Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... I wasn't sure... thanks.

What about the new Leaders that says are included in the mod? i.e. Nicholas II for Russia...I'm not seeing them.

Dependant on the time and the civics.

Ok maybe i'm a new newb and I don't feel like digging through 150 pages in this thread. But I just downloaded and played as Germany and they are called "the holy roman empire." ..I know that their flag was replaced with the Holy Roman Empire's.. could someone explain to me why they are called that. Is it the early dynamic name for Germany? Thanks.

oh and in the features list it said new Leaders were added but I do not see any new leaders... i'm really confused.

thanks a lot guys.

the holy roman empire is the historical name for the land known as germany today for over 1000 years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

I'm a history buff, so you committed the mortal sin.
You have to play around a bit to see them all.
Also, I wouldn't recommend playing until a new patch is out. I even attempted using auto saves yet the game still crash no matter what I do or who I play as, on the same date.

the holy roman empire is the historical name for the land known as germany today for over 1000 years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

Also, I wouldn't recommend playing until a new patch is out. I even attempted using auto saves yet the game still crash no matter what I do or who I play as, on the same date.

I think it might be the amount of civs all at once. For example, though it was another modmod, right when America spawned my game crashed. I WB'd the netherlands out(I reduced them to Indonesia, chances are they were gonna collapse anyway) and went with the turn....And the game played smoothly. Check the date and try to remember/check if anyone starts then. That might be the problem.

You know I'm a history buff too man and I'm totally embarrassed! I just took western civ last semester in college and learned about Charlemagne and everything but we did not go in depth any further after that. Then again I got a C because my teacher was an idiot.

But yeah... learn something new everyday at least. I'm running like a 101 fever too so i'm not thinking clear.

That sucks... so its not even worth trying to play right now?

Hello, I'm new to this forum, I played around a little with your mod and let me just say it here and now - it's AMAZING. BUT, sadly, I ran into a little issue that I don't really know how to solve. If somebody could help, it's be very grateful.

Ok, so I decided to have a shot at Greece UHV, Marathon speed (i thought that it might give me the edge I need considering how one needs a goddamn blitzkrieg strategy to get the conquests done before the time limit).
Below is a screenshot from the turn 360. The time limit for the conquests UHV is the turn 364, and I thought that I have all the necessary objectives, but apparently I don't, as on the turn 364 the UHV I'm after greys out and gets marked as 'failed'.

Here's what happened:
- I destroyed Egypt at the very beginning of the game with my starting units
- After turtling for a while, I attacked and captured Jerusalem and Sur. The Phoenicians at that point had Carthage, so I did not destroy the civ, but they begged for peace after I took their city. I let them be - I assumed that the UHV requires the territory of Sur and Sur only, especially considering how capturing Carthage by Greece is not only ahistorical, but also pretty much impossible if you're going for Persia and Babylon simultaneously.
- I attacked Babylon, captured the city of Babylon, after which the civ collapsed, but they left behind an independent city on the territory of modern day Georgia - I marked it on my map.
- I attacked Persia, destroyed Parsa, captured Sirajis, and then also captured their far up north, whose name I can't remember. My intention is to settle somewhere in between those two.

So basically, I'd just like to know what the EXACT requirements of the UHV are - what territories do I need to control? And what does "control the territories of X Y and Z" from the UHV description actually mean? Do I need to have a specific number of cities? Do I need to destroy the said civs? Help me out pretty please :)

Spoiler :

Enough!
I'll create the new thread specifically for the Bug..
It's mushrooming lately and it makes them even absurd...

It's 165 pages long and they're not complaining, they found a crash and think it should be fixed.
To all the people above, currently the modder who works on this is doing a different project, your best hope is to get an auto save and play on from there.

I wouldn't suggest reading 160 pages of thread, but most of the recent conversation is about the bugs. Reading maybe 1 or 2 pages of the thread near the end to see if others are having the problem would make sense. After the extent where the bug is ruled out of being a corrupt download or something of the sort(probably 3-4 reports), further bug reports for the same bug is just clutter. Posting bugs that have already been posted is IMO complaining.

The modder has (had) a plan to create a later civ spawn as Prussia, which would become Germany. Currently the "German" civ is the Holy Roman Empire throughout the middle ages and will eventually become Austria once the Prussian/German civ is created.

There is new leaders. some of them require certain conditions to be met to arrive, like specific civ combinations etc. It's a pretty big mod. You'll have to play a lot to see all the new stuff.

The 1500 crash is a result of a Persian respawn that is bugged. There is instructions earlier in the thread on how to disable the respawn. Can anyone confirm if Algor Mortis's fixes work? I spoke to Leoreth and let him know about the potential fixes, he said that it sounds reasonable, but he is not in a position to confirm. If we can get confirmation, perhaps we can get a patch put together and add it to the first page/download page.

@mcdonogh, you need to have cities in all the areas and no one else can have cities there. I have failed the UHV before because of a barb city out in the fog.

First of all, sorry I've been silent/absent for awhile now. Second of all, I have managed to get a (seemingly) crash-free game on my end with only changing one file, and it leaves the Roman UP perfectly unchanged as opposed to the range of the spawn around a city changing in my last two files. It would seem that the problem was indeed Phoenicia's capital switch when Carthage falls that was causing the crashes I suspected were being caused by the Roman UP. I've done very little testing on this, but at first glance it seems that there is no problem whatsoever with the UP itself. But to all those interested in helping me test this, (or at least have a chance to get through a game without crashing, if that sounds better :p) I'm using the latest SVN version of the mod, with only the one file attached overwriting the default file in ...\RFC Dawn of Civilization\Assets\Python

This SHOULD fix the Roman crash, the Italy respawn crash, and the Persian respawn crash, or at least it does for me.

Once again, if you have the time to try this out, or at least want to have a shot at playing a full game, please try this fix. Also I suppose I should say, anyone else is very welcome and encouraged to use the changes I've made, or make changes to my changes if you know something that would work better!

Attachments

• RiseAndFall.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 100
You only need 1 city in Persia because I did the Greek UHV and all I had was Persepolis.

You must have at least one city in their core area.

Bees? is that meant to say need? :lol:

I can't play this, being a fan of RFC it makes me crazy :crazyeye:

I get it when I run 600AD or 3000BC in PublicMaps.

Spoiler :

Edit: I've BTS in his latest version, and it already happens to me with other mods, do you have any idea ?

First of all, sorry I've been silent/absent for awhile now. Second of all, I have managed to get a (seemingly) crash-free game on my end with only changing one file, and it leaves the Roman UP perfectly unchanged as opposed to the range of the spawn around a city changing in my last two files. It would seem that the problem was indeed Phoenicia's capital switch when Carthage falls that was causing the crashes I suspected were being caused by the Roman UP. I've done very little testing on this, but at first glance it seems that there is no problem whatsoever with the UP itself. But to all those interested in helping me test this, (or at least have a chance to get through a game without crashing, if that sounds better :p) I'm using the latest SVN version of the mod, with only the one file attached overwriting the default file in ...\RFC Dawn of Civilization\Assets\Python

This SHOULD fix the Roman crash, the Italy respawn crash, and the Persian respawn crash, or at least it does for me.

Once again, if you have the time to try this out, or at least want to have a shot at playing a full game, please try this fix. Also I suppose I should say, anyone else is very welcome and encouraged to use the changes I've made, or make changes to my changes if you know something that would work better!

This fixed my CTD!!!

Thank you so much Algor Mortis. :D

FYI, for those bug-fixing I still get a Python Exception: Dawn of Civ Error.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom