Clown Car IV: The Dotard and Dunce Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
and were inappropriately replicating the work of the special counsel.
This is the best part. DoJ guideline: Special prosecutor can't charge a sitting president with crimes; if it rises to that level of severity, it's Congress' job to impeach. Congress: ok, then, we'll start following up on what Mueller found, see if there's grounds for impeachment. Trump WH: Stop replicating Mueller's work; he chose not to charge the president with anything!

This is the best part. DoJ guideline: Special prosecutor can't charge a sitting president with crimes; if it rises to that level of severity, it's Congress' job to impeach. Congress: ok, then, we'll start following up on what Mueller found, see if there's grounds for impeachment. Trump WH: Stop replicating Mueller's work; he chose not to charge the president with anything!

totally not-fascist Republicans: this is all fine, in fact it's Mueller and the Democrats who are trying to subvert the Constitution

Trump was born in 1946 so technically a boomer by either definition. But I don't consider him a real one though.
So it's only Democrats. My bad.

totally not-fascist Republicans: this is all fine, in fact it's Mueller and the Democrats who are trying to subvert the Constitution
The thing is, this may be literally correct.

There is a rightwing theory that the whole Trump investigation was begun as a diversion, as part of the coverup of the many Clinton irregularities. In this theory, Mueller is slaking horse to by time and distance.

Certainly, the Democrats have had their turn at bat. Now it's Trump's half of the inning.

J

Last edited:
the whole Trump investigation was begun as a diversion, as part of the coverup of the many Clinton irregularities.
Swap the names around and you arrive at the truth.

Swap the names around and you arrive at the truth.
Not about the Democrats having their turn at bat, nor about Trump getting his swings next. Comey is sweating and there are rumors about AG Lynch being deeply involved.

It's a massive scandal. That's a simple fact.

J

I thought that Mexico was going to pay for the wall ?
Oh well at least Steve Bannon is getting a cut of the money

Trump supporters who donated to GoFundMe wall now worry they got scammed
Trump boosters are baffled: Hustler and scam artist who raised $20 million on GoFundMe isn't really building a wall

After founding the organization, Kolfage told the New York Times in January that the project would break ground within “weeks.” In March, he told American Family Radio that the project would “start breaking ground” in April.
Kolfage was even joined in his efforts by former Trump aide Steve Bannon and former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach
Now were in the middle of May, and The Daily Beast reports that there is “no evidence that any construction has started.”
Kolfage took to Facebook to claim that he went “silent” because his project has to be carried out in secret.

https://www.salon.com/2019/05/15/tr...-to-gofundme-wall-now-worry-they-got-scammed/

Not about the Democrats having their turn at bat, nor about Trump getting his swings next. Comey is sweating and there are rumors about AG Lynch being deeply involved.

It's a massive scandal. That's a simple fact.

J
Huh? It's not on cable news nor in the WSJ as any kind of scandal. Not in my local paper either. Fox News has a story with an audacious headline that turns out to be a nothingburger when one reads it through.

"Comey appeared to be blackmailing Trump..."

Yeah its a full blown trade war.
A trade deal is looking increasing unlikely now.

Huawei hits back after Trump declares national emergency on telecoms 'threat'
Trump’s executive order invokes the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, which gives the president the authority to regulate commerce in response to a national emergency that threatens the US. The order directs the commerce department, working with other government agencies, to draw up a plan for enforcement within 150 days.
The commerce department said it was adding Huawei and 70 affiliates to its “entity list”, banning the company from acquiring components and technology from US firms without government approval.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...mp-national-emergency-telecoms-threats-huawei

"It's not clear what she was convicted of or what crime she committed."
-- Vladimir Putin on Maria Butina, who pleaded guilty to trying to infiltrate conservative political circles and promote Russian interests before and after the 2016 election

Huh? It's not on cable news nor in the WSJ as any kind of scandal. Not in my local paper either. Fox News has a story with an audacious headline that turns out to be a nothingburger when one reads it through.

"Comey appeared to be blackmailing Trump..."
LOL :rotfl:

Your line is almost as funny as the headline. It's one more proof of media bias if you want to look at it that way. The news is reported, just not labeled as a scandal. The more sensational bits are buried in the story, for example. Regardless, if you look for a story saying that AG Barr has appointed Connecticut U.S. Attorney John Durham to investigate the origins of the Russia probe it will be there. Here is one from an openly liberal source.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/willi...probe-sends-chilling-message-to-fbi-for-trump

Make no mistake, when AG Barr used the word spy in his testimony to Congress it sent shivers through all of Washington. Spying on US citizens is illegal and spying on candidates is one of the really big political no-nos. Watergate was about a single bungled break-in. This was an open statement from the highest possible authority, in testimony to Congress, that the FBI and DoJ had committed criminal acts in an election. That is a scandal by any standard, only this one involves the Obama Administration so the news gets downplayed.

J

Last edited:

At what point are we going to admit the centrist Democrats aren't much better than the Republicans?

At what point are we going to admit the centrist Democrats aren't much better than the Republicans?
When you admit the Republicans are better than the extremist Democrats. Just sayin'.

Considering the Obama Administration's current legal problems, the second quote is particularly ironic. Congratulations.

J

While I'll be in the front of the line to say that the new law is an abomination I will say that at least they seem to be open and honest about the intent.
They needed to pass one so obviously extreme so they could be sure it would go to the SC to challenge RVW. It's their right to do so regardless of how much i dislike it.

They have no legal right- it is unconstitutional. They have no moral right- their law is evil, plain evil. Every single person who voted for it and the governor who signed it just volunteered for the guillotine, not that they weren't in line already....

Unfortunately it may only be unconstitutional for a limited time more.

Unfortunately it may only be unconstitutional for a limited time more.

Then we'll see how far all these liberals making Handmaid's Tale comparisons (not that I think they're unwarranted) are willing to go...

Women will either go abroad or some will die having it done illegally. I don't expect much else until Trump is defeated. Hopefully if it is overturned, it will be the final nail.

When you admit the Republicans are better than the extremist Democrats. Just sayin'.

Considering the Obama Administration's current legal problems, the second quote is particularly ironic. Congratulations.

J

I'd be surprised to hear that any Republicans since 2008 are better than even the worst Democrats over the same time period. But go ahead, hit me with an example, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom