Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! And here I was thinking it was something I did in Synthesis! Mind detailing what caused the crash?

What is this Bordabur gambit you speak of?

Also, what would you like me to test? :)

I think I'll keep the Khmer, they're a completely developed civ that I don't want to lose. The Thai don't need to reemerge exactly afterwards, their kingdom wasn't that dominant in SE Asia early on afaik, so they could just as well respawn later.

During Khmer collapse around 1400, there weren't any dominant power in Southeast Asia except Majapahit (that collapse around 1500 as well)

Thai then emerged as dominant power with Ayutthaya but it rise when Khmer collapse, so we can't use that as Khmer respawn..

Ayutthaya destroyed by Burmese army, and the next Thai major power was around 1760 under the Rattanakosin which stayed up until now (minus the absolute monarchy)..

Probably Somdet Phra Naresuan Maharat or Phra Bat Somdet Phra Poramenthramaha Mongkut Phra Chom Klao Chao Yu Hua could be the leader..

And Fathers Govern Children, like in CiV could be the UU..

UHV :
1)Never lose any city or be vassalized by European power
2)
3)

UU : Naresuan's Elephant
UB : Wat

Eh.. wait..
Bangkok usually can't be founded since Angkor and the unhistorical Phnom Penh fill the place near it..
We have to raze both cities when Siam spawns..

Btw,
I found a really nice way to make AI appreciate UHV more than ever!
I'm making UHV as the only victory available, but needs some more testing

But on my first tries (I'm Egypt),
1) AI China race AI India to found Buddhism
2) AI Greek goes to Anatolia and found Miletos
3) AI Rome sent a settler to Britain and Spain
4) AI Persia conquer Miletos (the Greek city) and Byzantion
5) AI Greek conquer Miletos and Byzantion back, but stop there :(
6) AI Arab sent settler to Spain (but captured by Spain =.=)
7) AI Viking become more aggressive and sank lot of British ship
8) AI Byzantine attacking me

the rest didn't surprise me much =____=

Putting ONLY the UHV as victory conditions should do jack squat about AI's pursuing it (correct me if I'm wrong). Those are just coincidences.

This has to do with the fact that the UHV's are python-coded, and therefore the AI isn't touched.

Oh! And here I was thinking it was something I did in Synthesis! Mind detailing what caused the crash?
Missing graphics for the Korean embassy. There's still a crash that occurs during one of Italy's turns, though.

What is this Bordabur gambit you speak of?

Also, what would you like me to test? :)
I mean to use the Borobudur to hire artists for their cultural UHV goal, instead of researching Drama.

Things to test: Korea, obviously, and how the horde events play out. There it would be helpful if you could take some screenshots in the WB as soon as the event message occurs, as well as some turns after. I've only had it happen in Dutch/American autoplay by now, but then they only took one city at most, often not even that.

During Khmer collapse around 1400, there weren't any dominant power in Southeast Asia except Majapahit (that collapse around 1500 as well)

Thai then emerged as dominant power with Ayutthaya but it rise when Khmer collapse, so we can't use that as Khmer respawn..

Ayutthaya destroyed by Burmese army, and the next Thai major power was around 1760 under the Rattanakosin which stayed up until now (minus the absolute monarchy)..

Probably Somdet Phra Naresuan Maharat or Phra Bat Somdet Phra Poramenthramaha Mongkut Phra Chom Klao Chao Yu Hua could be the leader..

And Fathers Govern Children, like in CiV could be the UU..

UHV :
1)Never lose any city or be vassalized by European power
2)
3)

UU : Naresuan's Elephant
UB : Wat

Eh.. wait..
Bangkok usually can't be founded since Angkor and the unhistorical Phnom Penh fill the place near it..
We have to raze both cities when Siam spawns..
Yeah, I was thinking about either Ayutthaya or Rattanakosin as dates, probably better the latter. There's already a Mongkut LH in the DoC files that only needs to be fixed a little to work. Don't know how to solve the Bangkok issue though.

Btw,
I found a really nice way to make AI appreciate UHV more than ever!
I'm making UHV as the only victory available, but needs some more testing

But on my first tries (I'm Egypt),
1) AI China race AI India to found Buddhism
2) AI Greek goes to Anatolia and found Miletos
3) AI Rome sent a settler to Britain and Spain
4) AI Persia conquer Miletos (the Greek city) and Byzantion
5) AI Greek conquer Miletos and Byzantion back, but stop there :(
6) AI Arab sent settler to Spain (but captured by Spain =.=)
7) AI Viking become more aggressive and sank lot of British ship
8) AI Byzantine attacking me

the rest didn't surprise me much =____=
Putting ONLY the UHV as victory conditions should do jack squat about AI's pursuing it (correct me if I'm wrong). Those are just coincidences.

This has to do with the fact that the UHV's are python-coded, and therefore the AI isn't touched.
Exactly, the AI doesn't even know the UHV exists (aside from the fact that it's likelier to declare war on you when you achieve 2/3). I suppose you were just lucky there.

No, that's standard in RFC.

And for some of the custom leaders, such as Hitler, the AI will never change to them even if they becaome facist?

(can't quote, replied via cellphone)

@Leoreth & Linkman
so all of them is just coincidence? Wow.. I was so lucky chanced to play that great game..

