• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Coronavirus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Number of infections in NL is increasing since July. I guess most of all because of mental and social fatigue of especially younger people. Analyses are done based on contact tracing, but with 75% of new cases untraceable everything is a guess.

Here below a graph of how it spreads from July 14 to September 22 over the age groups. The darker the red color, the more cases.
I added a graph from July 14-September 22 where you see the number of confirmed cases per 100,000 to give a feel besides those colors for the totals per week. Going from 0.6 on July 14 to 12.9 cases on Sep 22 per 100,000. The dotted line an alert level at 7.0.
Contact tracing meanwhile overwhelmed because most people asking to be tested have the ordinary cold and flu incl ofc also the allergy cases.

What you can see is that the 20-24 agegroup is the main train, and since this week the spreading into older age groups starts getting nasty. From mobility data it shows that the last weeks more people are using public transport again and work more at their offices. The Health authority has adviced sharper again that people should work from home, despite the social need many people feel to go to office again.
From other info from our national dasboard you can see that we will likely next week exceed the alert level for number of carehouses with infections,
Death rate still low at around 5 per day, but this is going to change in a couple of weeks.

I have no good news to add.

For the last week column the total week cases are:
0-4 year olds: 24 cases
5-9: 96 cases
10-14: 504 cases
15-19: 1,331 cases
20-24: 2,118 cases
25-29: 1,494 cases
30-34: 1.094 cases
35-39: 915 cases
to give a feel for the colors

Schermopname (67).png
Schermopname (69).png

EDIT
to make the situation description complete as of now
Hereby a graph showing the official estimate of the total infected people since the outbreak.
For the first peak this is mainly based on the percentage of people having anti-bodies. From June onward it is based on hospotalisations, confirmed cases of people asking for tests, sewers, and surveys at GP level.

We are now a factor 2.7 away from the first peak and are at the current rate of growth 3-5 weeks away from the same total. Whereby we have likely relatively less elderly infected and ICU duration time is lower with higher survival rates from what was learned so far on treatments.

Schermopname (71).png

Last edited:
My niece was planning to go to a swim camp in the netherlands soonish....I guess she should start making other plans :/

though the situation here in Switzerland isn't much different, though a bit slower for now. Things look bad mostly on the french speaking part (geneva, vaud, fribourg), probably due to the close cultural ties/exchange to france where the situation is equally bad.

The virus is very infections. Its spread again is not fatigue of being careful, it's an inevitability of attempting to go out of "lockdown" without extinguishing it.

The asians wiped it out as far as possible and then fell like a ton of bricks on every little reappearance. And had the resources to do it because it was mostly extinguished, it wasn't multiple fires all around. The idiots in Europe and America claimed it could be "managed". It cannot. Failing to get rid of it, refusing to control borders with mandatory quarantines for all travelers, will not "save the economy" - it will destroy it with a second lockdown, and then another and so on...

New South Wales recording its first 0 day since about 76 days ago in June, when a few cases got in from Victoria. Two cases identified within returned international quarantine, and no cases found in the community. Donut day!

And all done via good contact tracing, without a lockdown.

This is a relatively low testing day, just the 8000 tests, so we'll see how it looks tomorrow, but it's been flirting with a zero day for a few weeks now. There's been no net increase in unknown source cases since August 28 (3 and a half weeks ago), it's -1 in net terms since then as previously unknown ones have gradually been linked.

Follow up: today was a second zero day for NSW off 17000 tests rather than yesterday's weekend influenced 8000, so that's a better indicator that the trend is there.

Victorian numbers are coming down pretty quickly, they're well under the daily case load for lifting some restrictions next week. Test after that will be getting down to a maximum of 5 unknown source cases in a two week period. Currently that's at 41 but was 80 not long ago.

US death toll officially 200,000, Donald Trumps calls it ‘a shame’.

[U.S.] Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report, 11 September 2020 - "Community and Close Contact Exposures Associated with COVID-19 Among Symptomatic Adults ≥18 Years in 11 Outpatient Health Care Facilities — United States, July 2020"

I suppose this just tells us what we all suspected to be true, but anyway...

CDC said:
Adults with confirmed COVID-19 (case-patients) were approximately twice as likely as were control-participants to have reported dining at a restaurant in the 14 days before becoming ill.
Amid the slackening of behavior to control the spread of covid-19, I've seen more people eating on the subway lately. Honestly, I don't know why people eat on the subway in the first place, but now it's making me uneasy.

[U.S.] Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report, 11 September 2020 - "Community and Close Contact Exposures Associated with COVID-19 Among Symptomatic Adults ≥18 Years in 11 Outpatient Health Care Facilities — United States, July 2020"

I suppose this just tells us what we all suspected to be true, but anyway...

Amid the slackening of behavior to control the spread of covid-19, I've seen more people eating on the subway lately. Honestly, I don't know why people eat on the subway in the first place, but now it's making me uneasy.
Interesting report, thanks for posting. Your last sentence makes me wonder if you are referring to urban light rail or a well known "restaurant" chain, both would fit.

Trumponavirus
Just like anything else in his career none of it is of his original authorship, he just managed to grab the credit and make it worse at every turn.

US death toll officially 200,000, Donald Trumps calls it ‘a shame’.
The American politics have already been deeply separated into the Republican political base and the Democrat political base.

To a Republican: It's a shame to the Democrat protesters.
To a Democrat: It's a shame to the Republican leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom