

Joe Biden after all has REAL dirt on him from a looong career in public service:
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/11/biden-bankruptcy-president/

The Hunter-Biden-BS-red-herring stuff seems popular with Trump because he apparently understands it (unlike the problem with bankruptcy laws favouring business) because it's personal and about attacking family, which resonates with Trump.

There's really no point talking about Biden's son's alleged corruption without looking at the corruption from Trump and his family. The allegations against Biden's son are just a distract from Trump's rampant corruption. A classic case of "look over there".

As soon as Trump leaves, we'll soon be seeing more information about how corrupt Trump really is and how foolish the American people were in voting for him in 2016.

'cause a democrat did it.

Of course he's corrupt, and can't be trusted, and will thoroughly abuse power and lie to the American people. He was elected U.S. President on a Duopoly Party ticket.

Of course he's corrupt, and can't be trusted, and will thoroughly abuse power and lie to the American people. He was elected U.S. President on a Duopoly Party ticket.
FTFY The first sentence is true. The second is unrelated.

FTFY The first sentence is true. The second is unrelated.

Not statistically. 100% of U.S. Presidents since WW2 match the first sentence's statement. However, note that 100% of U.S. Presidents since WW2 match the second as well. One could ALMOST give Carter a by, but his inaction and inability to get anything done ENABLED those traits to run rampant in "the Swamp."

Main selling point of Biden was that he doesn't appear as corrupt as Trump. Main selling point of Trump in 2016 was that he didn't appear a corrupt as Hillary. And so on...

By giving one corrupt, decrepit warmonger a pass because you think that your only other choice is worse means enabling this vicious spiral. They have no reason to actually start doing something good for people as long as this goes on, because they won't profit from it.

Main selling point of Biden was that he doesn't appear as corrupt as Trump. Main selling point of Trump in 2016 was that he didn't appear a corrupt as Hillary. And so on...

By giving one corrupt, decrepit warmonger a pass because you think that your only other choice is worse means enabling this vicious spiral. They have no reason to actually start doing something good for people as long as this goes on, because they won't profit from it.

The key words are, "doesn't appear." A career U.S. Senator for 36 years and Vice-President for 8 years vs. a flamboyant, amoral businessman, public figure, and reality star for 40-or-so-years are both VERY strong backgrounds to assume a LOT of corrupt baggage being accumulated, frankly. Making a comparative judgement call is EXTREMELY difficult at this juncture.

The key words are, "doesn't appear." A career U.S. Senator for 36 years and Vice-President for 8 years vs. a flamboyant, amoral businessman, public figure, and reality star for 40-or-so-years are both VERY strong backgrounds to assume a LOT of corrupt baggage being accumulated, frankly. Making a comparative judgement call is EXTREMELY difficult at this juncture.

Yeah, that's kinda the point of that theatre. It's not supposed to be simple to pick, otherwise it wouldn't lead to more polarization.

Please don't quote my post when it's irrelevant to your comment.

I posted a reaction only to "I'm thinking that now it is allowed to talk about this?"

Nobody ever mentioned Russia with regards to the laptop story. It's established fact that it's an invention of Giuliani and the trump cult.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000175-4393-d7aa-af77-579f9b330000

For the Russians at this point, with Trump down in the polls, there is incentive for Moscow to pull out the stops to do anything possible to help Trump win and/or to weaken Biden should he win. A “laptop op” fits the bill, as the publication of the emails are clearly designed to discredit Biden.

Dozens of intel veterans mentioned Russians with regard to the laptop story

Firing a prosecutor investigating Burisma... Making Burisma's legal problems with the west go away.

Please don't quote my post when it's irrelevant to your comment.

I posted a reaction only to "I'm thinking that now it is allowed to talk about this?"

I assume the same courtesy from you will start from now on - considering you've traditionally been very BAD for doing that to me of late - or at least making posts that are OBVIOUSLY in response to me, even if though they actually tag me? Do we have a deal?

I thought the laptop was supposed to be a russian fabrication. Now it's a conservative one? :lol: whatever.

Biden's "job" receiving a monthly bribe from a ukranian oligarch is established and recognized fact. His father's hands in ukranian politics at the time is an established fact. The useless Biden accompanying the father's official trip to china is an official fact. Biden's partner in corruption claiming that the president-elect was in on the bribe scheme in Ukraine is an established Fact. Neither of the Bidens dared call him a liar flat out or sue for defamation, why?

Just because you voted for him you don't have to pretend he isn't corrupt.

It's such an "established fact" that people who will do anything to attack the Bidens cannot put together enough information to even have the matter investigated.

Lying about "established facts" doesn't make them true.

Nobody ever mentioned Russia with regards to the laptop story. It's established fact that it's an invention of Giuliani and the trump cult.

The idea that Russia fed it to Guiliani was in the headlines for a bit, so remembering the story as some type of 'Russian disinformation' isn't too terrible. Even Joe Biden leaned that way when put on the spot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ae1760-1604-11eb-ba42-ec6a580836ed_story.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-laptop-real-fake-russian-intelligence-2020-10

It's also reasonable to think of it as a right-wing talking point, since the original idea was that Russians fed it to Giuliani. Even if the Russian angle is dropped, and Guiliani found it some other way, it's still Guiliani's baby.

I'd be happy to talk about Biden's corruption, but the only thing you linked was the laptop conspiracy.
the laptop is very real. theres tons of photos and videos from it. its mostly weird sex stuff, lots of crack cocaine, and nude photos of the president elects son.
guiliani came into possesion of the laptop somehow. lol they didnt "invent" it. i think the official story is hunter biden dropped it off at a laptop repair shop (presumably while he was really really high) then forgot all about it.
It's also reasonable to think of it as a right-wing talking point, since the original idea was that Russians fed it to Giuliani. Even if the Russian angle is dropped, and Guiliani found it some other way, it's still Guiliani's baby

its only a "talking point" the sense of "hey undecided voter look at this photo of hunter bidens penis. wait! wait! theres video!"

arent talking points suppose to be policy or something you spin on the msm?

Last edited:
Saying it was right wing Americans and saying it was Russians isn't actually saying different things, in any case. Since they are allies.

You forgot some things.

Obama: "I carried on Bush's two wars, started two more on just as sketchy grounds of legitimacy, and carried on Bush's torture, illegal spying, drone attacks, and violation to the core of due process, and brushed it right under the carpet, and called the two whistle blowers 'traitors to the nation,' when my Administration and Bush's before me were the real traitors to the nation over that." That's a LOT worse than "wearing a tan suit." Please, before I have to use more examples, do not disingenuously pretend or make false advocations that rotten, murderous, lying, corrupt, treasonous, and otherwise high criminal U.S. Administrations are a Republican-only thing. Do not insult mine, or anyone else here's, intelligence. Being U.S. President, period, is not a good job, at all, for one's moral, ethical, truth-telling, or law-abiding health. Don't play lame blatantly partisan games of that level of transparency. Why not just admit that both parties have been in power and unchallengeable (because of a rigged election system and highly-abused incumbency) collectively and really to both be removed from power and replaced with a multi-party system with real choice and the POSSIBLILITY of government accountability and transparency. But this "one party is good, the other is evil," when they agree and cooperate on more than they disagree (the points of agreement are just not "election issues," and thus not given to the voters to have a meaningful say in) and they're actually both rotten to the core.

It's such an "established fact" that people who will do anything to attack the Bidens cannot put together enough information to even have the matter investigated.

Lying about "established facts" doesn't make them true.

There are several ongoing investigations

You forgot some things.

Funny how they got Reagan for arming terrorists but not Obama

Well, I asked because I knew literally nothing about the whole affair nor surrounding circumstances.
Some googling found me a report on this and yes, it stinks. Not sure whether it is enough to be criminal, but it certainly reflects poorly on Biden. That said... he could have five equally corrupt sons and I'd still find him lesser evil in comparison to Trump.

Top Bottom