DMI XI - Hyborem's Whisper (FfH2)

@Ozbenno:

Yes, we'd better do so. We got a headstart though as the Sheaim will have to switch back to AV first. The good thing is we start with Hyborem, 2 Sects of Flies, one Longbow, 2 Manes and one Imp (Infernal Adept). We can use the Longbow as garrison for Dis and go on rampage on our neighbor. If we are lucky he will still have warriors... :trouble: :D

Imhotep

one turn before the switch i tried to change our state religion to none - and got ffh crashing. retried a few times but with no luck.
i thus saved the game and decided to let somebody else play - unless i happen to start near our old land. which i did.

the first screen shows our starting location.
the second screen is a few turns later, razed the small city and conquered both others.

i waited until unrest ceased, spend a few turns in anarchy to switch to AV and the appropriate civics and continued our crusade on the non-suspecting luichirp. spent a few turns mopping their wooden golems as only hyborem and, later, rosier, were strong enough to take them out. i really like immortal heroes that respawn in a city with an obsidian gate :)

main focus was to build up a bit of economy. research wise i went for writing, markets and bronze working, (built the form of the titan ) with military strategy aka blitz as the next target. feudalism would be a good next target to enable vassal states. priesthood would be nice for ritualists if one of the good guys comes knocking.

save is on turn 200, luichirp have only a single city left (or maybe one hidden somewhere?). flauros would be a good next target, he has vampires but they should be no match to the two heroes while diseased corpses should be able to hold captured cities.

while the elfes are not too weak with the lot of their summoning priests they should not pose a real challenge. will be a walk in the park, let's see if you leave me some bits and pieces when i return from my two week vacation far from all internet.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    388.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 244
  • Hyborem AD-0200.CivBeyondSwordSave
    283.8 KB · Views: 121
The Roster:

1. Imhotep >> can't play until Tuesday
2. reverend_oats >> UP NOW
3. Ralph Jackson >> ON DECK

4. JayThomas
5. Ozbenno
6. slowcar >> JUST PLAYED

If you're not familiar with playing the Infernals and feel unsure about something, just stop and ask... :)

No sweat Ben and Immy, with organising 5 Ankle biters ready for a 6am flight tomorrow I would be stratetched to play a set anyway.

Enjoy - its looking good, leaving some :hammer: for me to apply in two weeks when I return.

Cheers

Ralph

Hm, the reverend has missed his 24 hours window by a fair margin. Therefore I'll skip him.

The Roster:

1. Imhotep
2. reverend_oats >> SKIPPED
3. Ralph Jackson -- OOP until ~ July 24th
4. JayThomas >> UP NOW
5. Ozbenno >> ON DECK

6. slowcar >> JUST PLAYED

Oh, I'm sorry. BtW, I will be out of town from the 19th to the 25, so I'll need (another :blush:) skip then.

Well, either way won't harm. Just see if you can press on with the attack and hold the city, if holding the city is hard, then raze it...

Need to know if Hyboream has died yet. My group of H, Rosier and the SoF has been stopped by a friggin treant. 88% chance of H victory. Should of went the other way, but screwed up, sorry. One stupid a-forest, bleh.

A previous post implied that Hyboream died and I think immortal is really 2 lives, right?

Spoiler :

Just wait for the Treant to attack. Thus he will atack Hyborem in the Forest, and most likely be afraid anyway...

OK, will resume when I get home from work.

This is my first report with pictures.

Played 20 turns. The Luchuirp are dead. Took the elven holy city, the capital and Gilden dies defending an insignificant backwater town.

Turn 201: Plunder is good.

Turn 204: End of the Luchuirp. Kept the city and got a hammer to boot. Rosier and the SoF guy will share the hammer.
Spoiler :

Warfare comes in and I use the GE to rush Form of the Titan.
Spoiler :

Change civics to conquest.

Spoiler :

Turn 209: Made this trade because I mistaken thought our warriors would benifit from copper. Florus is also WHEOOH mode but I doubt it's directed at us.

Spoiler :

Turn 211: Military strategy is in. Start on horseback riding. Eventually we should get the shuet stones which work well with chariots. Plus it's cheep and gives us the mobility promo for our slower troops.

Been building mostly diseased corpses and deploying the forces for two pronged attack into elven lands.

The north force is to march to the holy city; Hyborem, Rosier and the SoF.

The south force is to surround then raze the elven city. 6 diseased corpes, most with CR1 promos. More will follow as needed.

Turn 212: War is declared. Troops begin advance.

Turn 214: The Hyboream stack defends against a raging treant and is victorious w/o damage.

Turn 215: Helion is sacked by the diseased corpses.
Spoiler :

Turn 216: The Holy City Dendrom is taken!! The Song of Autumn is bringing in 39 gpt. Corpses are transported in for garrison duty.
Spoiler :

Turn 218: The Hyboream stack gobbles Yonna. It was the Elven capital so they must have moved it from Evermore at some point.
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, the southern corpses advance to the next victim with reinforcements from the captured Holy city.
Spoiler :

Turn 220: Eaca with Silveric is overrun and razed by corpses.
Spoiler :

The Elven capital, Evermoor, is in sight.
Spoiler :

I razed the two crap cities and kept the other two. I build a horseman and sent him west to look around. At some point I started priesthood. One turn to go. The assult would be facilitated with some mobility promoted priests.

Somewhere along the line, Hyboream and Rosier get the blitz promo. This was critical for taking the northern cities.

Here is the save:

Attachments

• Hyborem AD-0220.CivBeyondSwordSave
    318.1 KB · Views: 115
Top Bottom