Biden's corruption

You don't even know where I live. Democracy here is not in as bad shape as in USA.
If you have to use that old cliche in your previous post as a justification for your "system", then it probably is. :lol:

Well the Greeks were the ones that came up with the democracy thing, too. But I'm curious, what sorts of meritocratic procedures are you thinking about?

The ones in place in China right now for a start. If you want to govern a 10 mil city you need a clean record of governing a 1 mil city. That sort of thing.

The ones in place in China right now for a start. If you want to govern a 10 mil city you need a clean record of governing a 1 mil city. That sort of thing.

That's why most of the members of the Politburo are around Trump, Biden, and Sanders' age...

If you have to use that old cliche in your previous post as a justification for your "system", then it probably is. :lol:

That really sounds like you just want to pick an argument. No attempt to add to the discussion, just trying to provoke other people. Fishy.

I assume you're trying to prove the other quote attributed to Churchill regarding democracy by being an example.

The kind of people he has tapped for political jobs can only come as a surprise for you if you refuse to evaluate his character prior to the election. And from your answer above I can see that you are still still in denial. Mark my words and hopefully we'll both be around to check them: Biden's presidency will cause more harm to your country's population that Trump has managed in the last 4 years. Because even the mostly token "left" opposition is now into self-censorship, when not actually collecting for selling out.

First of all, I have little doubt that you're capable of spinning whatever happens in the next four years into "more damage under Biden than Trump" because you're already spinning my responses to you right now in a nonsensical way. I don't buy the Hunter Biden laptop Ukraine corruption story, so therefore I am in denial, unwilling to criticize Biden at all, and "selling out" (whatever exactly that means in this context).

The truth is that I have never been under any illusions about who Biden is, and the only appointees of his that have surprised me are the ones that aren't completely terrible. But of course, as this opinion doesn't fit into your "everyone who disagrees with these lies I have posted about Biden must be a sellout" narrative, you will probably just ignore this post.

Oh I wasn't saying you are selling out. You certainly don't seem the type, and you didn't put in the effort to be an "influencer" in big social media or msm. The ones planning on selling out do that, to have something to sell. No you're honest. You are simply - imo, and I understand that hope I am wrong - in denial about an unpleasant reality.
Again imo you are underestimating the situation and the amount of damage that Biden will do, lacking even any token opposition but the republicans. The republicans might conceivably turn fully populist and do real opposition to him but I cannot believe that will happen. Peas from the same pod.

Oh I wasn't saying you are selling out. You certainly don't seem the type, and you didn't put in the effort to be an "influencer" in big social media or msm. The ones planning on selling out do that, to have something to sell. No you're honest. You are simply - imo, and I understand that hope I am wrong - in denial about an unpleasant reality.

Again, I don't think I'm in denial about anything. I have never praised Biden to the skies. I have noted that he is an effective politician, which is why he was able to win the Democratic primary and the general election.

I am mostly trying to reserve real judgments on him until he actually starts to govern.

"Sham and a farce" not "sham is a farce" Get it right;)
Of course it will be different in the US now that the Dems get to steer the ship of state.

donkeysjester.jpeg

You forgot some things.

Obama: "I carried on Bush's two wars, started two more on just as sketchy grounds of legitimacy, and carried on Bush's torture, illegal spying, drone attacks, and violation to the core of due process, and brushed it right under the carpet, and called the two whistle blowers 'traitors to the nation,' when my Administration and Bush's before me were the real traitors to the nation over that." That's a LOT worse than "wearing a tan suit." Please, before I have to use more examples, do not disingenuously pretend or make false advocations that rotten, murderous, lying, corrupt, treasonous, and otherwise high criminal U.S. Administrations are a Republican-only thing. Do not insult mine, or anyone else here's, intelligence. Being U.S. President, period, is not a good job, at all, for one's moral, ethical, truth-telling, or law-abiding health. Don't play lame blatantly partisan games of that level of transparency. Why not just admit that both parties have been in power and unchallengeable (because of a rigged election system and highly-abused incumbency) collectively and really to both be removed from power and replaced with a multi-party system with real choice and the POSSIBLILITY of government accountability and transparency. But this "one party is good, the other is evil," when they agree and cooperate on more than they disagree (the points of agreement are just not "election issues," and thus not given to the voters to have a meaningful say in) and they're actually both rotten to the core.

Right. I forgot. A black man is always more guilty than a white one.

Right. I forgot. A black man is always more guilty than a white one.

Where did I say MORE guilty, and always so? And I didn't even address Obama's race. Please find that quote for me where I made such a comparative statement, or apologize publicly and humbly for making a false, lying, accusation that I am a racist, which I am certainly not. I'm also waiting for your long-due apology for calling a Fascist in just such a baseless, false lie. In addressing the current issue, though, disingenuous slander by you, aside, you're saying he's guilty of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - seemingly because of his party affiliation ALONE, and for no other meaningful quality, judging by the other Presidents deceptively compared in that chart. When will you accept that BOTH major U.S. parties' leadership are corrupt, lying, treasonous, murderous, corrupt scum who don't believe in fair elections or following the rules the bind their own offices, but do believe in kowtowing to soulless corporations and plutocratic oligarchs over their own electoral constituents - not just ONE of the two main parties?

Where did I say MORE guilty, and always so? And I didn't even address Obama's race. Please find that quote for me where I made such a comparative statement, or apologize publicly and humbly for making a false, lying, accusation that I am a racist, which I am certainly not. I'm also waiting for your long-due apology for calling a Fascist in just such a baseless, false lie. In addressing the current issue, though, disingenuous slander by you, aside, you're saying he's guilty of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - seemingly because of his party affiliation ALONE, and for no other meaningful quality, judging by the other Presidents deceptively compared in that chart. When will you accept that BOTH major U.S. parties' leadership are corrupt, lying, treasonous, murderous, corrupt scum who don't believe in fair elections or following the rules the bind their own offices, but do believe in kowtowing to soulless corporations and plutocratic oligarchs over their own electoral constituents - not just ONE of the two main parties?

When you stop pretending that a parking ticket is equally as evil as raping babies to death on a satanic alter.

When you stop pretending that a parking ticket is equally as evil as raping babies to death on a satanic alter.

When did you start pretending that was even astronomically remotely the gap of the divide of evil between the main U.S. political parties. Truth is, they both agree on, and cooperate on, more than they differ on, policywise. And these areas they agree are where most of the worst abuses, atrocities, corruption, and high crimes of the U.S. Government lay within. But these areas are not "election issues," except to institutionally marginalized and starved for "media air," Third Party and Independent candidates, and a few Primary candidates who are portrayed by the party insiders as "fringe outliers," and, while they get attention, never win nominations - like Dennis Kucinich, Ron Paul, and Bernie Sanders.

No. There aren't. There are unsubstantiated allegations.

After the election the FBI announced Hunter was under investigation and had been for a couple years. Durham and a couple offices in Delaware and NYC all have ongoing investigations. And Tony Bobulinksy has substantiated allegations with evidence.

I am mostly trying to reserve real judgments on him until he actually starts to govern.

He's been governing for close to 50 years... Did you wait for Trump to govern before judging him?

Again imo you are underestimating the situation and the amount of damage that Biden will do, lacking even any token opposition but the republicans. The republicans might conceivably turn fully populist and do real opposition to him but I cannot believe that will happen. Peas from the same pod.

I think Lex said he canvassed for Hillary... But Jimmy Dore had a good point about lesser evils: he said McCain and Trump were the lesser evils because the media and political opposition wouldn't stay silent when they exercised power, but Obama and Biden got a pass so they could actually do more damage.

A couple examples, Obama deported far more people in his first term than Trump. But guess who was constantly attacked for deporting people. Trump killed an Iranian general and the sky falls, Obama armed terrorists destroying Syria and the Democrats and media attacked critics as Assad's puppets.

Obama and Biden got a pass so they could actually do more damage.

A couple examples, Obama deported far more people in his first term than Trump. But guess who was constantly attacked for deporting people.

Damage lol. You mean Obama was a more effective at doing the things you and your ilk demanded be done?

What you actually liked better about Trump was him was ripping babies and children from their families and putting them in cages.

Which is what Trump was actually harshly criticized for doing. And you manage to poop out that Obama-style deportations of adults was what got people upset? Really? Jesus H. Christ on a rancid orange cracker, GTFOH.

Damage lol. You mean Obama was a more effective at doing the things you and your ilk demanded be done?

What you actually liked better about Trump was him was ripping babies and children from their families and putting them in cages.

Which is what Trump was actually harshly criticized for doing. And you manage to poop out that Obama-style deportations of adults was what got people upset? Really? Jesus H. Christ on a rancid orange cracker, GTFOH.

More, "political criminal blame is measured by political party of the accused," crap. American state crime is almost all bipartisan, with only a minority of it in exception.

Discussing this one I'm noticing just how bad is the duopoly in politics that the US suffers from. Patine is on to something in hammering on that one problem, even if if comes across as rather harsh.
The level of partisanship in US politics, in the public interested in politics judging from the sample here and elsewhere, is much higher than we get in Europe. Even in the UK. We know we can vote in a different group if we grow dissatisfied with the people in the one we supported, if they misbehave too offensively, there are usually several in each political orientation that manage to elect some representation. And they know it too. Not that it matters much when here like over there they have revolving doors set up, but makes some difference: it's the sum of all little things that make a political culture.

In short, people don't get too attached to any one group, are less forgiving of groups and individual politicians and certainly don't pretend to see no evil or hope much of them. Now this can be bad also, as in breeding too much cynicism. But in the US if you are betrayed by your "change" politician (as Obama did...) where do you turn to? Cynicism or worse also develops. And beyond that, over it all, there is a partisan desperation that turns people into political masochists! Self-conscious ones when if they really don't want to acknowledge it.
Probably the outcome will be escapism. Taking a wild guess, expect a "religious revival" there way beyond the evangelical phenomenon.

My suspicion is that America's soft power is so strong that this left/right divide is going to creep into other countries. Especially ones that follow American news and view the US as an (ostensible) ally.

Top Bottom