@Leoreth
ah.. That's probably the name Mongkut is quite familiar I heard it somewhere ;P
How about developing code that a city, certain turns after the owner collapse, devolve into town, then village etc until city ruins?
Syste, like this can't be used for other old cities like persepolis or yax mutal that somehow survive to modern era as well..

@Kcawesome
AI leader will change according to civics they choose, so like Stalin will spawn for Russia when thoose Slavic choose State Property as their civics etc..
Human player can't change the LH during the game, at least for now.
You can change the leader you want to start with, thhough.

(can't quote, replied via cellphone)

@Leoreth & Linkman
so all of them is just coincidence? Wow.. I was so lucky chanced to play that great game..

@Leoreth
ah.. That's probably the name Mongkut is quite familiar I heard it somewhere ;P
How about developing code that a city, certain turns after the owner collapse, devolve into town, then village etc until city ruins?
Syste, like this can't be used for other old cities like persepolis or yax mutal that somehow survive to modern era as well..

@Kcawesome
AI leader will change according to civics they choose, so like Stalin will spawn for Russia when thoose Slavic choose State Property as their civics etc..
Human player can't change the LH during the game, at least for now.
You can change the leader you want to start with, thhough.

1) Pretty much

2) It's an interesting mechanic but...I don't know, what do you think, Leoreth?

Leoreth, I noticed you removed the areas calculations that splits the world into continents. When do you plan on reinstating it?

Sorry for the double post, but I also noticed that the Indian, Khmer, Japanese, and Chinese AI's is not tweaked to build the new wonders. Any idea when this might be rectified? (unless it's intentional, in which case, why?)

I think Arabia and Turkey arent tweaked to build their new wonder either (topkapi Palace, Dome of the Rock, La Meszique). Although I might be wrong.

Yes this too, I just finished fixing this in Synthesis.

There's a number of such holes. Understandable, obviously, and also worry-inducing for me as a modder because it leads me to realize how easy to forget something in RFC.

But Leoreth and I have already had this conversation, of course.

And for some of the custom leaders, such as Hitler, the AI will never change to them even if they becaome facist?
The AI leaders always do change based on game turn and their civics. It's only that you as a player will always stay with the LH you started with.

Leoreth, I noticed you removed the areas calculations that splits the world into continents. When do you plan on reinstating it?
I don't know if that would do much good. We can already see that this has helped Turkey and Arabia a lot in spreading out their empire. If at all, I would redo the areas based more on historical areas, not geographic continents, i.e. Europe + Middle East (including the Maghreb) + Sub-Saharan Africaa + East Asia.

Sorry for the double post, but I also noticed that the Indian, Khmer, Japanese, and Chinese AI's is not tweaked to build the new wonders. Any idea when this might be rectified? (unless it's intentional, in which case, why?)
Which revision are you talking about? The latest ones have that, for the wonders that were added earlier on as well.

Hey I have a few questions about this mod. First, how do I play as italy?(haha forgive me if thats a dumb question). Second, when italy is spawned, they have the roman flag, could you replace that with the tri-color italian flag? Third, Spain switches to Franco when becomes fascist, and Germany switches to Hitler when becomes fascist. Could Italy switch to Mussolini? And, I was wondering if possibly you could put Austria-Hungary, and/or Poland in the next version. (Because I don't think the European nations should have the amount of room they do to expand in the European continent). Also, Persia always dies before the 600 ad. start. Could you make a way around that? And if they do, can they be revived?

Hey I have a few questions about this mod. First, how do I play as italy?(haha forgive me if thats a dumb question).
Not that dumb actually. You need to play another civ until they spawn, then you can switch to them. It's easiest to start with the Inca and then switch to Italy after three turns.

I admit that this is suboptimal currently because you're not guaranteed that Italy even spawns. I'll rectify this later on (it's a little complicated).

Second, when italy is spawned, they have the roman flag, could you replace that with the tri-color italian flag?
They don't have the Roman flag, but the Venetian coat of arms. I'm against using modern tricolor flags because the flag should reflect the players' primary and secondary colors in my opinion, and there's no appropriate coat of arms for all of Italy.

Third, Spain switches to Franco when becomes fascist, and Germany switches to Hitler when becomes fascist. Could Italy switch to Mussolini?
Yeah, but the LH switch code isn't suited for reborn civs currently. I plan to rework both the LH switch and dynamic names code and tie them closer together. I'll add it then.

And, I was wondering if possibly you could put Austria-Hungary, and/or Poland in the next version. (Because I don't think the European nations should have the amount of room they do to expand in the European continent).[/quote]
I'll test if that's possible when I start focusing on Europe.

Also, Persia always dies before the 600 ad. start. Could you make a way around that? And if they do, can they be revived?
Do you mean that they're not alive when you play 600 AD?

well, Persia is a group of independent states when I play from 600 ad, along with babylon, india, and others. Did you change this from the original rhye's and fall?

Also, could you make italy a civ that you can start as in the main menu screen? Its kinda a pain that it isnt :/

Since the last revision the game seems stable in AD600, but crashes during autoplay in 3000BC most of the time.

Also, not sure if this is a new bug, but the first Japanese UHV (culture on Honshu) never triggers for player or AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom