CiVUP - CiV Unofficial Patch

Well, I can't see how could anyone make UU that is essentially more often "gimped" then with bonus, especially considering there is promotion that works properly (scout one).

And as said, it is "white", like all air only specific promotions. And it is unique (not used by anything else). It would not make sense to include such promotion in the game, just to be used by Minutemen, if there is other more meaningful promotion for that (scout one).

So it does seam it was intended for Helicopters, giving that it adds "flat movement rate" for all terrain. And Helicopters are unique type of "land unit".

The tooltip you have there does not describe what the Monastery does (or did, depending if you changed it) though.

It has (had) +5:culture:, regardless of how many wine there is. It may have 7:culture: if there is incense as well, never got into that position. The Mint (or University) adds to each source.
(It's Building_ResourceCultureChanges, which only the Monstery uses not Building_FeatureYieldChanges)

The next question is of course how we want it, and I think with 5:culture: it is already good for its Maintainance/Effect.

@player1 fanatic
I'll make the change.

@Lazy Knight
Ohhh...

Really is an inconsistent building, isn't it? I'll modify the tooltip again. Thank you for helping clarify this, it's a building I've only had in a few games and never paid attention to the details. The default tooltip is rather confusing. I tested and you're right, it gives +2 for either and +4 for both.

How about...

+2 [ICON_CULTURE] Culture if there is at least one improved source of [ICON_RES_INCENSE] Incense or [ICON_RES_WINE] Wine within the city radius, and +4 [ICON_CULTURE] Culture if both are present.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]City must have at least one of these resources improved nearby.

@The_J
I read through the list, most of the bugs unfortunately require C++ access. I'll fix Macchu Picchu... what's the problem with Opera Houses?

Civilopedia is missing, that it can only be build at the coast.

Also worth mentioning here, with already included fixes:
Problems with tech tree
Wrong social policy calculation
Happiness calculation does not include garrisoned units

Should easily fixable:
Helicopters can capture cities (thread)

Bit more complicated:
Calculation for hammer bonus with roads is incorrect (thread)

Ahh the Sydney Opera House, not just the opera house. Two different things! :)

Thanks for the links, I'll look through them.

Looks like the gunship capture thing is internal, not XML-fixable:

UNIT_HELICOPTER_GUNSHIP has PROMOTION_NO_CAPTURE
PROMOTION_NO_CAPTURE has <NoCapture>true</NoCapture>

Working on getting the lua fixes incorporated.

Tooltip looks good like that :)

Monastery is a terribly special building, espacially considering that incense and wine in one city usually does not happen.

Had some problems getting the tech tree path fix implemented... and getting a little tired today, so just removed that fix for now and uploaded a version of unofficial patch that will hopefully work without problems. If you encounter any issues please mention it. I'll work on getting the tech fix in later.

Upgrading Artillery to Rocket Artillery still retains the Must Set Up promotion.

This fixes it:

<UnitPromotions>
<Update>
<Where Type="PROMOTION_MUST_SET_UP"/>
<Set LostWithUpgrade="true" />
</Update>
</UnitPromotions>

Here's some more fixes:

I was thinking it would be good to have a mod that *only* does obvious fixes, not tweaks like the wealth changes. What do you think?

87.) Need Civilopedia Update for Sydney Opera House to show that it can only be built in coastal cities
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GameData>
	<Language_en_US>
		<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_WONDER_SYDNEY_OPERA_HOUSE_HELP"/>
			<Set Text="1 Free Social Policy.[NEWLINE] City must be built on the coast."/>
		</Update>
	</Language_en_US>
</GameData>

24.) Advanced Ballistics quote mismatched with voiceover quote
Code:
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 10/9/2010 5:03:09 PM -->
<GameData>
	<Language_en_US>
		<Update>
			<Where TAG="TXT_KEY_TECH_ADVANCED_BALLISTICS_QUOTE"/>
			<Set Text="[NEWLINE][TAB][TAB]&quot;Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power.[NEWLINE]We have guided missiles and misguided men.&quot;[NEWLINE][TAB][TAB] - Martin Luther King Jr.[NEWLINE][TAB]"/>
		</Update>
	</Language_en_US>
</GameData>

25.) Lord Elizabeth
Code:
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 10/9/2010 5:09:06 PM -->
<GameData>
	<Language_en_US>
		<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_TRADITION_TITLE"/>
			<Set Text="{1_PlayerName:textkey} of {2_CivName:textkey}"/>
		</Update>
	</Language_en_US>
</GameData>

27.) Magellan achievement (and Magellan +1 bonus).
Code:
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 10/9/2010 4:36:25 PM -->
<GameData>
	<Defines>
		<Update>
			<Where Name="CIRCUMNAVIGATE_FREE_MOVES"/>
			<Set Value="1"/>
		</Update>
	</Defines>
</GameData>

50.) Minutemen & helicopter gunship have switched promotions.
Code:
<GameData>
	<Unit_FreePromotions>
		<Update>
			<Where UnitType="UNIT_AMERICAN_MINUTEMAN" PromotionType="PROMOTION_FLAT_MOVEMENT_COST"/>
			<Set PromotionType="PROMOTION_IGNORE_TERRAIN_COST"/>
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where UnitType="UNIT_HELICOPTER_GUNSHIP" PromotionType="PROMOTION_IGNORE_TERRAIN_COST"/>
			<Set PromotionType="PROMOTION_FLAT_MOVEMENT_COST"/>
		</Update>
	</Unit_FreePromotions>
</GameData>

I completely agree with Porges about the Wealth issue. It's not just a bug / wrong description. It's also a balance issue. Another way to fix it is to reduce the gold one gets from disbanding.

found a typo in the happiness section that was breaking my (at least) ability to see empire happiness:
-- Unofficial Patch Fix: local iTotalHappiness = iGarrisonedUnitsHappines + ...
local iTotalHappiness = iGarrisonedUnitsHappines.......

should be:
local iTotalHappiness = iGarrisonedUnitsHappiness.......

hope that helps someone.

found a typo in the happiness section that was breaking my (at least) ability to see empire happiness:
local iTotalHappiness = iGarrisonedUnitsHappines.......

should be:
local iTotalHappiness = iGarrisonedUnitsHappiness.......

hope that helps someone.

I have this bug too.

Lord Elizabeth, Lord Wu Zeitan etc needs to be changed to Empress :)
Oh, mod request idea! More diverse and awesome titles based on the policy combinations :D

Thank you for pointing out the happiness typo. It should be fixed now in v. 14 (skipped a few versions because I was trying to figure out a problem with the technology fix lua file).

Thank you for the feedback, I will split off the wealth and ancient ruins fixes into separate files within the mod folder in v.15, this way it will be easier keep the train-delete alternative to wealth and early-rifleman possibility if desired. I'm going to start waiting a bit between versions if possible and include several fixes in each version, because I'm approaching what I think is the crash limit for ModBuddy (last time I encountered the crashes I believe I had 31 uploads, 0b11111).

I included the change to wealth here because it does not affect gameplay or balance in the vanilla game: the player still has the same :commerce: per :hammers: potential as before the change. In contrast, reducing the gold from unit deletion would alter balance, and I'm trying to keep this patch as things that do not alter the game balance significantly.

The only exceptions are the promotion fixes, and the riflemen-in-3000-BC issue. The former seems like a relatively clear bug. The reason for the latter is people have been disabling ancient ruins entirely, and this gives a way to work around the problem while leaving ancient ruins active and the warrior->spearman and scout->archer possibilities unaffected (the most likely upgrades due to early ancient ruins density).

Reducing the gold from unit deletion would alter balance, and I'm trying to keep this patch as things that do not alter the game balance significantly.

Yeah, I completely agree. I did not explain myself well. I just meant that there are different ways to achieve parity between these two actions, and whichever way is chosen affects the balance of the game and the implicit trading value of hammers versus gold. So, choosing one method is making a judgment of the what the tradeoff should be, and so is not strictly a bug/fix. I'm saying neither method should belong in a more general patch mod like this.

The Nuclear Missile uses two uranium in game, but the civilopedia doesn't mention this. Save game included. Delete or use the missile and the Uranium will go from 0 to 2.

EDIT: Nevermind, it shows on the tooltip but not the civilopedia... Not a bug.

Attachments

• Nuke.Civ5Save
    367.9 KB · Views: 174
Is it possible to make infantry require rifling?

I think infantry were meant to require rifling because I have run into embarassing things like not being able to upgrade my longswordsman to infantry directly. However I COULD upgrade him first to a rifleman THEN to infantry. The result was the same but I just think this proves that the current tech tree was unintended as far as 'infantry comes before riflemen' goes.

Top Bottom