Brexit Thread VII - Revenge of the Brexiteers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your hovercraft full of heels?

So, having lost the timetable vote, the UK government has "paused" the bill without specifying when it will be resumed.

My guess: Two weeks before the end of the next extension.

It's almost as if you think that Johnson is afraid that MPs won't vote for it without being blackmailed...

For now, yes. All eyes are on Johnson as he has to do yet another thing he said he wouldn't do - accept an extension from the EU.

Tusk has recommended acceptance of the extension request
'Donald Tusk
@eucopresident
Following PM @BorisJohnson’s decision to pause the process of ratification of the Withdrawal Agreement, and in order to avoid a no-deal #Brexit, I will recommend the EU27 accept the UK request for an extension. For this I will propose a written procedure.'

So, having lost the timetable vote, the UK government has "paused" the bill without specifying when it will be resumed.

My guess: Two weeks before the end of the next extension.

It certainly looks as if the only way something can happen in the UK - and very little even so! - is when the time is about to run out. Then when it is extended the circus clowns retire for a few weeks vacations and into their usual intra-party infighting. Until time is about to run out again.

Caroline Lucas just tweeted that MPs had more time to debate the Wild Animals in Circuses Act (19 animals) than is being allotted for the Withdrawal Agreement (65 million people).

It's more relevant to Parliament...

Last edited:
So the Bojo will have to go back on his pledge to leave come what may do or die on the 31rst?

Boring :/

Anyway, let's hope it won't be a long extension, but I fear it may be the usual garbage (eg 2 months). Why not just a couple of weeks to debate and amend in parliament and then finally gtfo? :p

Literally the only positive is the ruin of the lib-dems. But that isn't enough to prolong this farce.

Literally the only positive is the ruin of the lib-dems.

Does anyone think that the ruin of the lib-dems is sufficient compensation for several more weeks of hearing Farage speak?

Anyway, let's hope it won't be a long extension, but I fear it may be the usual garbage (eg 2 months)

I think it may be longer than asked for.

Bulgaria is at it again

Rather sad, but I don't think this has much to do with Brexit.

Does anyone think that the ruin of the lib-dems is sufficient compensation for several more weeks of hearing Farage speak?

Are we sending him downunder to annoy the kangaroos?

It's very odd - the truck came via Holyhead which means it came via Ireland.

It's very odd - the truck came via Holyhead which means it came via Ireland.
Yeah, Bulgaria to Essex via Ireland. The only reason I can think is to avoid the more serious checks at Dover, so I suspect it was intentional, rather than them climbing onboard without the knowledge of the driver.

Did like this quote from an anonymous civil servant working on Yellowhammer,

I’m not an expert on the finer points of Johnson’s new deal, but it feels as if MPs are being gaslighted into congratulating him for the political equivalent of negotiating full price on a DFS sofa.

Are we sending him downunder to annoy the kangaroos?

He bobs up on the news here and starts ranting before some of us older viewers can hit the mute button or the screen with a brick.

Yeah, Bulgaria to Essex via Ireland. The only reason I can think is to avoid the more serious checks at Dover, so I suspect it was intentional, rather than them climbing onboard without the knowledge of the driver.

If they were real Bulgarian nationals without seriious criminal records, then all they would require is:
Bulgarian passports, easily obtained fake documents regarding health cover, and a plausible, but
unverifiable, claim to have job prospects in the UK to simply walk through immigration at Dover.

He bobs up on the news here and starts ranting before some of us older viewers can hit the mute button or the screen with a brick.

That is their fault for watching the news, watching pop video channels is so much better for blood pressure.

Anyway, which do they prefer as their political pop up: Donald Trump, Boris Johnson or Nigel Farage.

Anyway, which do they prefer as their political pop up: Donald Trump, Boris Johnson or Nigel Farage.
The American one who loves horses and Donald Trump. Mike Pence?
notpence.jpg

The weirdest thing just happened. I saw going to say something about the Irish Sea and my entire CFC membership flashed before my eyes. I think I was hacked by the North Korean, Kim-il-Too-Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom