CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Excellent. I'm waiting for a real release but this is great news!

Agreed. I considered using that workaround temporarily, but figured I'd rather by happily surprised by the completely fixed mod!

Plus I'm currently in midst of a decent game while using NQUI. It is pretty good as well, but I certainly prefer CQUI. Think the only thing I like better in NQUI is the notifications on the right side. They behave much more like Civ V, in both look and feel.

Github ominously silent. CQUI team not speaking about progress or setbacks any more. I assume some work continues but it seems patch broke CQUI so badly that it would be a full time job for a dedicated team to fix. Volunteers, no matter how talented & devoted, can only do so much in a given amount of time. And from Firaxis...crickets. Very disappointing.

Github ominously silent. CQUI team not speaking about progress or setbacks any more. I assume some work continues but it seems patch broke CQUI so badly that it would be a full time job for a dedicated team to fix. Volunteers, no matter how talented & devoted, can only do so much in a given amount of time. And from Firaxis...crickets. Very disappointing.

That seems a bit melodramatic. It's been about a week since Chaorace made commits to two sub systems and said he's starting work on one that is going to be a bit of a pain.

Agree about the silence from Firaxis, but that seems to be their norm ever since they were acquired by Take2 many years ago. Think they were slightly better before that, but still not great.

Last edited:
Melodramatic, maybe, but I've not been able to enjoy the one game I like, Civ 6, since CQUI stopped working. In the great scheme of life, not much, but it is nonetheless a loss to some.

Melodramatic, maybe, but I've not been able to enjoy the one game I like, Civ 6, since CQUI stopped working. In the great scheme of life, not much, but it is nonetheless a loss to some.

I entirely agree. I'm so used to CQUI now that vanilla feels dreadful. Playing on deity it's really useful to have data about how you're doing compared to the other civs and it's a pain to have to mouse over several differnt screens. I really hope that this is fixed or that some of the better features are incorporated into the vanilla UI.

I entirely agree. I'm so used to CQUI now that vanilla feels dreadful. Playing on deity it's really useful to have data about how you're doing compared to the other civs and it's a pain to have to mouse over several differnt screens. I really hope that this is fixed or that some of the better features are incorporated into the vanilla UI.
I agree too. I have stopped playing, it's just not the same without CQUI

Playing without CQUI is like eating cake without the icing but I need my regular fix of Civ so I still play anyway.

I was wondering if it would be possible to release a CQUI_Lite to Steam that contained just the things that where working so we could get some fraction of the features.

I realize it would take some amount of work to do this and therefore extend the time when the complete mod is ready but just getting back things like the header and city banners with all that easy to see information would be a huge boon.

I was wondering if it would be possible to release a CQUI_Lite to Steam that contained just the things that where working so we could get some fraction of the features.

Sukritact's UI tweaks is what I've been using in the mean time while CQUI gets worked on, which is roughly equivalent to what I imagine a CQUI "light" version would be. It basically fixes most of the issues with the vanilla UI but doesn't have the same kind of expanded extras that CQUI offers. No production queue either, which I guess could be a deal breaker depending on your preferences.

It works just fine if you use the solution mentioned in a link someone already posted in this very thread.
  • Unsubscribe from CQUI in the Steam Workshop, or remove the existing CQUI mod from Civ VI
  • Get the latest summer-2017 branch (a6b5558) and extract it to {Civ VI User Dir}\Mods
  • Copy the following files from {Civ VI Install Dir}\Base\Assets\UI and overwrite them in {Civ VI User Dir}\Mods\cqui-summer-2017\Assets\UI
DiplomacyActionView.lua
DiplomacyActionView.xml
  • Delete the directory {Civ VI User Dir}\Mods\cqui-summer-2017\Integrations\IDS

You also need to uncheck the show unit path option in CQUI options to get rid of that persistent white path. I personally can add that its a good idea copy over DiplomacyDealView.lua and DiplomacyDealView.xml the same way you are supposed to do with DiplomacyActionView files, otherwise the AI trade proposals show up blank and unresponsive other then accepting or declining them.

Even though I am a software engineer, I was hoping not to have to fuss with all that manual stuff and just use a nicely packaged mod off of Steam. They get updated automatically and I don't risk messing up the game that way. Maybe after my current game I will give it a try. I was kind of hoping it would be ready by now but it seems to be taking a lot longer than I thought it would.

Is this mod still being fixed? The only stuff I can se on github is people discussing which files to delete to get it sort of working. Has the project been 'officially' abandoned?

Is this mod still being fixed? The only stuff I can se on github is people discussing which files to delete to get it sort of working. Has the project been 'officially' abandoned?

I sincerely hope not. I am waiting patiently for an updated and workable version.

Just re-subscribed CQUI and it's great to be playing again!!!

Hi all,
currently main CQUI branch looks dead but we created fork on steam and fixed most of bugs (without removing anything : )): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1125169247
Please check and let us know if you find any bugs.

Cherrs!
Thank you!!!

I am not good with these sorts of things-- is there a way to install this mod on the Mac app store version or is it only available through steam? I did get the original CQUI running on the app store version. Again, thank you!

I'm getting some problems with the great people screen. The "GP Already Recruited" tab is always shown as highlighted and it takes many fast repeated right and left clicks to get it to open. Everything else works great.

Top Bottom