1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J. pride

J. pride King

Great Work on the Mongol but Leoreth Can u replace Dunhuang with Turfan?

2. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Which is completely nonsensical (historically speaking)

Anyways, Leoreth- I was chatting with The_J, and I think you might be able to get a subforum for this :)

Which would be quite nice

3. Gruekiller

Gruekiller Back From The Beyond

That it is, Linkman, that it is.

I support this notion.

4. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah, Nicomedia was WB'ed in. Babylonia bothers me as well, but I'm not sure what to nerf about them exactly to stop this city sprawl ... maybe discourage the AI from training settlers? Forbid the AI from building settlers?

Haha, no, I guess there was an SoI update released this year already :D

On the matter of Greece, that makes sense. I'll look into their unit training preferences if I can tweak them a little.

Why?

That's amazing, though I really have no idea what to use it for at the moment :eek: Do I have to do something for it?

I'll also commit Indonesia's UHV and UP soon.

5. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Well when I initially PM'ed The_J, he thought I wanted a forum for my mod. And he said he would actually support that if I wanted it (I kindly declined the offer for the time being). Now considering how much less developed Synthesis is compared to DoC, I'm sure he would support yours. So I PM'ed him back telling him it'd be cool if this thread had it's own subforum. He thought I was referring to Afforess's modmod A New Dawn. I sent him another PM explaining he got his modmods confused :D. So he responded:

So I guess you should ask :)

And this thread is getting a little big, to put it mildly.

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Actually I didn't know it is that easy to get your own subforum ;) I think I'll ask for it.

7. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

8. J. pride

J. pride King

Because it was the more important city; anyways since there is no overlap between Kashgar and Turfan so i see no reason why not to.

9. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Leoreth, have you ever thought of making a Liao/ Jurchen Manchurian civilization? Since you are working on the east. This would solve both Japanese and Korean expansion into Siberia/ Manchuria

10. J. pride

J. pride King

I second that but Wounldnt it be best if they are represented by independents or minors? Maybe an independent Shenyang (the city).

11. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

I was hoping they'd give China some trouble, so perhaps more than a single city. They did, after all, capture the capital of China. A minor, sure, as long as it likes declaring war on China.

12. J. pride

J. pride King

China is already nerfed so much. I dont think they need another nerf unless somebody tries to give them a boost first? BTW, Leoreth are u going to change terrain/add food resources to China?

13. ilduce349

ilduce349 (Financial, Philo)

What could be an interesting idea from an alternate history is a conditional spawn for France and Spain.

As in what if instead the colonial powers started in Asia instead of Europe?

Not sure if this could be modded in but could there be a way to implement that if China was ahead of Rome (in score) in 150 AD then the colonial powers start in Asia rather then Europe.

Thoughts?

14. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

From a modder's point of view, this sounds like a really good way to get a massive headache :D

15. Gruekiller

It sounds like an interesting concept, but undoubtedly would be very complicated to mod. :lol:

16. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

Sounds interesting but it would probably be better in it's own thread.

17. AOS9001

AOS9001 Slightly over 9000.

We may want to finish this mod first before going alternate history. Though it does sound like a cool idea.

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Dunhuang covers more useful terrain, and furthermore it makes more sense when China takes it.

In my opinion the Jurchen, Xiognu etc. are already represented by the barbarian horse archers. A minor Manchu civ might make sense but slowly I get the feeling if we don't stop somewhere we'll be at 40 civs soon ;)

You mean that France, England etc. spawn on top of China? Would look a little odd having Romance speaking civs in China ... where should their city names come from? It basically requires knowledge of how European Middle Ages style offshoots of China would've looked like, which we can't have.

19. Gruekiller

I thought he meant just adjusting the stability and modifiers and such to make Japan, China, Khmer/Siam, and Mongolia into the colonial powers.

20. Alduskkel

Alduskkel Chieftain

Quick question: Does the Roman territorial UHV still clash with the Byzantine Empire spawn?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.